BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets,BackBays & Bridges....
By Boat or By Land- It's All Good....
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

Second Week Of March,And Some Signs Of Life Are
Present,,Reports of some action are starting to
come in and Better Days Are Coming,,,I'm am
starting to get the itch,but I am still a week or
so away from what I am looking for finding-action
on artificials...Stay Tuned,,,,
Don't Forget Asbury Park Flea Market This Coming
Sunday,,, I should be finding my way there for
sure.... Thanks,,,

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...ATLANTIC NJ-CAMDEN NJ-CAPE MAY NJ-CAROLINE MD-CECIL MD-CUMBERLAND NJ- DELAWARE PA-GLOUCESTER NJ-INLAND SUSSEX DE-KENT MD-KENT DE- NEW CASTLE DE-NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON NJ-OCEAN NJ-PHILADELPHIA PA- QUEEN ANNE'S MD-SALEM NJ-SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON NJ-TALBOT MD- WESTERN MONMOUTH NJ- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... CAMDEN... DOVER... NEWARK... PHILADELPHIA... VINELAND AND WILMINGTON 246 PM EST MON MAR 7 2005
... WINTER IS COMING BACK...

OUR BRIEF RESPITE FROM WINTER WEATHER WILL END ABRUPTLY AS A VIGOROUS COLD FRONT CROSSES THE REGION FROM WEST TO EAST TUESDAY MORNING. RAIN AND RAIN SHOWERS AHEAD OF THIS FRONT WILL OVERSPREAD THE AREA DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS. A CHANGEOVER FROM RAIN TO SNOW WILL OCCUR QUICKLY AS COLD AIR RUSHES IN BEHIND THIS FRONT LATE TUESDAY MORNING. A RUMBLE OF THUNDER IS ALSO POSSIBLE. BY THE TIME PRECIPITATION COMES TO AN END LATE TUESDAY AFTERNOON, LESS THAN 2 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED ACROSS EXTREME SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA... SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY... AND THE DELMARVA.

WHEN THE SNOW FIRST STARTS TO FALL LATE TUESDAY MORNING, IT WILL BE SLOW TO ACCUMULATE COURTESY OF THE WARM GROUND FROM TODAY/S 60 DEGREE TEMPERATURES. FOR THE SAME REASON, SNOW WILL BE HARD PRESSED TO ACCUMULATE ON AREA ROADWAYS. HOWEVER, WITH TEMPERATURES FALLING INTO THE LOW 30S ON NORTHWEST WINDS BLOWING AT 30 TO 40 MPH, THE ENVIRONMENT AND INFRASTRUCTURE WILL COOL DOWN QUICKLY. BY EARLY AFTERNOON, A SLUSHY SNOW ACCUMULATION CAN BE EXPECTED. WITH THE COMBINATION OF STRONG WINDS AND COLD TEMPERATURES, WIND CHILL VALUES ARE EXPECTED TO DIP INTO THE TEENS TUESDAY AFTERNOON, THEN INTO THE SINGLE DIGITS TUESDAY NIGHT....

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Im finna get on it tonight!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
In like a lion, out like a gorilla.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Got out and got six more. 5 shorts and a slot. The slot was tagged form the Berkeley Striper Club. Anybody a part of that club. It is my first tagged fish caught. What to do.

·
Registered
910 Posts
You are wrong about that forcast it is now supposed to be in the middle 60's bright sun and light southerly winds.

At least that is what I am telling myself.

Brian

[ 03-07-2005, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: 445 supermag ]

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Rick, sorry i didnt give ya a call! just sat down for the first time today. Im SOOOOOOOOO jealous of you right now its not funny! dont you work?
just kidding. congrats on your recent success's! run a search on yahoo or AOL and im sure you'll find a contact or website for thier club. i've caught a few tagged fish and they usually want the tag back but i've kept the tag and mailed them the info as far as tag# length/weight of fish, date and location caught, etc.
congrats!

Nick

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by LBI SurfRat:
i've caught a few tagged fish and they usually want the tag back but i've kept the tag and mailed them the info as far as tag# length/weight of fish, date and location caught, etc.
congrats!

Nick
Thanks Nick I emailed the information to them a few minutes ago. I did not give them the location though.
:eek:

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
LOL... Dude, they need to know where the fish is to track it. I can fully understand your paranoia, ;) but I don't think they're gonna post it up here on ya!

Catch em up!!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Went out tonight from like 715 till 10 and didnt have the luck of other people on here.. caught nothing.. but I did see some positive signs of life

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Originally posted by Bridge Kid:
Went out tonight from like 715 till 10 and didnt have the luck of other people on here.. caught nothing.. but I did see some positive signs of life
Or those places that produce warm water'

I would love to see one dated photo from the above reports, just to cure my lack of trust

I will be the first to eat crow, I promise

The Chessie back has not even broke 40 yet

[ 03-08-2005, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
OMG

Looks like mother nature is gonna open another can of Whoop Azz on yo'all

God I don NOt miss March, or APril for that matter

[ 03-08-2005, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Fished Sunday and Monday night in SJ. Water temp was around 38 degrees at most spots but I didnt bend a rod either night. My favorite herring spot was full of shrimp and a few spearing but no herring.

It was good to get out again though

RyanF

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Bass:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bridge Kid:

I would love to see one dated photo from the above reports, just to cure my lack of trust

</font>[/QUOTE]Dr. Bass I was going to email you a picture but you did not list an email address in your profile. ;)

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Originally posted by A Frayed Knot:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dr. Bass:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bridge Kid:

</font>[/QUOTE]Dr. Bass I was going to email you a picture but you did not list an email address in your profile. ;)
</font>[/QUOTE]Why do that, just post it

Or send to Strikes and he will

It is dated???

·
Registered
92 Posts
Knot - congrats on your catch. Sounds like a good day on the water. Can you elaborate on what you were using?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts