BASS BARN banner

Fishing Reports 10/9 - 10/16 2005

1K views 47 replies 33 participants last post by  Dr. Bass 
#1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish & Crabbing etc.
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

See less See more
#2 ·
NoMoCo treated us very well friday night before it got nasty.Fishing a well know rip with Cannon swimmers and bigger darters got us 5 bass from slot size up to 21 pounds.Sat out Sat.Hit an area farther south in Mo Co on Sun night and only got some blues,again on swimmers and darters.Looks like it's starting.

#5 ·
Fished pretty hard this weekend. South Jersey. Plugs, Plastics, Live Mullet, Live Peanuts and some Surf Clam. Sods, bridges, inlets and jettys. Not much to show for it. Small blues were still abundant, no stripes, lost some a couple weaks at the bank and sharks. Saw one nice weakie taken on a live nut, probably around 5#.

Oh well I caught fish, still gotta drop a couple degrees down here but there were a lot of people out trying.

RyanF

#6 ·
Fish the Mullica River from the Park Way Bridge to the LEI. Cam up empty handed except for a few small blues in the inlet. The water temp in the river was 68 at low tide in the river. The water sure needs to cool down a bit.

#7 ·
Fished CISP today from 5:00am-9:00am. I worked from the boat ramp all the way to the point. Threw plugs and plastics, and only ended up with one blue.
Fished the point most of the time. You could see the bait fish come in from the ocean and work its way down the shore line. I watched them come all the way to my feet and past me.
I went out front to the jetties just to take a look. Saw a guy bait fishing on the *** street jetty. There were a lot of surfers in the water. It looked like he was going to hook into one. I was going to join him, but was too tired. I'll be out again next weekend.

[ 10-11-2005, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

#8 ·
Kenuloza,

Good report but you might want to be a little less specific with the spots next time. Not trying to cause a stir, but the generally policy is no exact spots. Give the details on the day, what worked, what didn't etc, but the spots can be left to the imagination.

#14 ·
Originally posted by Mddletown:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kenuloza:
look. Saw a guy bait fishing on the *** street jetty.
I guess management doesn't want us to know where a guy a bait fishing. Even though it doesn't include his report. Must be one of the moderator's top spots. How silly! </font>[/QUOTE]No, It's The Rules of the Board...
Here is the Discalimer from Above - Posted
Every Week...
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish & Crabbing etc.
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

And No, Not One Of My Top Spots..
But How About If It Was Yours,And You Showed Up
A Saw 10 Guys On The Jetty ????
Would You Think That Was SILLY !!!

[ 10-11-2005, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

#15 ·
The report said a guy was fishing there. Hey last weekend I saw a guy fishing at the jetty on my street....**** in sea isle. I don't think that hurts anything. Like i said just silly. Doesnt mean he was catching anything.

[ 10-11-2005, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

#16 ·
Originally posted by Mddletown:
The report said a guy was fishing there. Hey last weekend I saw a guy fishing at the jetty on my street....*** in sea isle. I don't think that hurts anything. Like i said just silly. Doesnt mean he was catching anything.
Bottom Line Mddletown, posting of a exact location or spot will be edited, thx NS...

#18 ·
This spot conversation is truly painful. That horse died a long time ago I thought. Move on to something all together new like a fishing report.

I spent 4 days in Montauk last Wed - Sat and was truly disappointed in the bass fishing this year. Last year at this time it was great. This year we marked h2o at 71 in the surf at lowtide. We did catch fish but not like years past. Fished both from Boat and land. I was amazed that the bass fishing like NJ has really not begun yet up North. The fish were there but not aggressive. Many times they would just follow a live lined porgy to the surface and not grab it. At this pace we will be catching stripers in the NJ surf well past New years.

#20 ·
had off from work today due to weather and figured id give a go at my 1st fall bass trip.threw clam in absecon and scored 2 stripers.19" and 27",not to mention the skates on the outgoing.

#21 ·
Sorry I stired things up a bit. I guess I wasn't thinking when I posted the "exact spot."
I'll keep posting, and be more careful next time.

#23 ·
Originally posted by jc:
This spot conversation is truly painful. That horse died a long time ago I thought. Move on to something all together new like a fishing report.

I spent 4 days in Montauk last Wed - Sat and was truly disappointed in the bass fishing this year. Last year at this time it was great. This year we marked h2o at 71 in the surf at lowtide. We did catch fish but not like years past. Fished both from Boat and land. I was amazed that the bass fishing like NJ has really not begun yet up North. The fish were there but not aggressive. Many times they would just follow a live lined porgy to the surface and not grab it. At this pace we will be catching stripers in the NJ surf well past New years.
Thanks for the report jc!
Two weeks and I'm there....Hopefully the fish will cooperate. ;)

#24 ·
hit some banks and dock lights last night behind margate. one 22" striper on plastic and a couple of bluefish. perhaps placing a huge iceberg along the coast would get the fish here faster?

#26 ·
The good news is that we can have a New Years party on the beach.
Who can catch a striper closest to midnight?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.