BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing regulations debate on the Diane Rheme show on NPR today. Hour long program covering commercial and recreational fishing. Guests including Frank Pallone, the head of NOAA and head of RFA. Very interesting but disturbing. It was on at 10am but should be rebroadcast tonight. If not check for it on satellite radio at 4pm or go online and get the podcast. Bases on what I heard of the "science" and how they make up the limits I think I'm going to adopt my own personal policy of self-governing for what I catch and keep. It's better than their guesses.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
fishing regulations debate on the diane rheme show on npr today. Hour long program covering commercial and recreational fishing. Guests including frank pallone, the head of noaa and head of rfa. Very interesting but disturbing. It was on at 10am but should be rebroadcast tonight. If not check for it on satellite radio at 4pm or go online and get the podcast. Bases on what i heard of the "science" and how they make up the limits i think i'm going to adopt my own personal policy of self-governing for what i catch and keep. It's better than their guesses.
the agency's who make the rules as a whole have no clue--all they are is part of big government.

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
The RFA has come out heavily against the new law........

""If NOAA and the Obama administration were really serious about protecting fish and fishermen, they would suspend these annual catch limits and accountability measures until science was in place to support such a rigid management regime," Donofrio said, adding "Mr. Schwaab's agency wants to implement rigid requirements without having the science or statistical analysis to support their efforts."

·
Banned
3,205 Posts
NOAA like everyone else listens to money. PEW has money, fisherman don't
WRONG.........If all fishermen unite we have more money & power than the PEW & NOAA have combined. The problem is fishermen don't unite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.