BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, was wondering what pound test everyone prefers for BackBay Flounder fishing? Also, is it safe to load Braid onto a graphite spool (if it is backed with mono)......... thanks as always for the good input.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
i use 10 lb fire wire....works great

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
I like the spider wire/fireline types for flounder...you can realy feel every bump and tap as you drift along. Tears the heck out of the guides though. Mono for stripers.

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
go check out chunkings tips in the homeport. good read

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Because of the lack of streach it would actually be safer to load a graphite spool with braid than mono. The streach factor in mono is like wrapping a rubberband around your finger. repeated wrapping multiplies the elasticity and eventually you can crust the spool.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I like Spiderwire Stealth or Stren Superbraid, being able to feel all the bumps when fishing for fluke is nice.

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Power Pro , Especially In 30+ Foot

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
sandflea said:
Hey guys, was wondering what pound test everyone prefers for BackBay Flounder fishing? Also, is it safe to load Braid onto a graphite spool (if it is backed with mono)......... thanks as always for the good input.
I use 8-10 lbs power pro for mostly all back bay fishing. Fluke ,snapper blues ,weakies. I go 30 lbs in the fall in the back cause there are some big stripers back there..

·
Registered
714 Posts
I agree with the above posts. 10 lb PowerPro or Sufix, barrel swivel, 2-3 ft fluoro or mono, 1/4-1/2 oz jig or bucktail.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
10-20lb power pro for the back bay depending on weight jig I am using, for offshore fluking I step up to 30-50lb braid so I have a shot at getting my gear back if it gets hung up, just depends on where I am gonna be. I prefer to have slightly larger test because you just dont know what is lurking beneath you at any given time.;) You could hook into a record fish at any time, and I wouldnt want to lose that fish due to a line break

1 - 10 of 10 Posts