BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------

I had a chance this weekend to work some
late night tides looking for some action with
artificials...Water Temps were running about
45 degrees and the Water Clarity was Clear,
even saw some "Fire in the Water"...
I fished some CapeMay Co. Sodbanks with
Bombers and Storms and within a hour I
found some signs of life..I heard a nice
Bust/Pop along the bank and 10 minutes later
I had my first Hit..Missed Him,but it felt
good.I then thought things would get interesting
but after a hour working the same area-Nothing...
I Then did a litle Bridge Running but everwhere
was pretty dead..No Signs of Bait under the
lights either...
My Buddy Ron got out for his first trip of the
year also but came up empty for his efforts...

As the Calender page turns this week and
daylight savings time begins, I
am sure things will turn on shortly...
But,as I type a Backdoor Cold Front is moving
down the coast and with presistent ENE Winds
forcasted for most of the week that will
damper the recent warmup in water temps that
we have been experiencing...
The Good Thing Is If The Bass Show Up They
Should Be Hungry on their way to the Sweetwater
to Spawn...

Eveyone Have A Great Week, Good Luck Out There...

[ 03-28-2004, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hey nights I bet if felt good to just get that wack on a plug. I have been out tonight in mystic island area ( I hope thats not too specific if it is feel free to edit) and got a nice fat skunk for my efforts. I did see several landed but not by me. Still nice to get out. the bass should break loose late this week or next week. But I will be out there anyway again tomorrow morning trying again.

Brian

·
Registered
32,486 Posts
Sunday 3/28: Cape May Rips in morning and back bay in afternoon. A couple of hits. Lost one fish after a short fight. Total for the day was one...

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Went to the river, limited out on herring. Nice size ones too. Did not see any fish caught except for cats. Plenty of bait for the spring.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sun. 28th...First time this yr. fished the river for a couple of hours and got the big O...Strange because i atleast figured i'd see some bait..Pretty quiet and with a few people around me not getting anything i knew it would be about another week before we can expect the show to begin...Tight lines ...Pazman

·
Registered
44 Posts
Fished a pier in Great Egg Harbor Bay today from 11A to 3P with my 8yr old son and a friend. Used bloods and fresh herring. My son had the high hook with 2 skates. I had one skate. No signs of bass, but there was a report of a winter flounder caught there earlier in the day. W*&^ was a bear and caused some serious wind chill, but it still felt good to be fishing.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by 445 supermag:
I have been out tonight in mystic island area ( I hope thats not too specific if it is feel free to edit) and got a nice fat skunk for my efforts. I did see several landed but not by me.

Brian
I spent the last 4 days fishing that same area. I got a short on each of the first 3 days with the out going tide. Today I went early and got a nice 27.5 inch keeper on the top of the incoming tide.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I fished 10th street in SIC 2 shorts and 1 26".
They hit soft and came in like a wet bath towel.
caught them on frozen UNSALTED clams.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I have nothing good, to report on except for the fact that I am starting to "SEE" some signs of life such as a pop or two along with some baitfish under lights....

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Tonight is the night! Finally getting down to see what's going on. I've had it with white perch and catfish! :rolleyes:
Its time to get all that new equipment I've stocked up on dirty. Expectations are low but I would like to see some kind of life back there. We will be hitting all the SPOTS for fish tonight, I'll check in tomorrow with our results (or lack thereof).
Weather for the rest of the week is ugly. :(

·
Registered
912 Posts
Originally posted by 445 supermag:Brian
I spent the last 4 days fishing that same area. I got a short on each of the first 3 days with the out going tide. Today I went early and got a nice 27.5 inch keeper on the top of the incoming tide. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I was just out again this morning at 7am after I sent my wife off to work :rolleyes: I left to go fishing. I was there with a couple other people and I had one hit and thats it. I am going to go out again this evening or tomorrow morning. Wind is freaking brutal. No one caught anything today while I was there so I will report later if I go out today or tomorrow.

Brian

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Great Report Strikes, I'll call you for this weekend. I'm gonna have to get out! I waited long enough!!!!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
ran some bridges in atlantic county caught one herring and heard some splashes under the bridge but no hook ups. did see a nice seal swimming around the rush chattin but that was it...

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Nothing for me once again...whats really good with that???Man im starting to appreciate nights that arent so windy..lol ;)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Felt good to get out, we only fished a few places and called it an early night. That NE wind just got stronger as each minute passed.
Incoming tide started when we arrived and I saw spearing and grass shrimp all over the marinas.
Next stop we found herring, got a few for flattie bait. Our last stop bass were popping just out of casting range for about 3 hours. Every once in a while they would be close but didn't seem interested in anything we threw. Looks like they were feeding heavily on grass shrimp and small crabs floating by. Would have been nice to get one but it feels good just knowing they are there and hungry. I believe everyone will be reporting great action by the weekend! :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
Fished some Cape May County sod banks last night for the bottom of the tide...skunked...again. Didn't see any signs of life, couldn't hear any because of the w#@d.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Last night, back bays CMC. Herring, were there, targeted bass and ended up with one short. Wow was it cold, my wife is right, I am a dope

[ 03-31-2004, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

1 - 20 of 48 Posts