BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------

Things Are Looking Up.The Weather Has Everything
to do with it.. OverNight Water Temps Finally
Reached 50 Degree's.And The Bass Were On The
Feed.I Workd Some CapeMay Co.Sods and Once
We Found The Fish,We Had A Very Agressive
Bite on Plugs for the First Time This Year.
We Had Many Hits on Bomber & Storm Lures....
Plenty of Bust/Pops during the End Of The
Out-Going Tide into the Beginning of In-Coming.
They Only Thing That Changed the Action Was
The Beautiful Sunrise Over The Ocean,Which Seem
To Chase the Bass Away...

29" & 26"Slot Striper's

GrassShrimp-What They Were Feeding On During The
Night...

Blk/Pur Bomber-What They Were Hitting On...

Looking Good Into The Up-Coming Week...
The Action Should Only Increase............
MayBe Some Trout Will Show Up..

Everyone Have A Great Week,Catch'Em Up...

[ 04-20-2004, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Getting one bass a day at daybreak than nothing
one Thrus 26" , one Sat 27", one today (sunday) 31"
all caught between 6:20 and 7am than nothing

spent an hour looking for fluke with no success

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I had my nine year old son out with me on the sod banks this afternoon. He caught his first bass. Now he wants to go back for more. I made him give it a smootch before we released it. :D

[ 04-18-2004, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: A Frayed Knot ]

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Went to "go to" spot and saw a crab bloom. thousands of baby crabs swimming in the light. No bass but didn't try that hard. Was out in boat all day looking and got a skate.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Way to go Steve!!! Nice to see its finally on. We had aspirations of hitting the back waters sat night but were talked into heading out toward the delaware. What a mistake!! we ended up fighting wind against the tide tryied clams and only thing we got for the trouble was wet and a lost anchor. We did see alot of fish on the screen though bit just wasnt in the cards for us that night. Now i am def sure i will be hitting the back waters hopefully this weekend. Great job again and hope to see u soon.

[ 04-19-2004, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: HarborNights ]

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Steve, tx for the report it's nice to see that you're getting them on lures.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Wasn't meant to be for me tonight. Found some calm waters, walked a few banks, skunkola. Did not see one splash. Just a quiet but beautiful night.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Fished a few hours of the outgoing with Rockdoc, Casting Disaster, and ran into Keith the Bagman. We were walking some banks behing O.C. and got into a flurry of bass once the wind laid down. We landed 4 between us from 23" to 26".

Keith had two, Rockdoc and I each had one, and I lost another after a short fight. We caught our fish on a lot of different plugs and plastics...purple mirro-lure, pink and white bass-assasin and blue-shad storms.

I got my first of the year and broke in my new setup. I really liked the St. Croix tidemaster series.

Great night out! It was nice to hear bass busting the surface again. And Keith, it was a pleasure meeting you. See you out on the water :D

[ 04-20-2004, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: earlybird ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by earlybird:

I got my first of the year and broke in my new setup. I really liked the St. Croix tidemaster series.

Brent, Glad You Guys Got Into Them...

What TideMaster Did You Get ?
I Had My New St.Croix TideMaster
8'Heavy/Fast Action Out And Just Loved It Also...

·
Registered
908 Posts
NIGHTSTRIKES, it's a 7' Med/Heavy Fast Action. It casts great, it's sensitive, and I felt like if I needed to I could tighten down the drag and bully 'em in. I also think they'll be pretty durable...at least I hope so.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, I was really impressed also.
I went with the 8'H in order to throw some heavier
plugs/jigs in the 1/2-2oz range.My Loomis 7'was
a little to light For Some of things I want to
do....
Looking for a 40"+Bass ;) with this type of tackle
Fighting them in that Current should be alot of
fun.... :D

Good Luck With Yours,I Am Sure You Will Hook Up
With Plenty More...

Take Care,

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Water Temps Really Moving Now.-BackBay Temperatures Spiked To 55/56 Degress Yesterday...

[ 04-23-2004, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yeah what Earlybird said. My eyes are burnin'. Got home at 3:30 am and back up again at 5 to go to work. It was worth it though had a nice time meeting you guys and the fish are definately back. It was nice to see. It was also very nice to spend some time with fellow Barners too. Sort of wished I took the yak off the roof but we got into them anyway. Again, guys thanks for dinner. It still in the cooler ready to be steaked. Can't wait. Get your yaks soon and then the real fun begins. See you all soon, Keith the bagman

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hey Keith...let us know what the stomach contents are when you clean it. I'd be interested to see what they were feeding on.

Yeah, I'm going to have to consider investing in a yak. Especially after hearing fish after fish busting on the opposite bank :rolleyes: Until next time...

·
Registered
540 Posts
earlybird,
I gutted him this morning when I got home just to let him bleed out. I found a couple of small crab bodies and lots of grass shrimp that were white in color, just like strikes photo. Now we know why the white color was working so well for us. See you soon, Keith the bagman

·
Registered
908 Posts
Had at it again last night at the same location
and tide...nothing for me.

The guys I was with did well, but the bass
were very picky. The only thing they would
touch was a white bass assasin and my "friend"
wouldn't share ;) No...he only had two left,
so I'll forgive him this time. I'll let Casting
Disaster expand on the details.
Congrats on a good night Rich and I hope you're feeling better.
The bass were not busting nearly as much as last night, but they are still there :D

[ 04-21-2004, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: earlybird ]

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
earlybird, he had 2, wouldnt give you one and you call that a freind?? LOL Man, I would give up my lure if I had one so my freinds could catch too...I have done it before. This dude must be desperate..LOL. At least you got to watch ;)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks Brent, I still fell a bit flu-ish but my bass thumb comforts me. Fished the top of the outgoing last night and caught three at 22", 27" & 28". Rockdoc hooked into the biggest of the night though at 32" and about 13-14 pounds. All fish caught on white Bass Assasins with a slow steady retrieve. Its just about time guys, good luck!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.