BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------

As we round out April and head into May
the Action is really Heating up...
Plenty of Places to find Fish in various
ways.The Inshore Grand Slam of Fishing Begins.
Got To Love it..

A couple more Bass Plugged of Some SodBanks
27 1/2" & 28 /12"

Some Broken Stripes/Hybrid ???

On The Menu...GrassShrimp/Crabs/Spearing/Sandeel/Bomber

GrassShrimp

Crabs

--------------------------------------

Hope To See Some Weakfish & BlueFish Reports
This Week,Everyone Have A Good One..

·
Registered
920 Posts
Nice fish Strikes...that one fish looks like 1/2 hybrid to me.... Action has been picking up in the back bay. Last night during the outgoing, Casting Disaster and I each picked up a bass (20" and 26") walking some banks in CM County. Saw a few others out, and everyone seemed to be catching at some point during the night. Everything on artificials. Can't wait til the tyderunners arrive--- last year got my first one on May 5; should be anytime now-------Mike

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Fished some back bays in the Yak last night. Tide was slow and and a slight breeze here & there. Not much action. A pop here and there. I did pick up one @ 28" At least I beat the skunk!

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
[QB]

The Inshore Grand Slam of Fishing Begins.
Got To Love it..

Strikes,
yes I do love it!
I've been sitting home since Thur.(had knee surgery).Been reading reports and getting calls, e-mails & pics from all my buddies
up the bay where things are on fire!
NOW, starting to see signs of life here in the Homeport(been w/you guys Strikes from the beginning
keep up the great work pal,)
about bass in the back, Tog and MY FAVORITE, the flatties starting to show(weakies soon!!)I can't wait to be a contributing poster again. I almost feel like a lurker the past few days. :D Everyone's playing and I'm not alowed out :(
Save some for me boys,
Grab

[

·
Registered
483 Posts
Was out at the horseshoe with some friends we had 6 in a 9 hour day we missed the on slaught which came early in the morning but in all we had a productive day. Had a really nice one hooked up but did manage to lose her. I still havent made my way to OC SIC or AV SH yet but by the way things are looking i will be heading that way shortly. Hope to see some of you real soon.

[ 04-25-2004, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: HarborNights ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...ATLANTIC NJ-ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY NJ-BERKS PA-BUCKS PA-CAMDEN NJ- CAPE MAY NJ-CARBON PA-CAROLINE MD-CECIL MD-CHESTER PA- COASTAL ATLANTIC NJ-COASTAL OCEAN NJ-CUMBERLAND NJ-DELAWARE PA- DELAWARE BEACHES DE-EASTERN MONMOUTH NJ-GLOUCESTER NJ-HUNTERDON NJ- INLAND SUSSEX DE-KENT MD-KENT DE-LEHIGH PA-MERCER NJ-MIDDLESEX NJ- MONROE PA-MONTGOMERY PA-MORRIS NJ-NEW CASTLE DE-NORTHAMPTON PA- NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON NJ-OCEAN NJ-PHILADELPHIA PA-QUEEN ANNE'S MD- SALEM NJ-SOMERSET NJ-SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON NJ-SUSSEX NJ-TALBOT MD- WARREN NJ-WESTERN MONMOUTH NJ- 420 AM EDT MON APR 26 2004
... SLIGHT RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS TODAY IN LOWER DELMARVA... ... THUNDERSTORMS WITH HEAVY RAIN POSSIBLE THROUGHOUT THE REGION TODAY... ... SHARPLY COOLER WEATHER EXPECTED TUESDAY NIGHT...

A COLD FRONT MOVING THROUGH THE REGION TODAY WILL TRIGGER MORE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WHILE MOST OF THE REGION IS EXPECTED TO BE MOSTLY CLOUDY... SOME SUNSHINE SHOULD OCCUR ACROSS SOUTHEASTERN NEW JERSEY AND ESPECIALLY SOUTHERN SECTIONS OF DELMARVA. THIS ADDED SUNSHINE MIGHT BE ENOUGH TO ENERGIZE THE THUNDERSTORMS TO REACH STRONG OR SEVERE LIMITS IN SOUTHERN DELMARVA. THIS IS THE REASON THE STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS PLACED THIS AREA IN A SLIGHT RISK FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS. GIVEN THE VIGOROUS WINDS ALOFT... THE MAIN THREAT FROM THE STORMS WOULD BE THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGING WINDS THIS AFTERNOON.

THROUGHOUT THE REGION NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WILL BRING LOCALLY HEAVY DOWNPOURS. PONDING OF WATER IN LOW LYING AND POOR DRAINAGE AREAS WILL OCCUR. UNLESS THUNDERSTORMS MOVE OVER SIMILAR LOCATIONS... STREAM AND SMALL RIVER FLOODING IS NOT ANTICIPATED.

THE SEVERE WEATHER AND THUNDERSTORM THREAT SHOULD END BY EARLY THIS EVENING ALTHOUGH SHOWERS COULD LINGER UNTIL AFTER MIDNIGHT... ESPECIALLY NEAR THE COAST.

MUCH COOLER AIR... FIRST ALOFT... THEN NEAR THE SURFACE... WILL WORK ITS

WAY INTO THE REGION ON TUESDAY. THE COLD AIR ALOFT WILL AGAIN MAKE OUR AIR MASS UNSTABLE AND SCATTERED RAIN SHOWERS WILL DEVELOP. AS COLDER AIR MOVES IN TUESDAY NIGHT... TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO DROP CLOSE TO IF NOT BELOW THE FREEZING MARK IN PARTS OF NORTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA AND NORTHERN NEW JERSEY. A FREEZE WARNING MAY BECOME NECESSARY IN AREAS WHERE THE GROWING SEASON HAS BEGUN. ELSEWHERE IT WOULD BE WISE TO HOLD OFF FROM PLANTING FLOWERS OR VEGETABLES THAT ARE SENSITIVE TO COLD WEATHER AS WE ARE STILL WITHIN THE NORMAL CLIMATOLOGICAL RANGE FOR FROSTS... IF NOT FREEZES... TO OCCUR.

A QUICK MODERATING TREND IS STILL EXPECTED FOR THE SECOND HALF OF THE WEEK....

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I heard reports of hot weakie action. Well they were far from hot tonight. I seen 3 caught from about 20 guys fishing for 3 hours. 1 fish for every 20 man hours of fishing ain't what I call hot! Well at least I beat the skunk with 2 real short bass.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Went out for a couple hours before getting chased in ....couldn't get a decent drift going...got one short striper. I'm back to rubber and saving all tha bait for middle of summer.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I got out sod walking last night around OC. Caught the skunk, smelly bastard. Winds damn near blew me into the ocean, thought it may lay down. NOT. Oh well, better luck next tiome. ran into early bird and Brent, hope you guys did better than me. See you next time. Keith the bagman

·
Registered
477 Posts
Walked some sod banks for only a short while early this morning. The wind made it impossible to have any feel for what was going on. On my second cast, a short hit my jig right at my toes in ~4" of water, scared the hell out of me as I had no idea my line was at my feet...anyway, missed him. Hey Keith, we left about 20 minutes after you, probably should have left with you. See you out there--Rich

·
Registered
908 Posts
Yeah, you know it's going to be a short night when
you cast and your lure ends up behind the guy your
fishing with :eek: Sorry about that Rich

A few casts later we were outta there. It was one
of those mornings I wish I had stayed in bed.
Oh well, I only lost an hour of sleep. There's
always next time...

[ 04-28-2004, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: earlybird ]

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Hit the Mystic area tonight and got two fish and missed on several others. The wind was howling but shut down a bit after the sun went down. Clams seem to be the go to bait lately.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Wanted to put this in the bottom dwellers but coudn't find it.

Got out today, took my limit of Tog, all on halved green crab. Lost about 10.

Blues were there slapping away.

Made a couple of fruitless casts with a btail and herring strip, thanks Chunking, then headed home. Birds were working Cape May County Back today.

Loads of big spearing were covering the surface on the way home. Tide was really low tonight, ran aground on the way home, azzhole, did the anchor throw and pull and made it home safely thank God.

NOAA got it right finally, wind sat down nice after a little convection, beautiful night. I am out for a couple of nights, will post next week.

[ 04-29-2004, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
NOAA did have it right this time. We picked 3 bass 26, 30,34. and lost 3 ?,?,?.

Herring..........it's whats for dinner tonight.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Fished sodbanks thurs night in the howling wind. Caught one slot bass on a storm , and had 2 hits on a knucklehead at sunset.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
BLUEFISH HAVE INVADED THE CAPE MAY COUNTY INSHORE WATERS,BLUES ARE RUNNING 16-21"
DECENT FLUKE BITE IF YOU CAN UNDER THE BLUES.
PROBABLY WEAKS THERE ALSO BUT GETTING THROUGH THE BLUES IS A CHALLENGE

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I had a chance to soak some clam in the suds with NightStrikes Friday AM. There was a retty good chill with the breeze off the ocean and water temps were down. We hit LBI beach at first light. I had high expectations but got only one skate for the effort. Oh well the company is great and I always enjoy sunrise on the surf!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts