BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

Well I have not found any decent fishing over the
last few days,but I did find something interesting
on my travels today... I was taking advantage of
the Blow Out Tides This Afternoon with those strong West Winds Blowing. I wanted to check out
some beach structure on LBI and man did I find
something.. Check This Out >

The Remains of the Fishing Vessel John De Wolf II

Yep Sitting in the Barnegat Light Surf I was
able to walk right up to it.. Very Cool..

Here's Some Additional Information From A Thread I Started in the TackleBox Forum
Click Here

[ 12-02-2004, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
334 Posts
That is NEAT!
Must have been some low tide there...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
that's the boat that recently lost power in Barneget Inlet, and then later flipped over and sank when it was being towed back into the inlet. from the pictures, it really looks like it's lost quite a bit of the topside structure, and possibly the stern. i see a cool inshore dive spot this winter.

great pictures.

[ 12-02-2004, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: doyle007 ]

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Fished again last night. Only caught 2..1 slot and 1 around 30". But I had the mother load in front of me the whole time...just too much bait! I will be trying again tonite! With teaser in hand! ;)

[ 12-02-2004, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: striper2278 ]

·
Registered
908 Posts
Went out Tuesday night with Casting Disaster for
about an hour. We checked to see if the bass were
still hanging around the bridges, and they were.
We caught about a dozen up to 26". Most of them
were in the 22-24" range. We were using zooms,
bucktails, mirro-lures and bass assasins.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Fished the back this afternoon (thur). Water was very cloudy but there was very little cabbage. Still plenty of bait, silversides and minnows. Got one bass @ sunset 35" on fin-s.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Found plenty of fish tonight but they were super selective, watermelon was their favorite flavor, and they weren't even real crazy about that but it was the only color I had that worked even a little bit and most of my hits/fish were when the lure was being held still in the current.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Got out early this morning and hit some sods in OC area. Got one slot 26", lost a 30" at my feet, got a short 20", and had one good hook-up on my black bomber but spit the hook after a couple of good head-shakes. Yo NS those lures are the bomb. The fish seem to want to inhale them. The only problem is if you don't get a solid set in the roof of their mouths you can lose them like I did trying to lift it up to the sods. Ohter than that they seem to home right in on those babies. Lure of choice was the black bomber and the levitating storm eyes. Can't think of the right word right now, have that stupid syndrome from being up all night and then going to work. Go get em guys, the fish are still around and the water is still around 50. See you on the banks, Keith the bagman

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Some Urban fishing last night in the back of A.C. Picked 2 small slots on pinkies and missed 1 other. They were hanging on the end of a storm drain.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Tried the outgoing around OC. Caught 3or 4 small. Another guy near me got 5or6. Half caught on plugs half on jigs. Unique note for that area- pinkies & blurple bomber got no reaction. Water was still murky- lots of cabbage mats- looked like a lake.
One great meteor left a vapor train visible in the moonlight.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Went out last night, Fished GE inlet for 2 hours not a bite, went inland fished the sod not a bite, Went to a few bridges and found the mother load. There was 23-39" bass everywheres. They were rolling on the surface eating whatever. We finally found the trick, pink paddle tail fin-s style 5" 3/8 lead head. every cast for 1 hour hooked up. Some blues mixed in (a few cut offs)kept only 2 slots released aprox. 15-20 betweeners and bigger.EELBALL remember where we met that night GO THERE around 3ish a.m. it's worth the trip.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Nice Job Striperholic. I was going out last night but my throat still hurt after 2 weeks of being sick so I stayed in. Bummer! LOL. Glad you did good.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Stripaholic,
Loud and clear. Got your e-mail. I was off the beach yesterday HAMMERING big blues and bass. Got sore arms today. I may sneak out tonight. I'll give you a shout if I can. Got christmas light to put up and a tree to get, along with a short "honey-do" list, then it's back to fishing.
Thanx for the heads up.
eelball

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Sunday am

34 incher with the nephew

----------------------------------

Today I let the nephew drive

Gonna change my name to Dr. Farse :D

[ 12-08-2004, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
Did OK today but had to go further out off AC and troll with umbrella rigs. About 6 with 3 fitting the slot.

Sand Eeels in the belly.

Saw a guy back at the dock who had two nice fish he caught on eels at the north bar of GE.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
DB, That's quite a smile the lad has there!! :cool: :D

[ 12-05-2004, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Keeper Seeker ]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Did some sod bank work today in the back. Had trouble getting the jig to feel right with the wind and weak tide. Water was a little cleaner, but still murky. Picked up two bass on fin-s, one 32" and the other a fat 36". The colder water didn't take much fight out of the fish as the 36" bass felt like it was a foot longer.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Got out today around 1 for the high tide. For some reason i went to the sea-isle/avalon area.Make a long story short caught 1 big crab.What a frustrating day.Nice day though.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts