BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets,BackBays & Bridges....
By Boat or By Land- It's All Good....
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------_

Looking Good This Week,Water Temps Running In The Upper 40's in the Surf and Low 50's In The BackBays..The Action Should Really Heat Up Over The Next Few Days With Warmer Weather Predicted,But Watch Out For Next Weekend...

Everyone Have A Great Fishing Week, Good Luck..

[ 04-25-2005, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fished behind OC Saturday night from 6PM until 8:30 PM, and had three stripers on rattle trap. They looked to be in the slot range since I did not have a tape, and released them all..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good tog trip on Karen Ann II (open boat). Boat had a limit in the box and released at least one more boat limit of legal fish. The fish we kept were all over 16". The biggest fish was 8 to 10 pounds (caught by Capt. Adam). We were off AC in about 65'. The fish wanted crabs and ignored clam.

Beautiful day and a good job by Capt. Adam.

[ 04-18-2005, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: ytuna ]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Me and sicyaker took our first yak outting Sunday night in the Cape May County area. Planned on hitting the end of the outgoing tide after the back bay waters warmed under that great sun on sunday. Only managed one short (23 inches) for two hours of paddling. That short was caught on a Bomber A-Salt in yellow over pearl. This fish hit on first troll before the sunset. Felt good to be back out in the dark.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
OUT AND ABOUT MONDAY NITE ,, STARTED IN CAPE MAY AREA AND MOVED NORTH SAW SEVERAL VERY NICE FISH TAKEN ,, TWO NICE STRIPERS ,, ON CLAM ,, A 30" WEAKIE ON PINK ,, I BROKE THE ICE WITH TWO SHORTS
ONE 22" AND ANOTHER 23" SAW SEVERAL MORE CAUGHT,, ALL ON PINK ,, ACTION SEEMED TO BE BETTER THE FARTHER NORTH WE MOVED,, ENDED THE NITE IN O.C. AREA. WHAT A NICE NITE

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
went out last night, caught 5 bass biggest 35" smallest 22". kept 2 1-26 1/2" and 35". all just at slack tide dead low. h2o getting up there 49-52 deg.
beutiful night calm winds looked like the bay was ice covered.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
went out early this morning like midnight. Boated 3-22" 2-25" 1-32" 1-351/2" 5-18". released all freezer is full right now. All behind OC. bottom of tide was most active. h2o 54 and dropped to 49 as tide came in. 3 total fisherman

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Last night...beached and released 4 fish up to about 24 inches. All on bloodworms. The bay was exploding with bunker, birds (gannets?) diving everywhere, saw a few nice swirls behind some bunker. One bunker took a worm or I just happened to snag him in the lip. Thought it was a small bass at first. Brought him in, chunked him up, put him on the hook...a few nice hits, but no takers. Threw in the towel when I couldn't keep the bunkers from bumping/fouling my line and sounding the false alarm!

Hit the same spot this morning, and got the skunk...not even a sniff. What a difference 12 hours makes!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I played hooky today from work,too bad I couldn't really hook anything decent...

I started out last night fishing some backbays
and was hoping for some decent conditions but as most of my trips this spring the wind was a factor.Had some nice moving In-coming water but casting into a stiff SW Breeze I just could not work my area properly.I did pick up a Short Bass
on a BubbleGum SaltySuperFluke.And then just like that the Wind stopped like someone hit a switch but by then the tide died out...

Woke up to the warmest day of the spring along the coast this morning and decided to hit the beach.Baited up the Surf Rods for the first time
with Clam and Artifical BloodWorms .

Not much action as I hit the end of the out-going tide.But what impressed me was that after stopping at a local B&T and found the price of Bloodworms going for $13.dz.,I decided to give those Berkley Gulps a try..

I mean they look like the real thing,and what impressed me was that the Skates were all over them.

I mean if a Skate was interested why wouldn't a Bass passing by try it.. Right ?
Well I will be experimenting with these again along with the Crabs that they make...

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hit my favorite fishing pier north of Ocean City today. Got there around 10:30 am and saw one slot caught before the end of the outgoing tide. Finally caught this 27 inch slot around 3pm or so a couple hours into the incoming tide. Fresh clams from Absecon Bay Sportsman did it again.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Steve, I agree it looks like those gulp baits might be worth a further look.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Also hookied a half day from work today and took my Dad fishing. Fished Oyster Creek Channel near the marshes where we caught a 32 incher last Saturday; couldn't hook up to save my life today. Marked fish all day but not a bite. Wind and current fighting each other all day didn't help either.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
So I just got back from vacation an looks like its heatin up huh?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
went out last night boated 2-22" 1-26" 1-27" also had a large run off for about 100 yds. and then the hook pulled. This felt pretty big. all on sassy shad.

oc area.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Red- I wonder if you snagged that bunker and put it back live on a larger hook- how you would have done!!!I always keep a weighted treble in my bag in case I happen upon a school. I'd call that situation a striper fisherman's dream come true. Catch em up!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Fished yesterday with two buddies from about 2pm til about 11:30. Started out back of OC and ended up in Avalon. Nothing but stinking skates.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts