BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish,Tog & Seabass.
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

Don't Forget Tautog Season Changes Tomorrow..
From Tue.11/15 thru to the end of the year 12/31
the bag limit increases to (8)per man per day..But Remember still a 14" min.length...

Good Luck....

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Snuck out just before dark into the ge inlet. Boated 1-251/2" bass. had to be home by 6:30 so it was a short trip but worth it.Had one other run off. Heading back out after the boss LOL gets home at 10ish. It's looking good out there.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I would like to say thanks to Fred at no bones. We were fishing clam bellies today and had 1 28 in rock, 2 ling and 2 big eels. Should have had a few more just could not get our act together on setting the hook.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey guys...Good too see everyone..Man what a weekend :D This was my best ever ;) And you guys have been a great help too me on learning the salt the last few yrs. So i give you guys most of the credit..Sat. dusk incoming found fish on flats in 5' of water..Me my freind and another freinds son had a blast..Mostly slot size fish on Blk..Blk/Prpl..And Mullet pattern bombers..Some multiple hook ups too..Now Sunday :eek: ..My hands and fingers are all beat up from all the fish ;) We headed out around 5 am. and tried bucktaling a bridge..Nothing..Went back to the area we were getting fish the night before and couldn't find them..Now the mind starts working and i decided too try one of my fall honey holes..As i start to head there i see birds and more on the way...I couldn't beleive it and i suddenly realized that this is what makes all of this worth it A FULL BLOWN BASS BLITZ :eek: And i'm the only boat around...I threw a Wht Bucktl whith wt/wrm..And wham and my buddy threw a blue mullet pattern Bmbr and wham..One fish came completely out of the water and flipped as it smashed his bomber :eek: What a sight..And let me tell you guys these fish were fat and full of energy...I decided to hurry and put a surface plug on and that got smashed...We had fish to 25 lbs. and the smallest being around 10lbs..The crazy part is i don't even know what they were on as far as bait..We'll this lasted for at least 1 1/2 hrs. And before it ended my buddy got a hook imbedded in his thumb..I wanted to help him and started reeling in the bcktl pretty fast and wham i was hooked up with a nice 15 lbr. I couldn't beleive the striper ran it down like that..This was the greatest experience i ever had on the water and i will never forget this one ;) I only wish my Son was with me..I couldn't stop thinking about it today at work I think i'm ready for the fall now :D ...Good to see everyone and will look forward to reporting my fall action as I feel that the bigger fish have entered some of our back bays now...Have fun...Pazman

·
Registered
826 Posts
Had a great day on a pier north of Ocean City. Fished from 8 AM until about 5 PM. Nothing but shorts caught in the morning during most of the outgoing tide. About one hour before dead low the bigger stripers started biting. I got this 33.5 inch tweener about one hour into the incoming on clam. Thank god I had a bonus card so I didn't go home empty handed. Thats all they wanted by the way. I tried live spot, live eels, chunked bunker, nothing would work but clams. Even old salted clams were working. They were still biting when I left!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Way To Go Mark, Nice Catch,, What No
"Bunker In A Can" ?? :D ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Fished hard on Sunday behind and out front of SI.Final talley for the day - rookie 1 27", net man 0.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Put in some time out front in CMC and found dead water, but it looked great. Tried a bridge because the bright full moon doesn't seem to shut down fish feeding in artificially lit areas. Found a lot of short bass grabbing p-nuts high in the water column...I caught two short bass in 45 minutes about an hour into the outgoing...one on white bucktail with a 6" white twister tail and and the other on a pink zoom. I didn't see any other fish pulled. Saw a black Ford F150 in the lot with a Barn sticker...anyone?

Nightstrikes, what is the bridge net you use again? Not having much time, I released the fish from the bridge and, while trying not to, flopped both back into the water...Goog move of the night, I actually had a hard time falling asleep because of it. I'm walking them down from now on...until I get my bridge net.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Casting disaster:

Nightstrikes, what is the bridge net you use again? Not having much time, I released the fish from the bridge and, while trying not to, flopped both back into the water...Goog move of the night, I actually had a hard time falling asleep because of it. I'm walking them down from now on...until I get my bridge net.
I use the PopNet,here is the link -
PopNet
Not sure who has them available,I picked mine up at French Creek Outfitters up in PA a few years ago..

I never hit the bridges without it anymore..

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Originally posted by billc:
Should have had a few more just could not get our act together on setting the hook.
Bill:

When using clams, I have always had success when using circle hooks with the reel locked up and the rod just left in the rod holder. The fish will hook themselves REAL good. Just wait till your rod is bent over real good.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Steve
No Problem Rich, Hey by the way I didn't get a chance to talk to you on Sat. How did you make out ?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Nightstrikes, so after you haul up a fish with the net how do you release it? Do you just put it back in the net & lower it back down?

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by mch:
Nightstrikes, so after you haul up a fish with the net how do you release it? Do you just put it back in the net & lower it back down?
Yeah,thats the fun part or lack there of.Its not that easy.Like you said I lower it back down and try to get the net as deep as possible so the fish will swim out of it while jerking the rope.
There is a trick to it,I just have not mastered it yet but I get the job done.

Any Other Bridge Fishermen have any Tips For Release ?

[ 11-15-2005, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
477 Posts
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Casting disaster:
Thanks Steve
No Problem Rich, Hey by the way I didn't get a chance to talk to you on Sat. How did you make out ? </font>[/QUOTE]Skunked...but had fun, and you? I tried giving you a call looking for any reason for hope, but couldn't reach you. I had to split at 7:30 so I missed seeing a lot of people...there's always next year.

See you on the sods ;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
~You can get the PopNets at Fin-atics in OC. The only way I can think of realeasing them is like NIGHTSTRIKES said. :confused: ~

:cool:

[ 11-15-2005, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Fin-S Fisherman ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Casting disaster:
Thanks Steve
No Problem Rich, Hey by the way I didn't get a chance to talk to you on Sat. How did you make out ? </font>[/QUOTE]Skunked...but had fun, and you? I tried giving you a call looking for any reason for hope, but couldn't reach you. I had to split at 7:30 so I missed seeing a lot of people...there's always next year.

See you on the sods ;)
</font>[/QUOTE]Same here, I threw some metal early,and plugged when the sun started going down,then after dark picked up trash on bait..

Yep, see you on the sods.. I have been hearing good things lately...

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Fin-S Fisherman:
~You can get the PopNets at Fin-atics in OC.
Good Deal, Thanks Fin-S-Fisherman...

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Bob, Thanks will try that the next time. I did have a circle hook on one rod and would let them run with it, but they would drop it as I put the reel in gear. We still had a great day thanks to Fred. It was the first keep rock I caught in NJ that was not on a charter.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts