BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been on vacation for the last two weeks and got a few fishing days in. Last week got out two days for some flounder fishing, couple nice flounder in the 20to21" range and lots of bluefish. Went out this monday, 16th. and anchored up and tried for some back water striper not really expecting to get any but had a half bussel of frozen surf clams and figured what the heck I m on vacation I got the the time I'll give it a shot. First two spots didn't get a bite, third spot was a charm, five stripers and two more that got off in about an hours time. all were between 21 and just under 24"" so none to take home but fun to catch anyway, ran out of clams. Went back the next day to the same spot diffent tide and did zilch. Also went drum/ sriper fishing yesterday 18th at the pintop and horseshoe area for incoming tide and caught about a dozen sharks and about as many skates, not going to give up on the drumfishing I never caught one and my plan is to keep going out till I get one! By the way all backwater trips were from the two mile bridge to the old train bridge, don;t want to get any more specific on spots, sorry. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.