BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets,BackBays & Bridges....
By Boat or By Land- It's All Good....
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

It's not looking too encouraging this week again,
with below normal temperatures forcasted but some
signs of a warmup is expected next week...
Water temps are still holding in the mid-upper 30's
but does jump into the 40's late in the
day..Best Times This Week Would Be During The
Out-Going Tide and Late Afternoons after that
Sun Warms Things Up...

Happy St.Patrick's Day - To All The IRISH Out
There... :D

[ 03-14-2005, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
This is not really a fishing report but I went to the Fly Fishing Expo & I saw Jim Freda speak. He was very good but at the end someone asked him if he could give out exact spots & he said "Just e-mail me & I'll give them to you. I don't believe in keeping spots from people. Theres no such thing as secret spots, just hot spots. Why not tell people where they are?"
I'm paraphrasing but you get the point.

It looks like it'll be in the 50's next week. I may head down next Wednesday.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Got out after work today. Got 5 shorts and helped the guy next to me get a nice slot that was released after a quick photo. Quit after the sun went down and I could no longer feel my fingers.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Originally posted by ReadyJettyGo:
This is not really a fishing report but I went to the Fly Fishing Expo & I saw Jim Freda speak. He was very good but at the end someone asked him if he could give out exact spots & he said "Just e-mail me & I'll give them to you. I don't believe in keeping spots from people. Theres no such thing as secret spots, just hot spots. Why not tell people where they are?"
I'm paraphrasing but you get the point.

It looks like it'll be in the 50's next week. I may head down next Wednesday.
Ohhhh boy..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
317 Posts
i am willing to bet that he asks for hot spot locations more then he tells where they are.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A Frayed Knot, Bridge Kid, eelball, RyanF,
Fishful Thinkin, & BassCharger,,,,,

Thanks For Putting The Time In Out There
and Keeping Us Up To Date On Whats Happening,,

Very Much Appreciated....

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I think by Thursday there will be good reports from the back waters.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hey guys, was off today so i went down to south jersey to try for some winter flounder and stripers, 3 hours of winter flounder fishing with heavy chum, produced 1 short, so i switched over to stripers, and caught my first keeper of the year, a 25inch slot, which i released , and i also lost another, which felt around the same size, both fish were caught on jigs with a bass asassin.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
A Frayed Not; i didnt even realize that you had posted,thursday as the day for things to begin in the back, can you give me some lottry numbers? I was down on tuesday, to fish for bass, and it was so dead everywhere, so today i brought the flounder stuff, and i ended up catching bass, Go figure.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
As for my prediction. Even a blind squirrle finds a nut once in a while. :D Congrats of catching some stripas.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Hit it tonight from 8-1045. Nothing brought in but I did have a hit, which scared the p*ss out of me because I was frustrated and staring into space when BAM!...Needless to say it got away but oh well...just happy to finnally have a tiny bit of action after a couple freezing, eventless, pointless nights so far. Anyway...Ill be out again tommorrow....later

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Went out behind oc weds. night. Had one possible hit and that was all. Water temp was 40-41 deg. a couple more it will be time. Nice first trip my buddy blew a head gasket so we had to crawl in to the boat ramp, longest 45 minutes I ever spent on a cold boat.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice Guys, They Are Starting To Come Out of
Hibernation and Getting Hungry...
I think we are over the hump as far as reaching
the 40 degree mark and keeping above it,,
I am looking at late next week as far as hitting
some of my areas and looking for signs of life....

Thanks Again For The Reports.....

·
Registered
477 Posts
Fished some banks and bridges with no luck. I was measuring water temps from 40.2 to 42.3. Might have to try some shallow mud flats some time tomorrow.
I'm ready for warmer weather.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
FISHED this afternoon from 3:45 till about 7 in the stone harbor area jiggin it up ..Nada....Ill be out their tonight again though..see if anything happens...

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Fished last night OC area, hooked up on a nice fish but the fight was short and I came up with a empty hook. It was definately a fish and the beginning of my new year. The water temp was 41-42 at low tide.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Fished for a while this afternoon with Casting Disaster in the OC area...Used plastics--- Bass Assasins and Tsunami split-tails, but came up with zero...not even a strike...I did spot some large schools of spearing around some mudflats yesterday afternoon though--- the bass should be here!!!!----mike

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Fished from 5pm till 930 tonight....2 hits..Both times I thought it was seaweed till all the sudden theyd take off.....Still waitin to land my first of the season....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts