BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------

Looks like another challenging week is on tap
with the 5 day forcast calling for NE Winds
and Rain.. April Showers Right...
I hit some Sodbanks over the Weekend looking
for Striped One's and Only had one
HookUp that quickly took some drag then spit
my StormLure..Water Temps were running about
46 degree's...Spent The Day Yesterday Scouting
Out Some New Area's for Future Reference....

Everyone Have A Great Week, Happy Easter..

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Steve I agree the weather looks bad over the next few days. I've been checking the long range forecasts and they have been pretty accurate.
The good news is they are calling for mid 60's-70 for the next week and a half, after this one blows through (no rain either).
I still have hope!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I spent about 80 hours so far this year on MYSTIC island area with nothing more than a couple hits so far. I would be happy with a 12 inch bass. This is pathetic. I mean I see others catching bass and I use the same bait but So far I don't have any luck. I hope to change it soon I hope.

Brian

G

·
NS,
Is that a pic Of Barnegat Light? If so was anybody fishin? Herring around? Hate to say but I still havent been on LBI once so far this year. there are bass on the beach but nothing consistent, this weather isnt helping. Good luck to ya this season.
Nick

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by 445 supermag:
I spent about 80 hours so far this year on MYSTIC island area with nothing more than a couple hits so far.

Brian
I am no expert but I have caught 12 bass down there this year. I am off all week and if you want to meet up maybe I could help you out. There is a man down there that is a local that helped me out one day and put me on a nice bass. After that I learned by watching other people and asking a lot of questions. Bait, rigs and presentaion are things that looked at. Also location at different tides is important. Keep trying the fish are there.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I fished OC Sat nite on the Yak with Ron. Fished from about 1:00 am to 4:45 am. One bump for the 1st 3 hrs. On the way in we had a bust along side the boat. We worked him for a while and finally hooked up. I lost him at the Yak when he ran under the Yak and broke the line. Ron immediately hooked up and boated a real fat 27" bass. We left them bustin. The tide was movin so hard I couldn't hold bottom with anchor and the battery was losin ut's charge from trying to hold the Yak in the current. Not to mention that mother nature was calling so bad I thought I was gonna fill up my waders :rolleyes: There were still a few fish Bustin here and there.

Great 1st night. Ron was great company!

[ 04-11-2004, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Bgsdad ]

·
Registered
483 Posts
Only way to catch um and get to talk about it is get out there and fish it. Was out on the Delaware again. 2 of us had nice size stripers! I personally was a cheer leader this day but did manage to land a small perch. One striper well lets say he didnt look to well his skin had discolor to him and look like some one glued a patch back on him, near his tail end. Makes me wonder about all the stuff they dump into the delaware? Had a good time though the blood worms were choice had bunker for back up but didnt need it after all.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Nothing more than the same old skunk reports for me.....Weather dont look too goodfor fishin but the surfing is ano=ther story.,,,

·
Registered
690 Posts
Fished OC Sunday Morning. Second choice. My first choice saw no water. Anyway nothing to report. No taps or anything. Used Clam and Herring. Almost landed a 3,000lb volvo trying to compensate my cast against the crosswind. Just as well, it probably would have broke me off anyway. Next time I'll bring my Marlin setup.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by surfrat:
NS,
Is that a pic Of Barnegat Light? If so was anybody fishin? Herring around?
Nick
Nick, Yes That's Old Barney..
I Took That Shot Over the Weekend while driving
around the Island looking for some action...
I actually climbed those 200 and something
stairs to get to the top...Quite A View......
Pickings Are Still SLow for Bass, A Few SLot to
Keeper Size Have Been Caught off the Beach.But
Nothing All That Great Yet..Herring Action Was HOT
on Sat.over on Rte.9 by the Nuke Plant,But I did
Not Find Any Bait over in the Bay.
On IBSP it didn't look like much was
happening because I only saw Two Beach Campers
With Rods Out...
Work Continues on the BackSide of the North Jetty,
The New GeoTube Is Looking Almost Complete.Don't
know how that will effect the fishing over there
with all the Heavy Equipment still in place...

Take Care Nick,,

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Bgsdad:
I fished OC Sat nite on the Yak with Ron.
Bruce,
Ron was really impressed on how you handled that
Ride..I knew He'd Love It...Your Turning Out to
Be Quite A Guide Putting Us LandLover's on Fish. ;)

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Bgsdad:
Ron immediately hooked up and boated a real fat 27" bass.
That Sucker Had 6 Large Herring In Em... :eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Fished this afternoon from 4-6. Got 6 bass, 3 shorts, 2 slots, and 1 at 16 lbs - 34", also lost 2. All in the rain and high wind, all on bloods, in the mystic island area. Fishing on nice days is for the tourists, fish when no one else is and hold on to your stick.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bgsdad:
I fished OC Sat nite on the Yak with Ron.
Bruce,
Ron was really impressed on how you handled that
Ride..I knew He'd Love It...Your Turning Out to
Be Quite A Guide Putting Us LandLover's on Fish. ;)
</font>[/QUOTE]Steve, remarks like that will only insure you a spot in the future!lol

Maybe I'll start posting in the Open Boat Forum.
:D

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Originally posted by B_McKey:
Fished this afternoon from 4-6. Got 6 bass, 3 shorts, 2 slots, and 1 at 16 lbs - 34", also lost 2. All in the rain and high wind, all on bloods, in the mystic island area. Fishing on nice days is for the tourists, fish when no one else is and hold on to your stick.
Man. you deserved it. We went to NBF in OC and it was howling, but guys were out. But if you're catchin' it ain't bad at all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by candyman:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by B_McKey:
Man. you deserved it. We went to NBF in OC and it was howling, but guys were out. But if you're catchin' it ain't bad at all. </font>[/QUOTE]Candyman, It was nasty out there but this was my seventh trip this year, the six previous I was skunked fishing on nicer days. I had a fish in the first 15 minutes and after that the weather was just a minor nuisance. I was finally into some bass and that was all that mattered.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Did the Mystic Island area thing today. It was the nastiest day that I can remember fishing. But the bite was on. I got 5 shorts a 26 incher and a fat 28.5 inch bass at the top of the tide. It was first day of a limit catch from land.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Took advantage of the break in weather tonight( if you want to call it that). I would have thought that incoming would have been the tide to fish with all the bad weather, but I was wrong. No signs of life anywhere!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.