BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets,BackBays & Bridges....
By Boat or By Land- It's All Good....
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------

Is This The Week The Action Finally Breaks Out ??
March Has Basically Been A Bust But This Weekend
We Head Into April And That Always Brings Good Fishing To The Jersey Shore..
Don't Forget Daylight Savings Time Begins Sunday..

Everyone Have A Great Week..

[ 03-28-2005, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Hit the del yesterday & got skunked, didn't see anybody else catch anything either but did hear of three bass in the 26-28in range caught on Friday.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Went out tonight in the OC area....probably my 6th trip to my spot in the past 3 weeks...finally got my first bass of the Spring on artificials...was using the small plastic Tsunami split-tail...Got him right around dusk; only 20", but a nice, clean fish...No other hits, but I did see some bait (spearing) and 2 crashes from feeding bass...Things are really coming to life!!!!------Mike

·
Registered
426 Posts
Anchored in 12 ft of 46 degree water at high slack.Caught 4 bass in first 40 min.Biggest 35in,2 29 to 31 1/2 plus a 25in.Was chumming from start with mussels[a real ***** to get today].Wind shift and tide gettin rollin made me reanchor, so I moved closer to flat.9ft of 47.7 gave us 5 13 to 17in blackbacks in about 1 1/2 hrs.I should of made 1 more move, but the boys were ready to go and I was too!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...FLOOD WATCH NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ 252 PM EST THU MAR 31 2005
... FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING TO SUNDAY MORNING...

... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ HAS ISSUED A FLOOD WATCH EFFECTIVE UNTIL 800 AM EDT SUNDAY MORNING. THE WATCH INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING AREAS...

IN PENNSYLVANIA... BERKS... BUCKS... CARBON... CHESTER... DELAWARE... LEHIGH... MONROE... MONTGOMERY... NORTHAMPTON AND PHILADELPHIA.

IN NEW JERSEY... CAMDEN... GLOUCESTER... HUNTERDON... MERCER... MIDDLESEX... MORRIS... NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON... OCEAN... SALEM... SOMERSET... SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON... SUSSEX... WARREN AND WESTERN MONMOUTH.

IN MARYLAND... CECIL AND KENT.

IN DELAWARE... NEW CASTLE.

SOME CITIES IN THE WATCH INCLUDE ALLENTOWN... BETHLEHEM... CAMDEN... NEW BRUNSWICK... NEWARK... PERTH AMBOY... PHILADELPHIA... READING... TRENTON AND WILMINGTON.

LOW PRESSURE IS WILL ORGANIZE OVER THE GULF COAST REGION TONIGHT, THEN MOVE INTO THE CAROLINAS BY FRIDAY EVENING. THE LOW, WHICH WILL LIKELY CARRY AN ABUNDANCE OF GULF MOISTURE WITH IT, IS THEN FORECAST TO MOVE SLOWLY TOWARD OUR AREA FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY MORNING. IT SHOULD SLOWLY LIFT AWAY FROM THE REGION LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND SATURDAY NIGHT. DUE TO THE SLOW MOVEMENT OF THE SYSTEM, THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF HEAVY RAIN. ALSO, SOME EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS WITH ENHANCED HEAVY DOWNPOURS ARE POSSIBLE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO EARLY SATURDAY.

RAINFALL AMOUNTS IN EXCESS OF TWO INCHES ARE POSSIBLE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY OVER AT LEAST PORTIONS OF EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA, NORTHERN, CENTRAL AND SOUTHWESTERN NEW JERSEY, NORTHERN DELAWARE AND FAR NORTHEASTERN MARYLAND. THOSE AMOUNTS WOULD CAUSE WIDESPREAD FLOODING OF MANY OF THE AREA'S STREAMS, WITH SOME STREAMS NOT HAVING MUCH TIME TO RECOVER FROM LAST MONDAY'S RAINS BEFORE RISING AGAIN.

IF YOU LIVE IN A LOCATION THAT IS PRONE TO FLOODING, PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO SUBSEQUENT WEATHER FORECASTS. IN ADDITION TO STREAM FLOODING, THERE MAY WELL BE URBAN AND POOR DRAINAGE FLOODING DURING TIMES OF THE HEAVIEST RAINFALL. THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR THIS SITUATION, AND ADDITIONAL STATEMENTS AND WARNINGS WILL BE ISSUED IF NEEDED.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
1st trip and I went out to my favorite Spring sodbank near OC and didn't get anything. My buddy had one get off right at the bank. We used bloods, clams and I used the Gulp Sandworm. I really like the new Gulp saltwater products. I think when the bass start hitting at my spot they will work. The tide was outgoing. Felt real good getting out there again.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've been out twice in the last week. Saw some nice pics of a lot of walleye up to 6lb caught while there was still snow on the ground. Earliest bass that I know of was caught on the 9th (saw the pic) and another was caught on the 20th. I'm all walleye's so far...will let you all know when it gets more consistent.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Fished with a buddy at a beach in Little Egg Harbor Twp today, I used bloods, my buddy used clam. We got the skunk but witnessed a slot and a "tweener" caught halfway through the outgoing tide. Wind made it too cold after about two hours and we packed it in. Stopped in to Scott's just after a 36"er was weighed in from GP. A couple more warm days and the fishing should really turn on

Greg

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
That 36 inch fish was not caught at Graveling Point.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
:confused: All I know is that is was not caught at G.P.

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
You all know how we don't like giving our secret spot's out,maybe the guy told Scott's that he caught the fish at G.P. so he can keep his spot all to himself ??!! Bait shop's can only go by what their told !!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts