BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------

Looking Good This Week,Even Though Water Temps
Held About The Same Last Week (Still in the
Mid-Forty's).The Bait Is Invading The Bays..
With Sun in the Forcast This Week and The
Full Moon Period,Things Should Be Interesting..
Catch'Em Up Guys-Good Luck.....

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Turn off the wind! I hope to get out Tues and Weds nights. The 15 day forcast doesn't look pretty with below average temps the whole way through. :(
Hope everything doesn't get pushed back I am looking forward to catching my first weakfish in a few weeks!

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
I'll be heading to IBSP on Friday. I CAN"T WAIT!!!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...ATLANTIC NJ-ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY NJ-BERKS PA-BUCKS PA-CAMDEN NJ- CAPE MAY NJ-CARBON PA-CAROLINE MD-CECIL MD-CHESTER PA- COASTAL ATLANTIC NJ-COASTAL OCEAN NJ-CUMBERLAND NJ-DELAWARE PA- DELAWARE BEACHES DE-EASTERN MONMOUTH NJ-GLOUCESTER NJ-HUNTERDON NJ- INLAND SUSSEX DE-KENT MD-KENT DE-LEHIGH PA-MERCER NJ-MIDDLESEX NJ- MONROE PA-MONTGOMERY PA-MORRIS NJ-NEW CASTLE DE-NORTHAMPTON PA- NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON NJ-OCEAN NJ-PHILADELPHIA PA-QUEEN ANNE'S MD- SALEM NJ-SOMERSET NJ-SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON NJ-SUSSEX NJ-TALBOT MD- WARREN NJ-WESTERN MONMOUTH NJ- 357 PM EDT MON APR 5 2004
... NEAR RECORD LOW TEMPERATURES POSSIBLE TONIGHT...

HIGH PRESSURE BUILDING IN TONIGHT WILL ALLOW FOR CLEAR SKIES AND DIMINISHING WINDS DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS. AS A RESULT... TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO TUMBLE. JUST HOW FAR THE BOTTOM DROPS OUT... AND WHETHER RECORD LOWS ARE ACTUALLY REACHED... WILL DEPEND ON HOW MUCH THE WIND DIMINISHES DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS. THE LOWER THE WIND SPEEDS, THE MORE LIKELY RECORD LOWS WILL BE REACHED.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
will somebody please tell mother nature that it is frigin spring.i waited all winter like a good boy and now i want my fish,it's only fair :D i'm going to go nuts if i hear it is gonna be cold again,it's april it should be getting warmer aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,matt

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Out tonight, found some calm conditions around bridges at the Atlantic County / Cape May County border. Jigged up a few more herring, no bass for me tonight :mad: .

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Fished the ebb tonight in CMC nuttin!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Fished down south tonight, only a few herring to show for my efforts. The wind was pretty calm but the water needs a few days to clean up after the strong winds and full moon tide, its pretty murky. Hope to see action pick up over the weekend, I may get out again tonight. I'd really like to see some good reports soon!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
out and about CISP last nite,, incoming ,, nothing happening ,, water temp hung around 50 at the bottom of tide ,, around 46 as tide moved up

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. Walked some banks behind Corson's/OC and some bridges along the way. Total skunkola. The moon was worth it though. Anyone else see it??. Rose out of the East about 9pm like a ball of fire. Wow. Out tonight, gonna try the mouths of the river.

·
Registered
186 Posts
tried two areas in OC today... nothin'..

nice warm night... clean water...brisk current..

high tide was real high...

got fish? :confused:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Had high hopes tonight with the forecast. As the tide started going out the wind picked up from almost nothing to N 20mph. Stayed for an hour trying but ended up calling it a night, did manage a few herring early on the incoming tide.
Plenty of spearing and shrimp as well as a decent amount of guys out trying but no fish to show for anyone I ran into. How much longer can this last? The weather forecast doesn't look pretty over the next couple of days. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all!

I am a new member and new to striper fishing. I have been sitting back reading throuh the boards and figured it was my turn to turn over some info...

I was fishing the banks by the Beesley Point Bridge.(By the power plant) tonight when I came across a guy asleep in his car... His rod's were 2-3 feet deep in the now high tide waters..(heh)

Anyhow, I held the light while he jumped in, and darn it if he didn't come up with a 15lb. bass on one of his poles!

He was fishing fresh clam...

Well I hope this is helpful.. Can't wait to catch mine.. In the meantime I'll keep reading these boards.

Slacker

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well I made my maiden voyage for the year with the yak last night and it was beautiful when I first launched, no wind and the moon coming up a pretty orange out of the east. Got around the island, ran into Barrell, nice to meet you finally. And then the wind came up. It got a little too snotty for me and I called it a night in the yak. Took a ride to Corson's to check things out and not a thing. So all in all I brought out that little stinky guy with me for the first trip. Oh well, beets being at home watching the idiot box. Was nice to get out and stretch the arms some. Frank was that you going by on the bridge last night around 9:15? If it was I heard you honking. Anyway I may have to resort to the quarry until things heat up more. A late start for things this year. Come on warmer temps. We all need to feel the big ones. Good luck everyone, Keith the bagman

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Slacker Welcome to the barn & I hope you enjoy your stay. Come over to the fly board every once in awhile. Again, welcome. Ron

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I got out from 4 to 8 pm this afternoon. The bite was good but the fish were all small. They ranged from 13 to 21 inches. I saw some nice fish caught but they all seem to elude my hook. I can not wait for tomorrow. :D :D :D

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
3 this morning up to about 30". Missed a few as well. Seems the bite has slowed at our fishin hole. Time to hit my local haunts. I hear good things. :cool:

[ 04-09-2004, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: eelball ]

·
Registered
112 Posts
Delaware Bay Surf
Caught the up side of incoming tide. Fished the fort south end. Caught four shorts ,18" to 22".
Went to Gandy,s beach at the top of tide. Caught eight more. All short. 20" to 23". All nice fish. Healthy and fat. No striper for dinner. All were caught on bloods. Fish are starting to bite . All hit good. Released
all fish un harmed. Maybe next some keepers.
johnny gee 4/09/04

1 - 20 of 30 Posts