BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish,Tog & Seabass.
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

BackBay Water Temps Already In The 40's :eek:
It can't be over yet ? Right ? It's Still Nov.
I don't know the backbay waters that I have been fishing and which was full of life just a week or so ago was just dead and dirty looking like Winter the other night...

Will See What This Week Brings Us..

Everyone Have A Great Fishing Week... Good Luck.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Fished out front of OC yesterday from 3:30pm-6:30pm. Got one 16 incher on a Storm Lure (Bunker Pattern). Not even another bite. Fished mostly Bombers and the Storms. Saw a guy catch a slot on clam right at sun set.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Fished sunday near CISP. caught a few herring on some spoons, but other than that, a skunk. Used eels mostly, not a hit. Nobody doing any good on clams either. :(

water was ccooooold

[ 11-28-2005, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: schuylkill fisherman ]

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Fished the Shrewsbury Rocks today, in my new Scout 210 Sportfish, boat ran great, Honda 150.
Tried following birds since the electronic's will have to wait till next season. We caught 3 slots and released at least a dozen other stripers between the 3 of us. All on Diamond Jigs, bouncing on the bottum. Even caught a skate on the jig. Tried clams at first but nothing was biting. Also ran into some big Blue Fish, buried our poles in the water and under the boat, at least 12 to 15lbs. At one point we had a triple, pretty exciting.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Fished several CMC sod banks yesterday afternoon Throughout the incomming into the darkness. HARD! Had deep water banks, moving water, herring on spearing on almost every bank. Six hours of two anglers working these prime sod bank waters. Not a sigle touch...WTF? We didn't have a thermometer but we were wondering...? Today I had a report from a bro who headed out in a boat yesterday that they had temps of 38 and 39 degs. in a couple places in the back on the way out. Oh Brother... What a year!... :rolleyes: The suds have been no better for me lately. I refuse to soak clam!I'd rather eat hot dogs...

For those who look for that North East blow in the fall to turn things on... personally I think it's the opposite. That hurricane blow with the moon in the early fall did nothing but foul the water and take the local bait population out with it when the water finally went out. Worst year in rescent memory in my area for beach and back water fishing.

[ 11-28-2005, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Keeper Seeker ]

·
Registered
549 Posts
Soaking clams isn't working either, having the same problem this year also. Real wierd this year I am glad I started when the mullet were thick, at least I caught some fish.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hey guys, i hate to beat a dead horse, but there are loads of fish waay north of us still, the reports from block island have the fish just leaving the area, keep fishing hard out front and in the inlets until the water temp gets under 40, and even lower than that if you are using bait, i can remember years when the fishing didn't really get good until December, the surf temps around IBSP are still in the low 50's which is perfect for bass, give these fish a chance to move south and hope that some of them hug the shoreline, just because you are not seeing bait, doesn't mean that it is not there, i have caught many fish late in the year loaded with grass shrimp, mantis shrimp, calico crabs, sand fleas, sand eels and even small winter flounder, there is plenty of bait for these fish to feed on so some of them will hug the coast!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
iggy2, you said it. we are just starting to get a consistant bite off lbi. excluding the lei fishing which i tend to think are resident fish. that slows down and the bite picks up along the front with pods of migranting fish. there are bigger fish off ibsp. i got into some bigger ones trolling off lbi this past sat. keep the faith and pray these fish haven't heard about the eez.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
True Iggy, I'm not giving up, merely discouraged. Going out tonight to give the back another try then it's out to the suds for me. I'm waiting on those sand eels. The temps are all over the place right now. What a year!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Hate to be pesimistic, but...
Even though there are still fish to the North of us....The majority of the fish have migrated by us offshore. I's got proof. :D
Will there be fish in the back to be had? Absolutly!
Will there be flurries of activity scattered along the coast throughout December? Absolutly!
Will the boats 1-5 miles off jig SLOT fish under the occasional birdplay? Absoluty!

Would I call any of the above a fall "RUN"? NOPE!

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Originally posted by KeysKid:
Hate to be pesimistic, but...
Even though there are still fish to the North of us....The majority of the fish have migrated by us offshore. I's got proof. :D
Will there be fish in the back to be had? Absolutly!
Will there be flurries of activity scattered along the coast throughout December? Absolutly!
Will the boats 1-5 miles off jig SLOT fish under the occasional birdplay? Absoluty!

Would I call any of the above a fall "RUN"? NOPE!
Uh-oh. giving away secrets more sacred then SPOTS :D

Words of wisdom though, I think you are right on. Goes to prove bass can handle temps as low as 35-40, but they prefer and choose temps around 55-65

How come those schools of cows are never as easy to find down this way ???

·
Registered
930 Posts
Head out this morning to Mantoloking with some fresh clam. Fished from 4:15-8:15 and managed one slot (25.5") and missed two hits. That's actually my first keeper this fall. Until today all I've had was shorts and skunks, even with logging about 100 hours over the past 6 weeks. Conditions weren't necessarily ideal. The wind was howling out of the SSE and the current was a bear to deal with. The first 2 hours I was there 8oz wasn't even holding (unfortunately that was the biggest weight in my bag). The current finally settled enough for my line to sit still, but the wind made casting with that much weight interesting to say the least. There was a ton of bird action about 200yds off the beach from 6:30 until I left. Whatever they were hitting, they were hitting it hard! The only other fish I saw caught was a short a little north of me. Hell, it was so small I wouldn't even be surprised if it was a hickory shad, but it was hard to tell from where I was. The guy was none too gentle when he released it so I'm hoping it wasn't a striper.

Made some stiper cakes for lunch, and plan on preparing the rest of the fish for dinner tonight

I checked the contents of his stomach. He had one sand eel and 8-10 spearing, some were fairly fresh.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cam,
Nice report thanks,, congrats on the first keeper maybe now that the ice is broken ,there will be plenty more striper cakes for lunch in the near future. ;)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
Cam,
Nice report thanks,, congrats on the first keeper maybe now that the ice is broken ,there will be plenty more striper cakes for lunch in the near future. ;)
I sure as heck hope so! It gets frustrating alienating my wife and living on almost no sleep to catch nothing or to catch an 18" striper that you can't even feel on your line as you reel it in :mad:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
Cam,
Don't listen to him cam! 2 years ago I knew NOTHING about stripers, I owned all of 2 plugs and I KILLED 'EM!! I'd go out and could not NOT catch a striper...

That was 2 years ago, that glorious season!
Since then.. I've done a lot of researching, added tons of lures to my bag, fished evening, morning, all winds, all tides... up to Dec. 31st even....

Now I can't even catch a cold!!!

:rolleyes:

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Snapper4
added tons of lures to my bag,
You want to sell any of them now ? ;) :D

Seriously sometimes we do over complicate things.
I know I do :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.