BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets,BackBays & Bridges....
By Boat or By Land- It's All Good....
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------

This week is looking good,except for a couple of backdoor cold fronts that should keep things chilly along the coast.But the sunshine should continue to warm our waters up.. And with reports of now Bluefish and Weakfish it only gets better out there...
I got out over the weekend for a little bit,dealt with flood tides and snot grass but was able to find some rats on plugs...

Everyone Have A Great Week Fishing....
Later,,,

[ 04-11-2005, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Hit GP sunday from 2am to 11am. I was the first one there. Caught 1 short, first of the season so that's something. Saw 2 other fish caugut, another short & a slot keeper. Later in the afternoon I hit my river spot & got skunked but did see one short caught. The water was still dirty but looks to be improving. A couple days & the river should be on fire.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Got the boat ready Sat. and took it out last night
for the first run of the spring. Fished the last
30 minutes of the incoming at a local bridge. I
caught a healthy 32" bass on a pink zoom. Other
than that, it was pretty quiet. The water temp
ranged between 42-44 degrees at the bridge, but
was closer to 50 further inside.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Fished a well known inlet jetty on Sunday from 1-3pm. Had a nice 26" slot before I lost the tide and the water dirtied up. Caught on fresh-shucked, lightly salted, surf clam. First striper of the season for me.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys,
I just want to inform you about a thread going on over in the Offshore Forum titled MACK TRACK.
Apparently the other day the Mackeral Run has gotten within reach of the Cape May Fleet of boats about 20 miles South of CM.Most Anglers
boated about 50-70 Macks per man...

Two things that this means are,one-now is the time if you like to gather bait for the upcoming
year for those Chumming Trips or getting some Mackeral Chunks
for fishing the surf,not to mentioned alot of fun fishing for them and if you like to eat Smoked Mackeral, UMM!!!....Now is the time,don't wait too long because it can be over as fast as it starts...

But the #1 reason is this should be the start of of some outstanding fishing for a number of different species along the New Jersey Coast...
As the schools of Mackeral migrate North and past
our Inlets,right behind them will be Hungry Bluefish,Weakfish and Migrating Stripers ivading our waters to Forage and Spawn..
And this means to fishermen alot of different opportunities will present itself...

So,watch the track and plan your attack...

[ 04-12-2005, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
228 Posts
Fished Townsend's Inlet Sunday afternoon, end of outgoing tide. Water temperature was between 49-51 depending on where we were. Had one hit; marked some fish but did not stay too long as the wind/tide combination made for some rough water against the bar. We returned at slack tide, water was nicer but the fish weren't there. Tried Paddy's for a while, had some really nice drifts but no activity. Nice warm water though (52). A beautiful later afternoon on the bay though!

[ 04-12-2005, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: jjn3 ]

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Fished the Del last night after work & got 1 bas around 30". Still alot of debris in the water but it looks clean.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Went out behind O.C. last night with Casting
Disaster. We fished the last hour of the
incoming and had steady action from the time we
got out there. I hooked up on my first cast,
but lost that one. We ended up landing 7 bass
in about 30 minutes: 18",2-22", 2 slots, 28", and
a 29". All were caught on a 1/2oz pink zoom.
The water temp was about 47 degrees, but fell to
around 45 before we left...

[ 04-13-2005, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: earlybird ]

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Fished oceancity area last night, fished the last 3 hours of the incoming, without a touch and no signs of life, soon as the tide started out, it was like someone flipped a switch, we landed 7 bass in 45minutes, and then the bite stopped, 3 slotfish, 3 shorts and 1 tweener, my buddy kept the 1 slot around 27.75 inches, he called me just a few minutes ago, and told me there were 2, 8inch herring in its stomach, and 10 either baby herring or peanut bunker, around 3 inches long, he really couldnt tell, because they were pretty decayed, all my fish were caught on a white mirror lure, and all his were caught on a 7inch white finesse!

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Fished with candymann and another buddy last night. Dunkin clam and herring. We got 9 bass between us in a couple hours. 2 shorts, 2 slots, and 5 tweeners up to 32". Missed a few fish as well. All off the bank in....

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
BOYS BOYS BOYS....ya can beleive this...something BIG hit me last night. ZING ZING ....doink. End of 30lb. Power Pro frayed. Live line swivel maybe backed up on line or fish rolled up line or something rubbed against line or , or , or.
Today is another day. Nice one too, somebody gonna catch something today.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Originally posted by candyman:
BOYS BOYS BOYS....ya can beleive this...something BIG hit me last night. ZING ZING ....doink. End of 30lb. Power Pro frayed. Live line swivel maybe backed up on line or fish rolled up line or something rubbed against line or , or , or.
That sucks

At least the biggies are around

·
Registered
826 Posts
Originally posted by candyman:
:rolleyes: Same thing happened to me last sunday on a fishing pier, my baitrunner was screaming!! Tried to set the hook and some thing cut my 30 lb power pro clean, no fray at all. Still not a bad day, went home with a slot.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Went out with Hotshot tonight in the Cape May County area...Fished from 5:30-7:00pm without a hit...As we were thinking about packing it in---Wham! Picked up a 23" bass on a 4" mullet Storm bounced off the bottom...Got two more strikes, and another short to follow...Hotshot picked up a short and a 10" fluke on a white Fin-S....Glad to see the fluke--- hopefully they'll all be back on the season opener-------Mike

·
Registered
908 Posts
Walked the banks for a bit after work yesterday.
Not even a touch. First skunk this spring...
I tried a mirrOlure and a bass assasin. I was
picking up a lot of grass.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Nightstrikes, I was out last night. Bagged my first stripers of the season. A 33 incher and a 23 incher. Released both! Two years ago I would have kept the 33"!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Way to go Ron! We will have to get together next weekend!
Check out my post on the Yak. I took some good photos for you!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts