BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish,Tog & Seabass.
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

Banks & Bridges,
Yeah Did That Over The Last Few Days And I Found Plenty Of Action.
I checked out some sodbanks that I havn't been to since the Spring and quickly hooked up into a 29" & 27" Bass on a Suspending Storm lure during the top of the out-going tide with the Big Old Full Moon Above and a stiff NW Cold Wind in my face.
Then hit the Bridges with BGSDAD for just some crazy action for about a hour hooking up & bridge netting double digit Bass from 24"-27" again during the out-going tide but now with Pink Zooms and LeadHeads as Bait..I went back again but with a SW Wind blowiing this time and the action was alot calmer and I had a wind against tide situation which kept the current to slow but still managaed (4)more Bass from 22"-27" before calling it quits...

Until I hear of some better Surf Reports (And I Did Yesterday)its looking like more Banks & Bridges For Me...

Everyone Have A Great Fishing Week and
A Happy Turkey/ThanksGiving Day...

-----------------------------------------------
Special Weather Statement from the National Weather Service:

NEW CASTLE-CECIL-HUNTERDON-SOMERSET-MIDDLESEX-WESTERN MONMOUTH- EASTERN MONMOUTH-MERCER-SALEM-GLOUCESTER-CAMDEN- NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON-OCEAN-COASTAL OCEAN-CHESTER-MONTGOMERY- BUCKS-DELAWARE-PHILADELPHIA- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WILMINGTON...ELKTON...FLEMINGTON... SOMERVILLE...NEW BRUNSWICK...FREEHOLD...SANDY HOOK...TRENTON... PENNSVILLE...GLASSBORO...CAMDEN...CHERRY HILL...MOORESTOWN... MOUNT HOLLY...JACKSON...LONG BEACH ISLAND...WEST CHESTER... NORRISTOWN...DOYLESTOWN...MEDIA 1001 AM EST MON NOV 21 2005
...A STRONG STORM SYSTEM IS EXPECTED FROM THIS AFTERNOON INTO TUESDAY...

LOW PRESSURE DEVELOPING OVER THE SOUTHEAST UNITED STATES WILL RACE NORTH TODAY AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFY ALONG THE MID ATLANTIC COAST. THE SYSTEM WILL SPREAD RAIN INTO THE REGION BY THIS AFTERNOON. SOME OF THE RAIN MAY BRIEFLY BE HEAVY ESPECIALLY AFTER SUNDOWN INTO THE EARLY MORNING HOURS ON TUESDAY. AS THE STORM MOVES WELL TO THE NORTHEAST, COLD AIR WILL SWEEP INTO THE AREA TURNING SOME OF THE RAIN OVER TO A MIXTURE OF RAIN AND SNOW TUESDAY AFTERNOON FROM CENTRAL NEW JERSEY DOWN TO THE DELAWARE VALLEY. LITTLE IF ANY ACCUMULATION OF SNOW IS EXPECTED.

THE WINDS AHEAD OF AND ESPECIALLY BEHIND THE LOW WILL GUST TO 35 AND 40 MPH AT TIMES MAKING THE TEMPERATURES SEEM IN THE 30S.

THE ASTRONOMICAL TIDE CYCLE IS LOW SO NO TIDAL FLOODING IS EXPECTED. HOWEVER, RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES COULD PRODUCE SOME PONDING ON THE ROADWAYS THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

[ 11-21-2005, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Looks like IBSP for me Friday AM Steve.
Wed. night isn't looking good my son wants to go pheasant hunting with me, his uncle & cousin Thursday morning.
I'll call you.

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
Originally posted by Bgsdad:
Wed. night isn't looking good my son wants to go pheasant hunting with me, his uncle & cousin Thursday morning.
I'll call you.
Tues. night might be a go for me and TS

I might hit the park also on Friday

See you guys around...

Chris

[ 11-21-2005, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: CSStriper ]

·
Registered
540 Posts
Steve,
Tuesday night might be a go for me. South winds on Wednesday night look like S--t. Other than that Friday night might be the next window. Winds are all over the place over the next few days. I guess you gotta go when you can hit the slot. I'll probably go north. I'll give you a call, Keith the bagman

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Had some business to take care of monday morning in Marmora so I came down and got a little fishing in Sunday night. Fished in OC on a couple bridges, surf and sodbanks and got the skunk. :( On one of the bridges I heard and saw some nice fish feeding out in the channel but they were out of range and never came in. Gonna get out a couple times this week and hopefully will find some better action.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey guys...Happy Turkey day to all ;) ...Me and a couple buddys got out Sun. afternoon...We got a late start as i had the tide times wrong..Hate when that happens :( ...Did some back bay plugging and on my first cast with a wht.bcktl/wht worm got a taker and lost him close to boat...My buddies threw bobmbers and both got hooked up instantly with a few shorts...I redrifted and we got a few more shorts and than it slowed down..A little later my buddy hooks up with a nice 35" bass on a bucktail...We had a little more action right at the bottom of the tide with some slots and than it was time to go...All in all a beautifull day to be on the water..See ya soon....Pazman

·
Registered
540 Posts
Went out last night with my son and Spanish FLy in Ocean County and we all caught a skunk. Cold winds, cold temps, no bait, no fish. What a way to start Thanksgiving Weekend. Was nice to spend time with my son as I don't get to see him much with his job schedule. The three of us didn't even get a tap. Just sucked and I was back in bed by 3:30. Will try again some time next week. Weather for the weekend looks frigid. I hope this is not a signal for the end of the season. I know that the water temps will be going down with this front and the next few days. Let's hope that we get some of December to fish. Keith the bagman

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keith, Give Me A Call When You Get A Chance...

Special Weather Statement from the National Weather Service:

NEW CASTLE-KENT-INLAND SUSSEX-DELAWARE BEACHES-CECIL-QUEEN ANNE'S- TALBOT-CAROLINE-SUSSEX-WARREN-MORRIS-HUNTERDON-SOMERSET-MIDDLESEX- WESTERN MONMOUTH-EASTERN MONMOUTH-MERCER-SALEM-GLOUCESTER-CAMDEN- NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON-OCEAN-CUMBERLAND-ATLANTIC-CAPE MAY- ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY-COASTAL ATLANTIC-COASTAL OCEAN- SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON-CARBON-MONROE-BERKS-LEHIGH-NORTHAMPTON- CHESTER-MONTGOMERY-BUCKS-DELAWARE-PHILADELPHIA- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WILMINGTON...DOVER...GEORGETOWN... REHOBOTH BEACH...ELKTON...CHESTERTOWN...CENTREVILLE...EASTON... DENTON...NEWTON...WASHINGTON...MORRISTOWN...FLEMINGTON... SOMERVILLE...NEW BRUNSWICK...FREEHOLD...SANDY HOOK...TRENTON... PENNSVILLE...GLASSBORO...CAMDEN...CHERRY HILL...MOORESTOWN... MOUNT HOLLY...JACKSON...MILLVILLE...HAMMONTON... CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE...OCEAN CITY...ATLANTIC CITY... LONG BEACH ISLAND...WHARTON STATE FOREST...JIM THORPE... STROUDSBURG...READING...ALLENTOWN...BETHLEHEM...WEST CHESTER... NORRISTOWN...DOYLESTOWN...MEDIA 604 AM EST WED NOV 23 2005
...A PERIOD OF RAIN...SNOW...AND GUSTY WINDS EXPECTED TONIGHT INTO THURSDAY NIGHT...

LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE ACROSS THE GREAT LAKES TODAY AND ACROSS NEW YORK STATE ON THURSDAY. AS IT TRACKS TO THE EAST, ASSOCIATED PRECIPITATION WILL SPREAD INTO OUR REGION TONIGHT AND PERSIST INTO THURSDAY.

AS THE PRECIPITATION STARTS TONIGHT, A MIX OF RAIN AND SNOW IS EXPECTED ACROSS THE DELMARVA AND SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY. NO ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED ACROSS THIS AREA AS RISING TEMPERATURES WILL CHANGE ANY SNOW TO ALL RAIN. FURTHER NORTH ACROSS CENTRAL NEW JERSEY, THE DELAWARE VALLEY, AND INTO THE RARITAN BASIN, PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO START AS ALL SNOW, BUT MIX WITH RAIN DURING THE OVERNIGHT. AS TEMPERATURES WARM, ALL RAIN IS EXPECTED ACROSS THIS AREA BY THURSDAY MORNING. LITTLE ACCUMULATION IF ANY IS EXPECTED. CONTINUING NORTH AND WEST INTO BERKS COUNTY AND INTO THE LEHIGH VALLEY, A LONGER PERIOD OF SNOW IS ANTICIPATED. ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE. THE SNOW COULD MIX WITH RAIN DURING THE THURSDAY MORNING HOURS. IN THE POCONOS AND NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY, MOST IF NOT ALL THE EXPECTED PRECIPITATION WILL FALL IN THE FORM OF SNOW. ONE TO THREE INCHES OF SNOW IS ANTICIPATED ACROSS THIS REGION.

THE BULK OF THE PRECIPITATION WILL BE OUT OF THE ENTIRE AREA BY THURSDAY AFTERNOON, ALTHOUGH SOME REMNANT RAIN OR SNOW SHOWERS COULD OCCUR INTO THURSDAY NIGHT.

AS THE LOW PRESSURE AREA MOVES INTO NEW YORK STATE ON THURSDAY, IT WILL PUSH A COLD FRONT THROUGH THE MID-ATLANTIC REGION. BEHIND THE COLD FRONT, TEMPERATURES WILL PLUNGE. BY FRIDAY MORNING, TEMPERATURES WILL BE IN THE TEENS TO MID 20S ACROSS THE ENTIRE AREA. WINDS WILL ALSO BE ON THE INCREASE. WEST WINDS BEHIND THE COLD FRONT COULD INCREASE TO 40 MPH ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND PERSIST INTO THURSDAY EVENING. WINDS CHILLS WILL BE IN THE SINGLE DIGITS AND TEENS BY LATE THURSDAY NIGHT.

THE LIGHT SNOWFALL, THE STRONG WINDS, OR THE COMBINATION OF THEM, COULD MAKE TRAVELING A BIT MORE DIFFICULT TONIGHT THROUGH EARLY FRIDAY MORNING. ADDITIONALLY, ANY WET ROAD SURFACES OR PUDDLES WILL QUICKLY FREEZE ON THURSDAY NIGHT...CREATING DANGEROUS PATCHY BLACK ICE.

[ 11-23-2005, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
540 Posts
Originally posted by CSStriper:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bgsdad:
I'll call you.
Tues. night might be a go for me and TS

I might hit the park also on Friday

See you guys around...

Chris
</font>[/QUOTE]I'm in Rook, if you have room!!

·
Registered
930 Posts
I wouldn't have much fear about the season ending already. Personally, I don't think it's even started. Water temps coming into this storm were still a little high, so if anything this drop in temp should bring it to a more ideal level. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of positive reports for this weekend. Hopefully I'll have some to give as I'll be fishing Fri/Sat/Sun (thank God for an understanding wife!)...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Got out tonight around 5PM to 7 PM, end of outgoing. Fished CMC area. Walked the sodbanks and plugged. Wind was not bad at all?

Not even a hit. Lot of small baitfish in the water. Water was a little cloudy.

Man... something must have changed at CISP. There used to be a nice flowing current through there. Used to be you could watch your plug drift in with the incoming, and then predictably, after the change in tide, drift out with the outgoing. I'd say most of the times I've been there in the last year the inlet looks like a pond !!

Let's see what the weekend holds...

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Just got back from another outstanding trip on LBI, we had a load of bass tonight on plugs and Redgil teasers, the size of the bass were smaller than the last few trips our biggest probably went 27 inches, all of my fish were caught on needlefish lures and redgil teasers, my fishing partner had a few on bombers as well, we had a 45 minute blitz to ourselves from 4:15pm till 5:00pm, there was a fish or hit on just about every cast in this time frame, from that point on we continued to pick bass all evening during the incoming tide, the wind was pretty much not a factor until around midnight when it turned dead south and picked up to about 20 miles an hour, at that point we called it a night, go get em guys! Jim

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jim,
Nice report,sounds like all the fish were out front because in the back it was pretty much dead during the same time frame, I only managed one fat slot.No signs of fish or bait for the entire outgoing tide..

[ 11-24-2005, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Steve,
We spent all of our time in the surf, my brother was at the bridges the night before and he didn't have a hit in four hours of fishing with his son, south jersey should get real good in a week or so, in my experience when the back bays up north empty out, south jersey really turns on about a week later, i hope so anyway, it is allot easier fishing down south, FishingNJ4ever all fish were released, some traditions have to remain intact! HAVE A NICE THANKSGIVING EVERONE! Jim Egolf

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ran up and down the beach today saw minimal bird action from GE to Corsons managed one 22" throwback, heard of a 36" caught but thats about it. Where are the fish?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ran out front this morning, did some trolling and plugging on the North Bar nothing doing, went inside for the incoming and managed a 31" tweener on clam. Avoided the skunk.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
tried lei. dirty water on the outgoing = no fish, well 1 short. trolled up the island = 14 fish. 22" to 37". stretch 25's, umbrella w/ shad bodies and clark spoons all worked. no bird play. heard there was activity off seaside.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Fished from 1:00-5:30pm on Saturday w/ a buddy in Mantoloking. We only landed 3 shorts between us, the biggest being 21", and we missed a few hits. My buddy also had a bigger bass on that was taking drag on him but it threw the hook. Everybody we could see caught at least one fish and had multiple hits.

Fished again this morning from 6:15-9:30am w/ the same guy and we both landed one short. It was the tail end of outgoing and into dead low, so we didn't really expect much. My short just missed the mark, coming in at 23", gave a surprisingly nice fight though. We both had a few other hits that we missed. Didn't really see anybody else catching except one guy a little north of us who pulled in 5 shorts ranging from 20-23" (he was working the best cut on the beach). They were around, you just had to be willing to walk out far to cast to get to them. There was a ton of boat action, but couldn't see if they were hooking up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts