BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish,Tog & Seabass.
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

I got back to some backbay/inlet fishing this past weekend and had a pretty good night..Found the Bunker and Found The Bass. I will try to mix up both some surf and backbay trips over the next month or so..November Is The Second PRIME TIME Month For Bass Fishing In My Book...Alot OF Different Opportunities Exist And The Rewards For Putting Your Time In Are Great...
So Get Out The Cold Weather Clothing And Hook Into Some Action....

Good Luck Everyone,,,

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Hit the back last night. Got skunked but it wasn't due to lack of fish around. Got to see the "fire on the water" that's been happening latley, very cool stuff. Fish were everywhere but wanted no parts of whatever I threw at them (including live bait). I have seen it beofore but never like last night. It was worth the skunk though. I could have sat there all night & watched the lightshow.

·
Registered
648 Posts
ive had 20 bass the last 3 nights under bridge lights on fin-s in south jersey, all right around 24" give or take a few inches

·
Registered
908 Posts
Fished the last hour and a half of the incoming
last night behind O.C...all the bass you want up
to 23" on plastics. I stopped counting at 30.
The water temp really dropped off this past
week. I had readings as low as 50 degrees :eek:
These south jersey reports are getting redundant ;)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Am I allowed to post an Oct. 30th report?? 3 bass in the back on clams. 24, 25, 33.
Herring were breaking water everwhere but it didn't seem as if anything was on them.
Hope to post a Nov. report soon!!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Went out in Bayhead this morning from the surf. Fished from about 5:45 til 9:45. Not a single bass, but I didn't really expect one as they weren't "bass conditions". Blues blitzed to the north and south of me, but I didn't feel like hopping in my car to run down the beach (they probably would've been gone by the time I got there anyway). Swung by my end of the beach but too far out to reach. Did manage to get one Blue on a Storm Shad though, and a big one. Probably about 12#. Easily my biggest blue from the surf. Got me a little worried w/ no wire leader and only 20# test. Took about 5min to get him in. Heck, it's only a Blue, but they sure are fun to fight :D

·
Registered
826 Posts
Fish the outgoing tide from 8:30 this morning till about 1:30 on a fishing pier north of O.C. Using chunked bunker on one pole and mullet on the other. Nothing but skates being caught the whole day. Caught a fat 18 inch flounder on the mullet rig right before I had to leave. Swallowed the hole thing. Both hooks buried. What a waste to have to throw that back.

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
MCH, It was a wild show down here too. Boat looked like it had light under it. Electric motor mad a 7 foot plume of light. Flies stripped through the water had 3 foot comet tails trailing them. Even saw a school of 6 stripers swim under the boat glowing as they swam. Never saw anything like it before. Didn't get one strike in area usually hot. Went to bridge lights where we got 6 bass and herring on the fly, but water was super ugly. Could only see down 6 inches.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Fished this afternoon in Cape May county area with my lil bro...got the skunk...although plenty of top water action going on in 2 spots...tried everything I had...it just wasnt good nuff

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Originally posted by CapeMayRay:
MCH, It was a wild show down here too. Boat looked like it had light under it. Electric motor mad a 7 foot plume of light. Flies stripped through the water had 3 foot comet tails trailing them. Even saw a school of 6 stripers swim under the boat glowing as they swam. Never saw anything like it before. Didn't get one strike in area usually hot. Went to bridge lights where we got 6 bass and herring on the fly, but water was super ugly. Could only see down 6 inches.
I saw your report in the flyfishing forum & actually copied it & sent it to a buddy of mine who doesen't really fish because you did a better job describing it then I could have.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Fished Longport area last several days...

2 days ago, lots of bait splashing on surface... One hookup, small blue....

Last night... very windy, nothing...

Got out this morning, there was a mini blues blitz off the beach. Got a 5 and 3 pound blue on a Hopkins... Might have gotten more except on light tackle it took a while to bring in

Stomachs were full of peanut bunker...

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Got to IBSP around 4pm yesterday afternoon,guys were packing it in, they were walking off with some real nice blues up to about 12 lbs, spoke to on guy for a good amount of time, he said he fished from the Manasquan inlet to the park, and there was bait the entire length, right in the surf, they were all peanut bunker, he said there was a school of bunker just north of the park that was 2 blocks long, he heard of a few bass being caught, but all he saw was blues, we fished just north of the park for 3 hours, and only had 2 four pound blues for our effort, went from the park north to Lavalette to fish around some of the jetties up there, we had some beautiful water to fish up there, but only one small bluefish to show for our efforts, from there we went to our hot bridge bite from last week, and the light show was on again, bait and bass as far as we could see, we landed 6 fish up to 31 inches, keeping 2 slots both at 27 1/2 inches, but there were some real big fish there, i spoke to one guy there who said he had a fish over 40 inches the night before, the fish we kept were loaded with peanut bunker, despite the amazing amount of large adult Bunker present! Hey steve check your email! Jim

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will Do Jim, Thanks - Way To Get On Them Again...

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Originally posted by IGGY2:
Got to IBSP around 4pm yesterday afternoon,guys were packing it in, they were walking off with some real nice blues up to about 12 lbs, spoke to on guy for a good amount of time, he said he fished from the Manasquan inlet to the park, and there was bait the entire length, right in the surf, they were all peanut bunker, he said there was a school of bunker just north of the park that was 2 blocks long, he heard of a few bass being caught, but all he saw was blues, we fished just north of the park for 3 hours, and only had 2 four pound blues for our effort, went from the park north to Lavalette to fish around some of the jetties up there, we had some beautiful water to fish up there, but only one small bluefish to show for our efforts, from there we went to our hot bridge bite from last week, and the light show was on again, bait and bass as far as we could see, we landed 6 fish up to 31 inches, keeping 2 slots both at 27 1/2 inches, but there were some real big fish there, i spoke to one guy there who said he had a fish over 40 inches the night before, the fish we kept were loaded with peanut bunker, despite the amazing amount of large adult Bunker present! Hey steve check your email! Jim
Jim,
I'm thinking about taking my 1st trip up to LBI next Friday early morning (5am) til noon. Let me know if you can make it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Hit the beach with my 11 y/o son this afternoon. He managed two bass on clams, a slot and a nice fat 32" fish. It was a hoot watching him land that fish. It looked (and I think he felt) like the fish might just pull him in. He was one happy kid today.

We cruised the beach as well, and there was a lot of bird play mostly out of reach. There were peanuts in the wash just about everywhere. We did have a brief flurry of bird play within casting range but we didn't hook up. It ended pretty quick.

All in all a great day on the beach.

[ 11-02-2005, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: LongDrive ]

·
Registered
771 Posts
Andy,
It sounds like it was a great day. Looks like a budding surfcaster is in the making.

Jeff

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hit alocal bridge tonight for a 1/2hr and managed one short that went about 23.....fished from about 8-830 and called it quits to watch the rest of the sixers

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Ocean City had something for everyone yesterday. Started out the morning in the back in my boat for 2 - 36" bass on eels and 2 shorts on bucktail. At about 2:30 I decided to take a walk up to the beach and there were fish breaking and gannets diving just outside the bar (don't know if they ever came back in). Talked to a guy in a wetsuit who said he slammed bass and blues before they moved out. Later I took a ride to the CISP boat ramp and while I'm talking to a guy on the dock, all hell starts breaking loose. Chopper blues invaded the inlet and were chasing bunker, even guys fishing clams were hooking these big fat blues. I ran and got my rod and I hooked a few, but they either got off or were bit off. Left at about 4:00, don't know if they came back in or not.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Did a front/back combo last night. Started in the back, saw a ton of fish but all were in the 12" to 15" range. Had a couple take a swipes at a small bucktail & also a mirro-lure but no takers. There was still fire under water but it looks like it's dying down a little bit.

After that I hit the surf & got the skunk.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I fished in back of O.C. last night for an hour
or so. It seems like the bridges are the only
place to catch bass with this glowing water. I
boated a dozen bass to 24". I tried the sods
for a few minutes, but it didn't feel right
seeing a 3 foot trail of green behind your
lure. As cool as it looks, I hope it goes away soon.

The bass I've been catching are much thicker
than normal...they must be eating well!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts