BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have to hang up the rods for the summer. I had surgery yesterday on my hand. I had carpel tunnel release surgery on my right hand and on june 30 I will have the same surgery on my left hand, so my summer fishing seems to be over. I hope you all have a great summer and great luck catching that mogan for the wall. :D .

This is all do to an accident I had in 2002 and wasn't my fault. I had arthoscopic surgery on my right shoulder this past january so I hope this will be the end of the surgeries.

Good luck guys and have a great year. I just hope to be ready for fall deer season and the fall run of blues and stripers.

take care

Brian

·
Registered
797 Posts
Brian,
Methinks you're giving up too soon. Did your Dr. say as much? As I type this, I'm on the short list for major abdominal surgery....going to lose 18" of my colon to correct a fistula and severe diverticulosis. My Dr. says I should be able to return to work in 4-5 weeks. I told him no sooner than 8 weeks..(translation = 3-4 weeks time off to fish.) So for me, I'm thinking from mid July to mid August I'll be fishing a lot to make up for lost time. Good Luck with your surgery, follow-up P.T. and don't be afraid to wet a line.
Karl

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Karl, Good luck in your surgery.

Thanks guy, I am schedualed for my next surgery on june 30 so I have some time.

I just hope I am ready for the upcoming Deer season.

Well take care guys and tight lines.

Brian

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Brian,
Better Now Then In The Fall.
By Then You Should Be 100% for the
Racks&Fins.........

Take Care Bud,, The Best To You....

·
Registered
655 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident, dude. Especially since it wasn't your fault.

If you can't fish till after the summer,
how long will it be until you can fire the 445 Supermag? :D

[ 06-07-2004, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Billy BaitSlinger ]

·
Registered
16,356 Posts
Dude, don't give up hope, you'll be ready to fish by the fall. Good luck on the deer too! Shoot, when I was 20 I purposely slammed the door on my hand of the tow truck I drove at the time so I could get off work the last 2 weeks of the summer to go fishing :D Figured it was the more respectable thing to do than quit 2 weeks before I had to go back to school! Wasn't too bad cranking in fluke with two broken splinted fingers, I managed

Good luck with the surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks guys for the kind words. I am recovering now and doing well right now.

Billy. I am not shooting my 445 supermag but I am reloading for it on my Dillon xl 650 progressive. So i am having some fun with it.

But I deffinately can't fish yet but my neice is coming up from fl for a visit and will take her crabbing on the first bridge of 7 bridges road soon.

I go to the dr on monday to get stitches out so I am progressing.

Talk to you later

Brian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts