BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish,Tog & Seabass.
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

Well 20 days remaining in the backbay striper season and for what its worth you can still catch some nice fish.My buddy Ronny was out and about over the weekend and reported a few Bass on Plugs including a healthy Slot in 40 Degree Water Temps. So its still happening. I will be making a trip soon to the back to wrap up the 2005 season and maybe one more in the surf as well.
Good Luck Everyone - Happy Holidays...

·
Registered
37 Posts
12/11 report: 1 28" inch bass on eels at sum lump off of OC. Around Noon. Wind just switched to SW water temp 40, sky just started to cloud over.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sunday 12/11/05--Lots of Shorts

We fished off the Old Coast Station (IBSP), and caught several short bass on diamond jigs and teasers.

The fish seemed to be cruising up and down the beach just outside the breakers (15'-25'), and were very sluggish in the cold water.

40*: HBHYC
41*: BI
42*-44*: Ocean off IBSP

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Steve I'll call you.
My plans are about the same.
I do need some Striper for my Xmas Eve Chowder.
Some short lived warm air behind this storm.
Who Knows! :confused:

[ 12-12-2005, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Bgsdad ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You Got It Bruce,,

Guys thanks for those water temp readings its getting dangerously close to shutting down all together and with record cold air temps forcasted over the next couple of nights I just don't know how much we might have left..

·
Registered
477 Posts
Fished some sods around OC for the outgoing. Found water temps around 43 to 44 about 2 hours after the top of the tide. I didn't see or hear anything but did manage a 27" bass on old faithful (blurple bomber). Fish was semi-sluggish but had more spunk than I was expecting.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Made a run today to one of my favorite Ocean County Beaches. Nice day, little cold. Fish are still around. Had 11 on chicken scratch bomber and teaser (half slots and half shorts, only a few were rats). Fish hit real aggressive and were not sluggish. Need to work for them, all off the first wave. Saw loads of birds working offshore. I refuse to believe the season is over. Only saw about five guys all afternoon. I normally don't post results, but I saw the few reports and wanted to rub it in to those that hung up there gear for the year

Jeff

·
Registered
229 Posts
Tried some drains and holes in the back. Yesterday, got 1 around 34 with a very big belly! Tonight it was two around 25(inches) one a little smaller, that coughed it up at the last second. And two missed bits . . Was thinking about casting disasters old faithful statement. Tonight I was thinking how good it felt to be fishing a lure I was confident in. Fish were lively and all still swimming.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There You Go, Still Life - Way To Go Guys.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Went with the Capt Robbins yesterday. It was a tough day with the wind and waves , but had 3 tog to 3.5 lbs and 1 sea bass.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Pulled the boat this a.m. My season is over.Time for the Christmas stuff.May hit a sod bank or two if the weather gives me a shot.Hope all you guys have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.Peace.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just a quick report from a little farther north(monmoth co). Yestarday fish were so thick you could walk on them in the wash, today birds all day just out of reach. I did get two today but very small fish, ava jig.

The fish are definitly still coming down.

Be out tommarrow to I will let you know.
Don't give up yet!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by neverstopfishing:

The fish are definitly still coming down.

Be out tommarrow to I will let you know.
Don't give up yet!!!!!!!!!
NeverStopFishing,
Yeah Man, Good To Hear That, A Little NE Blow Expected Tomorrow- Might Just Push Them In Again.

Keep A Eye Out For My Black JEEP Wrangler. ;)

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Sad to say, but last night was my last trip of the year and it was not a good one fishing wise, we started down south around oceancity because i had gotten a few good reports of some nicer fish up to 37 inches taken there over the weekend! On about my 5th cast as the sun was setting i had what would turnout to be my only hit and fish of the night and it was only about 4 inches larger than the mag darter that it hit, we finished the incoming tide and the first hour and a half of the outgoing tide at this spot before heading up north to where i had been having great success over the last 2 months of the season, when we got out on the beach the water looked very fishy alot of white water and well defined structure of the sand bars that had given up alot of the fish to us in the past 2 months, but tonight it was just not meant to be, all of the conditions were against us, with the brite moon, outgoing tide cold water temp, and freezing cold air temp, i didn't officially get a water temp but it was the first time this year that my feet were actually cold, if i had to guess i would say it was in the high 30's, i talked to Nightstrikes as i was leaving LBI at around midnight and he was just about to head out to the same place that i had just left, he was going to fish the incoming tide there which has been the best tide at this particular spot over the last 6 weeks, so hopefully he will post a better report from the incoming tide! I just want to take this time to wish all of you guys and ladies a very happy and safe holiday season!! Jim Egolf

·
Registered
71 Posts
Fished monmoth co. this morning, it was alittle cold. Managed 3 shorts all on blurple bomber.

N wind really sturing things up.

Fished from 5 to 10.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
I love fishing but it was -2 on my thermometer this morning.
I see why you call yourself Neverstopfishing....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey, they don't make hats, gloves, face masks, sweaters, long johns, and neopream waders for work.

No sur they make that stuff for fisherman, so when the fish are still around in this weather, you can still fish.

Readyjettygo, good small mouth fishing by you,
skippack creek, evansberg state park...

·
Registered
394 Posts
there are fish around, but the fight in them is not so good... its nice to catch with no one around, but the thrill is in only making them them bite, no fear as far as landing.

RJG, i'm heading out tonight if you check this give me a ring.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I wrapped up the 2005 Surf Season over the last 24 hours and I am still thawing out as I type. I worked a productive spot for me in Southern Ocean Co.during the in-coming tide and took a skunk,I was told earlier to stay warm and dry in bed but didn't listen. Take a look at my waders and drytop after 2 hours in the surf.

Can't say enough about having the proper clothing on this time of the year with good neoprene because even though I was iced up I was warm.

Warmed up from that and caught some zzzz's and made my way up to SandyHook,I worked a nice stretch of water during the out-going tide with New York City on the horizon but again took the skunk.

And I just had to take a shot of this famous lighthouse.

I then worked my way south down Rte.35 and made stops at Sea Bright,Monmouth Beach and Deal but saw nothing to get me interested.Stopped at Fishermens Supply Co.,in Pt.Pleasant (for plugs what else ;) )and got the word that the best bite from there on down to IBSP was about a hour or two just before sunset.So I found this good looking spot just inside the park.

And true to the word found about (4)of these CookieCutter Bass to finish up the day.

Nice Day !!!!
As I was leaving the island I also noticed that the upper Barnegat Bay was completly iced over and you would need a USCG Ice Breaker to navigate it by boat or have ice skates with you. :eek:
And that was the reminder that its just about over- at least in my book.. One more backbay trip then into hibernation for the winter...

*Oh, And I Did Want To Mentioned Anyone Looking To Pick Up Their 2006 IBSP Beach Permits They Will Not Be Available Until The Week Between XMAS & New Years...

See Ya's

·
Registered
771 Posts
Nice Steve. Water looks just like it did on Monday when I was there. I assume you hit them right along the wash??

1 - 20 of 40 Posts