BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets,BackBays & Bridges....
By Boat or By Land- It's All Good....
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------_

Ahh, This Weeks Reports Takes Us Into May,,
and that means Prime Time Fishing for about a two month period in New Jersey for the Inshore BackBays,Inlets and Surf...So Get Ready.......

Here is a picture of maybe something
to wet the appetite...

John Menocal holding up a beauty-Certified 45"Rock,John is a neighbor of my Friend Greg's
Bro-In-Law that lives in Annapolis..
This Big Striper was caught in the vicinity of Thomas Point Light/Chesapeake Bay,MD.last Wed.4/20/05

Sign of things to Come in N.J. ??? Let's Hope..

Everyone Have A Great Fishing Week....

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
a certain popular spring sod bank really turned on saturday am. Probably the best Ive ever seen it for that spot. I ended w/ 23 bass from 18-33" and missed at least as many hits. More slots and gaps than shorts. The other guys, a handfull at best, braving the elements did extremely well also.

tried to duplicate it sunday but the conditions changed and the fish moved on. Only 5 small guys on sunday.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Went last night for 3 hrs. Boated 10 fish all 18-23" Did get one at 28". Saw small baitfish for first time and actually some surface action.I guess it is getting better. H20 was 44-45 deg.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Fished the top of the outgoing last night. Water
was cool, holding in the low 40's. Lot's of fish
showing on the finder, but I had a tough time
getting them to bite. I caught 5, but they were
mostly small...16", 18", 2-21", 27". Pink Zoom.

·
Registered
311 Posts
fished today behind OC from 9A to 11A.
wrong wind, wrong tide, water temp 46 degrees.
Still caught one 28" which I returned. If I caught one today, there must be a bunch there!
Silver finesse, 1/2 Kalin jig head, on the bottom.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
fished last 3 hours of incoming this morning,water temp dropped to 47.
Saw fish on machine but only got 1
Tried same spots on first of outgoing and as soon as water temp hit 50 on outgoing there was a bite and I got 5 more
Nothing big 22-24"

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Tough conditions today with the wind. Figured I might as well get used to it cause it doesn't look like it will ever stop. Managed three with one around 36" on fin-s, outgoing tide.

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
Fished some of the Great bay sod's without a touch,w#$* was a blowin pretty hard ,sloppy dirty water,felt a little cold !!Now I know why Nightstrikes isn't named Daystrikes, was on a little recon mission and found some nice water , but look's to be a nightowl special, maybe time to take up Golf or Drinking !! Good luck to all!!
;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fished in the back, behind TI. Caught a 22",25" and a 29", a postage stamp flounder, and 3 skates just for good measure. Fished the outgoing, anchored in 13FT hole, with clam. Water was 49 degrees.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Fished last night...Finally got unslumped...Nailed 11 all on white zoom, they wouldnt touch anything else, all in 20-33" range...It was good for about an hour and a 1/2 then nothing....

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...COASTAL OCEAN NJ-EASTERN MONMOUTH NJ-OCEAN NJ-WESTERN MONMOUTH NJ- 403 PM EDT WED APR 27 2005
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS SOME WITH HEAVY DOWNPOURS WILL CONTINUE TO AFFECT OCEAN COUNTY AND MOVE INTO PARTS OF EASTERN MONMOUTH COUNTY DURING THE REST OF THE AFTERNOON. RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF HALF AN INCH TO ONE INCH IN ONE HOUR WILL CAUSE SOME POOR DRAINAGE FLOODING AND PONDING OF WATER IN LOW LYING AREAS. IN ADDITION SOME CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING WILL ACCOMPANY THE STRONGER THUNDERSTORMS. PLEASE HEAD INDOORS AT THE FIRST SIGN OF THREATENING WEATHER AND BE WARY WHILE DRIVING LATE THIS AFTERNOON ON ROADS THAT ARE PRONE TO POOR DRAINAGE FLOODING.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Just got back from a little early evening fishing on the Mullica with my son on the Yak. We trolled Soft Baits, Bombers & Crystal Minnows. My son Beege managed his first linesider on a Shad body. 22 1/2 inches and fat and released to get bigger. The fish was dark from the stained water.

My son thought he was snagged on handed me the rod. By the time I realized it was a fish it was 1/2 to the boat. He still hooked and landed it. He's now looking forward to hist 1st Keeper!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Fished yesterday behind OC, from 10A to about 2P.

Caught 2 nice slots, just under 28" kept one for dinner.

Silver fin-S with 1/2 0z kalin.

Tough getting them to hit a lure mid-day, but I go when I can. Water temp was better, 49 incoming, 52 outgoing.

Marked bait and a couple of fish, looks like things are getting more lively out there.

water was pretty clean, and the day just perfect.

I am going to miss the causeway, not because of the fishing so much (gee those mirrors get close!), but because of what they represent.

Those mega-bridges have such a huge environmental "footprint", I can't believe they are not protested by the enviro's. I guess they are too worried on whether or not a fish feels pain when it's hooked, to pay attention. Oh well.

·
Registered
311 Posts
BTW: I wasn't fishing from the Causeway Bridge!
(but I rode the boat around it, and it made me think about what a really neat spot it is)

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Outdoors:
BTW: I wasn't fishing from the Causeway Bridge!
(but I rode the boat around it, and it made me think about what a really neat spot it is)
So True Outdoors,
The real lost out there will be the decades old structure from the 4 bridges. These are fish magnets and once they are gone it will take some time for this area to become half as good as it is today...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
out and about in the o.c. area last nite,, tried drowning some clams first ,, no takers,, persistance did pay off with a just short striper 23 7/8 ",nice and fat ,,on pink around dusk ,, saw a few caught but nothing of size ,,

1 - 20 of 44 Posts