BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have to hang up the rods for the summer. I had surgery yesterday on my hand. I had carpel tunnel release surgery on my right hand and on june 30 I will have the same surgery on my left hand, so my summer fishing seems to be over. I hope you all have a great summer and great luck catching that mogan for the wall. :D .

This is all do to an accident I had in 2002 and wasn't my fault. I had arthoscopic surgery on my right shoulder this past january so I hope this will be the end of the surgeries.

Good luck guys and have a great year. I just hope to be ready for fall deer season and the fall run of blues and stripers.

take care

Brian

· Registered
489 Posts
Brian,
Methinks you're giving up too soon. Did your Dr. say as much? As I type this, I'm on the short list for major abdominal surgery....going to lose 18" of my colon to correct a fistula and severe diverticulosis. My Dr. says I should be able to return to work in 4-5 weeks. I told him no sooner than 8 weeks..(translation = 3-4 weeks time off to fish.) So for me, I'm thinking from mid July to mid August I'll be fishing a lot to make up for lost time. Good Luck with your surgery, follow-up P.T. and don't be afraid to wet a line.
Karl

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Karl, Good luck in your surgery.

Thanks guy, I am schedualed for my next surgery on june 30 so I have some time.

I just hope I am ready for the upcoming Deer season.

Well take care guys and tight lines.

Brian

· Banned
7,414 Posts
Brian,
Better Now Then In The Fall.
By Then You Should Be 100% for the
Racks&Fins.........

Take Care Bud,, The Best To You....

· Registered
13,800 Posts
Dude, don't give up hope, you'll be ready to fish by the fall. Good luck on the deer too! Shoot, when I was 20 I purposely slammed the door on my hand of the tow truck I drove at the time so I could get off work the last 2 weeks of the summer to go fishing :D Figured it was the more respectable thing to do than quit 2 weeks before I had to go back to school! Wasn't too bad cranking in fluke with two broken splinted fingers, I managed

Good luck with the surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks guys for the kind words. I am recovering now and doing well right now.

Billy. I am not shooting my 445 supermag but I am reloading for it on my Dillon xl 650 progressive. So i am having some fun with it.

But I deffinately can't fish yet but my neice is coming up from fl for a visit and will take her crabbing on the first bridge of 7 bridges road soon.

I go to the dr on monday to get stitches out so I am progressing.

Talk to you later

Brian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.