BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------
Last Week Of November,, Did The Fall Run Fishing
Start Yet ? or is it Over ??

Big Old Barge Ran Thru My BackBay Spot the Other
Morning,, Surely Chasing Out Anything Holding
In There at High Tide...
Looked Like A Mississippi Gambling Boat All Lit Up...
I fished it anyway an after two hours of plugging
without a hit, I finally conected with (2)Small
Slot Stripers.. Sun Up, and I saw a few same
size fish pulled out of the CapeMay Co.Surf...
I then gave my Buddy LBI Surfrat a Call, and
He Had Some Nice Bass Already on the Beach and
Pods of PeanutBunker in front of him, No Brainer,
North on the Parkway again,,,Well Worth It,,,
I checked out Nicks Fish and was very encouraged
with the Conditions,, Light On-Shore Breeze,
Cloudy Conditions,birds and boats close to shore and
I quickly found the
bait trapped between two jettys at the bottom
of the tide...The Short Stripers and Bluefish
would come in every five minutes or so and feast..
This Went On For About a Good Hour and
Just Made My Morning.. Thanks Nick For Putting
Me On The Action....

The Blues Just Gagged Up Peanuts On
The Beach

This Blue Was All Over My Storm Bunker Jig

Everyone Have A Happy ThanksGiving,
I should be out again on TurkeyDay Looking
For Some Action,, Gobble/Gobble.........

Later,

[ 11-22-2004, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Ran down to South Jersey, on the news of a blitz from a friend, but by the time I got there it was all over -that is how it goes sometimes. Hit some inlets on my way north just after dark and found that Sunday night, at least where I fished, was slow. Did find some herring and a few smallie stripers in them and one I could keep - also kept a few herring and grilled them - yum yum!!! I'm wishin for Sept. back - which was off the charts - since October is has been mostly miss for me - well, we still have a week left in Nov. and hopes for Dec.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Out jigging along the beach today.Went as far down as Surf city/Ship Bottom.Caught about 20 bass 2 guys,biggest being a 24"'er.Alot of real small fish.Some as small as 14-16 inces.There was some bluefish around from 1-2 pounders to alligators.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Fished the suds with clams, shads & metal hard today. Me and a friend put in about 9 hrs. Started before 1st light in Seaside Park. From there we hit Lavalette. Then Harvey Cedars, Barnegat Light & Loveladies. Skunk all around! We did see birds working about 300 - 400 yards off the beach in Loveladies. That was the most excitement all day.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Tried out front & behind the OC area 5:30-10:30pm.Got one bass so small I caught myself talking to it like it was my kids guinea pig.
Sounds like I should switch to daylight from the posts. Only surf fish I've caught have been in the light- recently.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I guess they call it "fishing" for a reason, and I'm doing a lot of it, but not catching ;)

Tried again last night, tonight... Plugs & soft plastics... OC area... good waves, good current tonight... seemingly perfect conditions.. water fairly clear.. nothin'..

Friend of mine drifted eels and pulled in a 40"er near Longport a few days ago, off a boat.. I'm getting boat envy...

Ah well.. It was tomorrow this time last year that I caught my first keeper ever... let's see what's left in the season!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Fished Seabright down to Spring Lake.. no bait, no birds, no fish.. and as far as i could see, no one else hooking up.. saw many many many boats around noon at Seabright about a mile out nailing fish! The bait never made it in past them! oh well..

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Went to CMCH to pick up new sink for new store so I just had to bring surf gear too.
Found gannets bangin just outside surf in SH. Guys in trucks were concentrated in one area and they were pickin blues and occasional striper. Neat to see trucks instead of boats chasing birds. Waiting to see some guy go nuts and run his truck through the birds.

ME? my first cast consisted of me launching my brand new,just taken outta the bag Hopkins about 100 yrds from beach...snap...guess I was just a little excited. Sacraficed some storms after that to bluefish.

Lots of weed hampered attempts but cool just to watch those gannets cruise and crash into water.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Walked some sob banks with Earlybird and Rockdoc last night for the outgoing. Halfway through the outgoing we found a bunch of spearing hugging the bank and heard an occasional small bass bust. We all managed a few shorts.

This time last year I couldn't even find a short, this year has been a different story...others experiencing the same?

Rich

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
This year I've seen more small bass than ever before. Certain places always held small fish but it seems like they have inundated all of our waters this year. Still getting good fish but you really have to pick throught the 17-23 inchers. I guess its a great sign for our future fishing.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Got out for the first time in a while on the first night of my Thanksgiving break. My first stop was TI just before dark and there were fish on bait within casting range but it was crowded from the shore and boats working the breaking fish. Stuck around to see a couple blues caught and then headed over to one of my spots behind Avalon for the outgoing. Caught fish consistently throughout the tide. About 10 total, mostly smaller fish but a couple of slots mixed in and one for Thankgiving dinner.

Im back home for Turkey Day but Ill have more reports by the end of the weekend. Good luck out there and Happy Turkey Day. Actually saw a ton of wild turkeys on the ride down the shore and back, made my stomach grown.

RyanF

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Forget to mention, got most of them on dark bass assasins and a couple of storms. Tried pluggin a little bit cause I knew they were there but came up empty.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by Far26:
This year I've seen more small bass than ever before. Certain places always held small fish but it seems like they have inundated all of our waters this year. Still getting good fish but you really have to pick throught the 17-23 inchers. I guess its a great sign for our future fishing.
i've had the same all year. tons of small fish, and pretty aggressive. just the opposite on the boat in the DB... Cows...

i don't know if its a good sign or not or just a different striped bass pattern. i guess time will tell. maybe all the small more agressive stripes have kept the bigger ones off shore... i have started to see some larger fish so maybe its just late...

this year has also been a banner year for slammer blues which are still all over the place. they might tear up some tackle, but they sure are fun :D

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Went out yesterday 11/23 in search of tog.Went to GSS first.Was surprised to see a boat on each of the 4 good pieces of bottom there.After looking around,I decided to keep going an hit the GSN.Most of the better spots were covered there as well.It was a Tuesday in late Novemeber,don't you people have to be at work or something????
Finally got on a piece of bottom and caught a few to,and some sea bass.It was a long day and alot of work for just a few fish.I wish I had some #'s of wrecks that weren't published in books.Hopefully one day I'll have a few private wrecks down here I can fish.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Fished the backbays off land as usual, OC area... Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday before Turkey Day... Plugs, soft plastics... NOTHING :/

Wednesday was windy, but could still manage getting a plug out there. Nice active water, good current, fairly clear... Bright moon out.

Well, we're in the 7th inning stretch here... I guess if Boston can pull off a miracle, there's still hope

Highlights of MY Fall Run so far:
-- falling off the sodbank
-- wind knots
-- actually fishing with stinky clam once and catching 1 croaker and 1 kingfish (and eating them)
-- no keeper bass in 15 outings in about 40 days
-- seeing more meteorites fall at night than I am catching bass
-- a red fox wouldn't let me get out of my truck one night
-- almost having a heart attack as I was walking back to the truck with the headlamp on and seeing 2 pairs of glowing balls running towards me--no, not naked space men--but a pair of red foxes sprinting down the beach

I wonder... my cousin tells me they're still doing OK up around Long Island with the bass & blues... could that mean the big body of migratory bass hasn't arrived here yet? It just seems to me like the action has been too sporadic.

It's not over yet!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.