BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets,BackBays & Bridges....
By Boat or By Land- It's All Good....
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------

Mother Nature is not making this Spring easy thats for sure,this week is looking a little bit better to get out and do our thing.I am looking to make a trip in a few days,will see what happens. Everyone Have A Good One,,,

[ 04-04-2005, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
This is from Guatamala Dave's site.

Last Weeks big bass was the 35" 15.7# fish caught by George Bucci. He gets the $25 gift certificate for last week. Remember the biggest bass weighed in each week gets a $25 gift certificate and that goes on thru May 29

:D

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Fished from 9"00 till 3:00. Cought one hell of a wind burn on my face. 1 Catfish and One small Striper. Fished By the Salem canal and Pgrove. Interesting though that the new road to DOD has a big sink hole. Got there at about 8 and there was a car half in the hole. Tough day of fishing for that guy. Guess the DODwill be off limits for all the cars and trucks now......

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Originally posted by eelball:
This is from Guatamala Dave's site.

Last Weeks big bass was the 35" 15.7# fish caught by George Bucci. He gets the $25 gift certificate for last week. Remember the biggest bass weighed in each week gets a $25 gift certificate and that goes on thru May 29

:D
DAMN SHOULDA WEIGHED IN MY 20 POUNDER :D

[ 04-05-2005, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: loosedrag ]

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
put in at 800 fished oc area. water real dirty looked like coffee. 1 hit. marked some fish on depth finder. h2o 45 temp is getting there.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hit a fishing pier north of Ocean City tonight with some fresh herring from Absecon Bay Sportsman. Limited in an hour and half. Caught this 24.5 inch slot. Fifteen minutes later after everyone else had left the pier I hooked into a FAT 34.5 incher. Was fun trying to work the bridge net and the rod at the same time! (Caught with a fish finder rig with a 3 foot flouro leader, one hour into the outgoing tide on strips of fresh herring)

:D :D :D

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yeah, some guy on the pier took the picture for me and didn't know how to work my digital camera properly. I was trying to explain how to zoom in and take out some of the background. Not that I would mind a few barners joining me on the pier. At least I wouldn't have to work the bridge net by myself!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Nice fish Mark...That's for the info. V

[ 04-06-2005, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: VOLKANMAN ]

·
Registered
477 Posts
It has been a slow start for me this year, certainly not due to lack of effort. Finally caught some bass (all small) yesterday at the top of the outgoing tide. Had to wait for the spearing to show up for the bass to turn on to plastics.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Just got back from my favorite fishing pier again. Fished all day with fresh herring and didn't get a bite. Caught one striper on someone elses unattended pole. They got the only two stripers caught today. (24.5 and 27.5 inch slots on live clams two hours into the outgoing tide) Was still a great day to be out there!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Fished a famous Pt today from 7 am til 11am with my Dad. He caught 1 bass 20inches and we saw about 10 caught all on Worms (avg 20in) on the falling tide. Not a great day considering there must have been 100 fisherman coming and going. Nice to be outside anyhow. Can I tell you. You know its been a long winter when your so desperate for fish that you start chuckin 5oz of lead and a bloodworm for 20in bass. Lets get on with it so I can put my surf gear to bed til Montauk in Oct and start fishing artificials. Bait sucks

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Ah, I remember when that use to be a wonderful bridge I use to fish off of when I was a wee lad. I know fish can be caught from that pier today, but it just isn't the same for me. Way to go Mark

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Originally posted by Mark Horn:
Hit a fishing pier north of Ocean City tonight with some fresh herring from Absecon Bay Sportsman. Limited in an hour and half. Caught this 24.5 inch slot. Fifteen minutes later after everyone else had left the pier I hooked into a FAT 34.5 incher. Was fun trying to work the bridge net and the rod at the same time! (Caught with a fish finder rig with a 3 foot flouro leader, one hour into the outgoing tide on strips of fresh herring)

:D :D :D
Nice fish MArk, pretty fish

I am missing the fun, should be up soon

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
Fished some famous place in Great Bay off the beach, cant remember the name, but caught my first striper of the year, a whopping 12 inch rat, had three other good hit's but missed em. Using blood's like the rest of the guy's on the beach, saw 8 slot's taken off the beach heading for a frying pan, about 50-60 fish caught around me, mostly rat's !! Fished 11:00 - 6:30, Saw a BBarn vehicle at this famous place, alot of people must know about it !! :D
The fishies have begun to bite, go gettem !!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Took the yak out in the back today from 5:30-7:00pm. Not a bite. Nice weather though. throwing a paddle tail. Can't wait until they start hitting poppers!!!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Fished OC area from 3:00 - 5:30. One skate. Mostly just wanted to play with the dog on the beach and the fiance....

Then fished DOD from 7:00 -10:30. Three cats one BIG pirch and one rat striper. Actually my little Bro cought the striper. His first. Too small for him to catch the bug but he is putting in his time when he can. Hopefully we get him on a biggun soon.

Also Obviously the road is fixed to get back to the DOD.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Fished plugs & plastics for a couple of hours -- OC area tonight around beginning of outgoing. 1st outting of the season =)

Water seemed pretty clean for a few days after heavy rains. No baitfish in water. Slight breeze.

No hits, but great to get out finally.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts