BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets,BackBays & Bridges....
By Boat or By Land- It's All Good....
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

First Week Of Spring And I Would Expect Some
More Action Being Reported Over The Next 7 Days.
Water Temps Are Into The 40's. I really like
the tides this week,,water sitting in the sun
most of the day then heading out in the darknest.. I will most likely be taking a look
around later in the week...
Good Luck To Everyone Heading Out And Giving
It A Try..

I want to be seeing this soon.... ;)

Have A Good One,, Happy Easter!!!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
I really like
the tides this week,,water sitting in the sun
most of the day then heading out in the darknest..
I agree.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by stripedfever:
Hey Strikes, What kind of fish is that ?? :D
Not Sure :D I Have'nt seen any fish since last
December... Soon.,........... ;)

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Fished a few spots on the way home after work tonight from the Brigantine Commerce Bank, found no takers. Used 5/8oz jig head and pink zoom.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Fished from 4 till 745 tonight...No hits..No anything...The bay smelled like fish though....Well, Ill be out of action for 28 days..Have to take care of some personal buisness..Good luck hopefully when I get back itll be on n poppin...peace out

[ 03-21-2005, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Bridge Kid ]

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Originally posted by Bridge Kid:
Fished from 4 till 745 tonight...No hits..No anything...The bay smelled like fish though....Well, Ill be out of action for 28 days..Have to take care of some personal buisness..notice the 28 days??...Good luck hopefully when I get back itll be on n poppin...peace out
If ya meet someone that looks like Sandra Bullock...bring her home with ya! :D

Good luck! ;)

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Hit my favorate warm water spot. Saved 20 bucks on worms and tossed some Storm Wildeyes. I got 2 shorts in 2 hours. The second one completely swallowed a 5 inch lure. Tomorrow I am going to give Graveling Point a try.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Hit some Bridges in Cape May County last night. I wish I had something to report other than the girl in Ocean City screaming "I want to go home!!!!! Take me home right now!!!! You MF'r's better take me home right now!!!!"

Well at least I got a good laugh!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Bgsdad:
I wish I had something to report other than the girl in Ocean City screaming "I want to go home!!!!! Take me home right now!!!! You MF'r's better take me home right now!!!!"

Well at least I got a good laugh!
She Made It Bruce,,,, :D
I was rolling out of town around 1AM and saw
the Flame Throwing SUV pulling out of WaWa..
Quite A Piece Of Work They Were..

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I made my first trip of the season last night and covered alot of ground looking for some fresh fish for todays Good Friday Dinner..
Tides were running high and dirty in most spots and still cold.I stuck to the inlets (Hereford,Townsends & Corson's)jigging a Bubblegum Zoom off the usual bridges,Nothing and
no signs of life anywhere. About three quarters thru the tide I was able to get out on some marches and check a few different area's in the back,but again nothing to be found..I then finished up the night checking a warm water discharge ;) and there was continued action with small Bass on Bloods and got a report of some 30"+ fish being caught earlier in the day there.

Still Looking For Some Warmer Water is the key as we really need some Nice Spring Days to get the season stared in ernist...

Ohh,I did finally find some fish for dinner,
stopped at WoodBurns in SP this afternoon and he had some of the Largest Flounder Filets I have ever seen.. I saw a rack of a fish about 10lbs. :eek:

Everyone Have A Great Easter Weekend....

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Made the trip down today with my son. We stopped at 6 different locations starting in Ocean City and ending up in Avalon. We did see some signs of life but not on the end of our lines. Maybe in another week or so. Still much better than work.

There were two notable sightings however. There was a good sized seal on a dock in the ICW in sea isle city. I was able to get within 15 feet of it while she watched me get closer - she finally had enough and slipped into the water. It was pretty cool.
Sighting number two was of the rocks by the ferry in Cape May. No idea what it was but it was a pretty good size and swimming against the current. My son chased it with his storm baited rod down the rocks for a minute or two but no luck.

Still looking for that first solid hit - won't be long now.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Not much to report for me guys. Inlet, surf and back bay both at night and day. I put about 16 hours in over the last 3 days. Nada, had one good run in the surf, that's it. Did not see ANY herring. I checked all the places that have them usually by now.

Saw those monster worms again in the back on an outgoing, they usually are about 2 weeks ahead of the herring give or take a few days.

The water is just way too cold, things seem about 2 weeks late, at least. 40-41 in the back, Sucks

Said it before, 44009 has got to be 44 for the start. I think that supports the East-West migration thing actually.

Saw some birds picking off some bait fish in the surf, other than that not a lot of bait fish in the back at all. Hit some lighted areas at night and the quantity of fish / shrimp seems low.

Water is just pretty dead right now, might not even fish tonight.

Take me home to Florida
:D

[ 03-26-2005, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Fished Friday night and Saturday in the back and around some inlets. Was throwing clam and plastics, saw a couple shrimp at a lighted area, but like Dr. Bass says really dead out there.

I did manage a skate which is my first fish of the year and broke the skunk. Saw some LARGE swirls out of reach in the middle of a large channel. Chasing herring on top?

RyanF

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
First fishing trip of the year on Friday morning from Lakes Bay to the Longport causeway. Mostly jigging and some plugging.

NADA.

Super hightide and cloudy 42 degree water.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I was thankful for that skate.

After reading the Fisherman this week I might give a shot at some blackbacks in SJ, but hate to have an article motivate me. I was thinking about it the past couple of years though.

RyanF

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hit some spots in the back bay for a few hours on Saturday night with nothing good to report. Hopefully next weekend will produce with the warmer temps forecasted this week...

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Skunked myself looking for herring - Stone Harbor area Sunday 3/25

1 - 20 of 20 Posts