BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish & Crabbing etc.
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
190 Posts
WENT OUT SUNDAY CATCH REPORT: 200 SANDSHARKS, 5 SKATES, 1 30" BASS (RELEASED)

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Hit a couple of Jetties with TSS Striper Sun from about 2:30am till 7:30am. The west wind blew hard & so did the fishing. TSS did manage one bass about 25-26" or so on a jointed bomber. Regardless it was a nice night. I was amazed at how quickly the ocean flattened out. Oh well I look at trips like that as paying dues.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I posted this in the striper forum, but may as well here too. From Friday morning to Sunday I only got 2 stripers in the back and they were 17 and 22 inches. Tons of doggies, with Friday night bringing 36. A few seabass and a king were also thrown in. All were caught on clam bellies while chunking.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I fished all over saturday with Esox1. The 40mph winds in our faces at TI made us quickly look for plan B. We moved to behind CISP and caught a big eel, skates, dogs, etc. For plan C we drove the beach in SIC and fished a jetty. I still don't know how Esox managed to not fall off it.
The erosion from the storm made it impossible to drive past 84th street or so. They need to get a back hoe out there and repair the beaches.

Plan D found us back at Esox's dock behind sea isle fishing and crabbing but still no decent fish. The water looked like chocolate milk and the wind was blowing like crazy.

Saturday night I hit the beach on my street and then the jetty but it was more wind and churned up water with no fish.

Sunday we moved my buddy's boat from sea isle to cape may to get ready for the decent weather.

[ 10-17-2005, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
It sure felt like fall yesterday morning, the wind was howling, the Brant were flying, even saw a couple flocks of Canada geese take off (wonder if they were migrants or residents). Fished up in the creeks to keep out of the wind, got Bass of 24" and 30" trolling bucktails. It's Striper time(...bet you already knew that)!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by Esox1:
Someday I will learn my lesson and not walk on the jetties.
I fell in this morning over in Pt. Pleasant on the jetty. Stepped on a rock that looked dry, but was apparently covered in some brown slime. Luckily I landed on a rock in the water. Banged up my shins pretty good, but hey, I didn't go all the way in, and I kept my pole ;)

Over the Manasquan side some guys were getting Stripers, but they were all shorts. Watched one guy catch 4 in 15 minutes. Gulls were going crazy about 150yds off the inlet. Dunno if it was Blues hitting something or Hickory Shad nailing all the rainfish that were around. Rainfish were so thick along the rocks in the inlet it looked like you could've walked on them.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Fellas, We ALL should realy not be going out on any jetties without korkers on our feet! Their cost is a small price to pay for surefootedness and peace of mind. Glad you wern't hurt bad but hey, next time lady luck might not be watching.

The fishing is so bad right now that today I had to spend a buck on crab bait. :( Going to look for some cleaner water in the back tonight after the ballgame on the outgoing. We'll see...?

[ 10-17-2005, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Keeper Seeker ]

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just got in from hitting a couple jetties...found a short bass and a few strikes. The water seems to have cleaned up nicely ;)

Just realized my report is incomplete...I also locked my keys in the car :mad:

[ 10-17-2005, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Casting disaster ]

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Before venturing out on the rocks, invest in a set of Korkers. I would never, never ever go out without them and neither would any of the other rockhoppers I know. Your life is worth more than 55 dollars! You will fall and you will get hurt without them! Jetties are no place to be without them! I would also recommend some type of flotation device, belt or suspenders. Also watch the water before venturing out, You do not want to get washed off.

I like to wear calf high boots that I can get off easily. I have my Korker permanently mounted to them. I tie them on and then put two 4" screws through the back of the Korkers into the heal of the boot. This way you do not loose them if the come undone out on the rocks, it happens trust me. I also do not wear waders, I ware Grundens bibs and a waterproof fishing jacket, these are a lot easier to get out of if something happens. As for tackle, I like to keep my arms free and not loose it by putting it down. Look into a bag that you can wear around your waist. Aquaskinz makes some nice products, you can check them out at www.eastcoasttackle.com they also have Korkers.

Please be safe out there, I would also recommend fishing with a friend. God forbid something happens he just may save you life or you his.

This is just my opinion and nothing is written in stone.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Went out last night behind OC. There was alot boats burning up gas. Nobody doing good. We managed a 4lb. eel on a smaller eel. Had one small blue smack our lure that was all. Was marking large fish but no takers.It's only a matter of days before it starts. h2o 62 deg. not alot of grass and water clarity is improveing.

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
Originally posted by Bay Stalker:
Before venturing out on the rocks, invest in a set of Korkers. I would never, never ever go out without them and neither would any of the other rockhoppers I know. Your life is worth more than 55 dollars! You will fall and you will get hurt without them! Jetties are no place to be without them! I would also recommend some type of flotation device, belt or suspenders. Also watch the water before venturing out, You do not want to get washed off.

I like to wear calf high boots that I can get off easily. I have my Korker permanently mounted to them. I tie them on and then put two 4" screws through the back of the Korkers into the heal of the boot. This way you do not loose them if the come undone out on the rocks, it happens trust me. I also do not wear waders, I ware Grundens bibs and a waterproof fishing jacket, these are a lot easier to get out of if something happens. As for tackle, I like to keep my arms free and not loose it by putting it down. Look into a bag that you can wear around your waist. Aquaskinz makes some nice products, you can check them out at www.eastcoasttackle.com they also have Korkers.

Please be safe out there, I would also recommend fishing with a friend. God forbid something happens he just may save you life or you his.

This is just my opinion and nothing is written in stone.
Very well said Bay Stalker. No Korkers = No Jetty fishing for me. It's just too dangerous!!

Bay Stalker walking off a Jetty with his korkers on. :cool:

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
That can't be him, theres no fish in his hand. :D

I'm not a religious man but I do preach the Korkers!!

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Originally posted by ReadyJettyGo:
That can't be him, theres no fish in his hand. :D

I'm not a religious man but I do preach the Korkers!!
We caught fish and all went back to fight another day. :D

[ 10-18-2005, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Bay Stalker ]

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hit a fishing pier north of Ocean City from 4:30 till about 7:30 PM. Local tackle shops were out of live clams so I tried some bunker from finatics. Not a bite. Not even a skate. Heard reports from the guys that had been out there all day of a few croakers and snapper blues and only one short striper all day. (Striper on clam) Water is still muddy and the first two or three hours of the incoming is full of cabbage. Last hour I was there wasn't so bad. Will give it a shot again Thursday morning.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.