BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

--------------------------------------------------

Things Are Getting Ready To Really PoP...
BackBay and Surf Water Temps are in the
Upper 60's to 70 degrees. Starting Late
Tonight the Coldest Air Of The Fall Season
Will Come in and Those Presistent NNW Winds
Should Drop Those Temperatures This Week,
And The Bite Should Turn On....

I plugged the Surf this Weekend in Ocean Co.,
I found some Razor Lips Sat.Morning before
First Light and I Caught My Largest BlueFish
This Year on a Gibbs Blk/Pur Darter and about
a 1/2dz smaller snappers... NO BASS,But I Did
Hear of some Good Things the Night Earlier...
I went back out last night over to the island
and hit the same spot and another area just
after dark,but came up empty.

My Buddy Ronny, continues to hit hard times
in the back around OC,but he did find a little
bit more life out front on the beach.And after
cast netting some Mullet picked up a Short
Striper....

Toothy Critter

Everyone Have A Great Week,,,,

·
Registered
532 Posts
Out and about last night from Avalon to N.Wildwood. As usual had to beat the Blues off the offerings. Found Stripers pounding spearing along the sod banks and some flats areas but couldn't quite reach them. Had a few heart palpatations as Bass smacked my popper out of the water the few times I got close enough. Lost a nice Weakie on a peanut bunker and jig head, he was just holding it in his mouth - pulled up the peanut with 2 rips down his side. Fish just weren't real aggressive last night. Hopefully the cold nights will get them popping.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Originally posted by Bgsdad:
Next week Steve!
See my LBI Report in the Surf Forum!
Sounds like summer still up there, see you guys out there. Somebody turn on the air condition and chill it up a bit before I get there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
out Sunday for just 2 hours at the top of the tide. Squid, warm waters, not too much weed in the water. Only caught assorted thrash, ie shark, sea robin, small sea bass, small blue, small flounder. Wind was howling and made it feel like November. No keepers. Can't wait for the stripers to show up in the rips.

·
Registered
190 Posts
FISHED SATURDAY 10/2 ABOUT 12 MILES OFF OF TI IN 70' OF WATER, HAD 2 KEEPER FLOUNDER AND A FEW SHORTS, 2 12-15# BLUES AND 1 LARGE CROAKER, NOT TOO BAD FOR THE SEA CONDITIONS WE WERE IN ( 4-6 FOOTERS )WITH A NICE RAINY RIDE IN. STOPPED IN 30' AND CAUGHT SOME WEAKIES, 4 KEEPERS. HOPE TO GET OUT NEXT WEEKEND FOR ONE LAST SHOT AT THE FLOUNDER THEN ON TO RHE STRIPED ONES.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Fished in the yak up in the OC area on Friday night. The spike weakfish were smackin my Pink Finesse pretty good just before the slack tide. Probably caught 30 or so spikes with an occasional 17in fish mixed in. Also jigged up a few flounder and small stripers. On the outgoing the weakfish were harder to get but the bluefish were ferocius. Must have gone through a 100 pink finesse that night. Ended the night fishing under some dock lights in the Avalon/SH area and picked up a nice 28inch bass. Took a little work though as my yozuri was competing with all the spearing in the water. The bass are around it should be just a few days til they start feeding heavily.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I fished Sunday afternoon,we limited out on blackfish right away,only allowed one fish ea.,we caught them along the sod banks in about 20 feet of water with green crabs.We then moved to a diff. area a started to chum with clams, we had a couple missed fish and one striper 26 inches, shortly after the fish we ran out a bait and went home

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Originally posted by Fred81876:
I fished Sunday afternoon,we limited out on blackfish right away,only allowed one fish ea.,we caught them along the sod banks in about 20 feet of water with green crabs.We then moved to a diff. area a started to chum with clams, we had a couple missed fish and one striper 26 inches, shortly after the fish we ran out a bait and went home
When does the limit go up to 4 again??

Thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
did the longport surf monday noon, 1 sea robin
visited the new pier made from the old oc bridge, i'll take my grandkids there this summer
only problem was a group who let their 2 and 3 year old wander, dangerous and the smallest one ready to plant a handfull of dirt and sand on my car, none were fishin, when i left

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Mikey(TRMB), Rich, and myself took Rich's skiff out lastnight behind SIC and Avalon.

Caught some nice peanuts and mullet at the inlet, and headed to the sodbanks around dusk. Caught a vew weakies, several blues, sharks, and finally one striper- a shortie.

Tons of bait- lots of popping. Not much action.

I spent most of the night pluggin and popping. Started with a Chug Bug and ended up with a B/P Bomber.

Nice night out there. WE fished the bottom of the outgoing and the 1st half of the incoming. Water was between 67-69 degrees.

I'm gonna have a good pluggin night yet.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Was out chunking this afternoon.
1 27-28 fish
1 38
1 fish over 30lb that spooled my friends spinning reel with 17 lb test.Fish was headed north and probably still going.
Looks like the start of bass season is upon us.This cold snap tonight should put a few fish on the bite tom afternoon.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Got out last night - it was the slowest night I've had in 4 weeks. A small flurry right at dark with one short and many missed strikes(smaller bass). The huge schools of mullet we have been fishing thru Sept. seem to have moved south out into the big D. and south into Del/Mar/Va. Even though there are still a lot of mullet coming down from the north, I'm starting to think we are past mid point and nearing the end of the mullet run. Same thing happened last year, all the bigger fish came early. I'm gonna miss the easy action - we'll there is always next years run. Biggest fish I got was a 17lber and most nights we had fish on every cast. I got to see a rather large school of bass chase a huge school of mullet from the tip into the pocket one night. They stayed there for an hour. Over the sounds of the surf waves and water hitting the rocks, it sounded like bacon frying in a pan - that was my best and most memorable night and would have been even if no fish had been caught. I actually had trouble sleeping that night - couldn't turn the adrenaline off. Well, I hope you all had some good action - this year is already the best early fall run season I've ever had and I hope it continues right thru to the end.

good luck to all

·
Registered
540 Posts
Made it out last night in OC for my first yak trip of the fall. Met up with Brent and discussed strategy, checked a couple of spots and decided to go back to where I started. Launched around 10:30 and has the whole place to myself except for one other boat and he left shortly after I got there. Fish were busting everywhere. Fished the shadow line and deep in the shadows and wound up with 10 shorts up to 22". Then the bass backed off and the place filled up with blues, little rubber eating machines. I changed tactics and went with 1/2 oz jig head to get down under them. I think the tide was beginning to slacken too. Anyway, I was rewarded with a flounder and some spike weakies and the an 22" weakie. Dinner tonight. Lure of choice was the white bass assasin with pink tail and then when the blues started to eat too many of them I changed over to pink zoom and then to a silver zoom. Got the weakies on the silver sparkle zoom. Nice night, light winds and nice temps. Got home at 3:30 and up at 5 for work. My eyes are burning, but it was well worth it. Nice start for my fall. Good luck everyone, it's only getting started. Keith the bagman

[ 10-07-2004, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: the bagman ]

·
Registered
1 Posts
NEW MEMBER LOOKING FOR INFO TO FISH MANASQUAN RIVER @ RT. 35 BRIDGE
WHEN AND WHERE AND AT WHAT TIDE SHOULD I LOOK FOR ?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Fished around the back bays last night. Tons of Blues as usual, tried really hard not to catch them, leave 'em all for fishcounselor
We found Stripers, but as usual couldn't quite reach them (realy need to start using the boat!). They were busting all over spearing on the sod banks and flats areas. We had a few swirl and pop on our pencil poppers and other top water lures, but no hook ups. Perfect night out, just needed the fish to cooperate.

·
Registered
12,699 Posts
This am threw bombers and jig heads at predawn till 7. Small blues tore up the rubber. No Bass. Fun to be out again. Beautiful sunrise.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts