BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Im getting married in Jamiaca in May of this year. We will be there for two weeks. The first week is in Ochos Rios and the second week is in an area called Whitehouse.

The resort has free inshore fishing at both locations but was wondering if there is anything to expect offshore that time of year.

Any inputs greatly appreciated

Pete

·
Registered
20,270 Posts
Fishing in jamaica is the worst.... the reefs and inshore areas have all been wiped out by the locals.... kayaked my butt off there for a couple days and didn't do squat.

They must all have gotten the munchies at the same time ;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotya for sure on the munchies... Were stayin at sandals so they have the free scuba and fishing but that is what i heard. All the reefs are just beat up and overfished.

Was hopin somebody had some good info though

thanks

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
when i was in negril, i went out front with a local for a few hours. we trolled some lines with pink squids and caught a handful of 5-10lb striped tuna. pulled em in by hand.

there's nothing on the reefs in close though in ocho as far as I know. we just got back last month from the Riu which is next to Sandals. make sure you do the Dunns River trip.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Dont waste your $$. I fished Montego Bay and Ocho Rios. the fkn boat out of Montego bay was a 38" Phoenix, nice boat but infested with cockroaches!!! all you are paying for is a 4hr boat ride. better off spending your $$ on a couple Booze Cruises.....for better time!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
It sucks

Went there in the beginning of June a couple of years back. Great ride for four hours. Boat was set up by the resort (white house). Captain talked about the Marlin they caught a few years back. As we are pulling in he tells us fishing sucks there and that on the other side of the island tarpon are around. Talked to some locals there are no fish. Go to Puerto Rico spend your money in your own country. They will all have their hands out looking for tips. Will never go back to that God fore saken country.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Definitely do Dunns's. You can take the trip to Nine

mile, Bob's gravesite. Plenty of characters there with some serious goodies. Love Negril too... Ricks Cafe!
congrats and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
mile, Bob's gravesite. Plenty of characters there with some serious goodies. Love Negril too... Ricks Cafe!
congrats and enjoy.
Negril --- Stanley Charters down there. We have had a group book him for the last four years. Has two boats and is always a great time. Last year the guys had seven lines go off at one time.:thumbsup::wave:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.