BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets,BackBays & Bridges....
By Boat or By Land- It's All Good....
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------_

First Full Week Of May This Week,And For The Fishermen Looking For Other Opportunities To Catch Something Without Stripes,This Is The Week To Start.
The NJ Saltwater Trout Season has begun with Weakfish betweet 6-13lbs showing up in their
Favorite Spring Hangouts.Lean and Mean Slammer
Bluefish are invading the Inlets looking for something to eat after their long journey up from the South..And Summer Flounder/Fluke Season
Opens Up This Saturday.. What To Do Huh ?
It's a good problem to have trying to figure out
what to target, this is what us fishermen here at the Jersey Shore wait for all Winter and Early Spring. It's Here.....

Speaking of Bluefish,My Buddy Ron/BassCharger came across some guys fishing inside of Corson's Inlet yesterday afternoon with (3)Big Chopper's
sitting on the beach,all over 30"'s and between 8-10lbs each...

I myself got out and fished some In-coming Tides
in the Dark and Found my First Weakfish of the Season,nice one to start especially after dropping my first hook-up a little earlier in the night...Measured- 31.5" est.10lbs..

It was all over the Pink - ZOOM BubbleGum Salty SuperFluke w/ Pink LunkerCity Diamond Eye Jig..

It should be a good one this week,a little chilly in the mornings,but the action around our area should heat things up..

Good Luck Fishing This Week...

*Also Don't Forget Mother's Day This Coming Sunday, "take mom fishing" :D

Later,,,

[ 05-02-2005, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Nice fish Steve!! What to fish for is the main problem. Weakfish, tog, blues, fluke soon, huge drum, huge bass moving into the bay with the drum. Problems, problems.... If I fish all night that rules out the boat the next day. Like I said, problems...

·
Registered
487 Posts
New York Harbor, Marker 31 Sounder picked up nothing, 0, zilch Motored the aread 15 min. Saw on boat fishing it but no fish. :(

Weather was real to nasty for flats so we went under varrasanno Bridge and fished off statten Island a few minutes. A few bits but slow action.

:( Maybe I'm not doing somthing right. Used sand worms.

·
Registered
190 Posts
WENT OUT ON SUNDAY FOR THE FIRST TRIP OF THE SEASON.GOT A FAT 24" FLOUNDER,ONE 20" BASS AND GOT WET.TIED THE FLOUNDER TO A CHANNEL MARKER TILL SATURDAY.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
nice fish STRIKES we were making the rounds last nite ,, saw some fish caught,, saw those blues ,, but while we fished we caught nothing ,, seemed to be a little late at each spot ,, we'll figure it out, give it a try tonite

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Strikes,
sweet weakie. Hope to be on some of them this weekend(along with the fluke, maybe a back bay bass or 2, and I'm sure blues). Put the boat in Sat. afternoon. Weather was pretty crappy so it was a real quick shakedown. Fulltime fishing this weekend though. I'm ready. It's been a loooong winter.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...ATLANTIC NJ-BERKS PA-BUCKS PA-CARBON PA-CHESTER PA-CUMBERLAND NJ- HUNTERDON NJ-LEHIGH PA-MONROE PA-MONTGOMERY PA-MORRIS NJ- NORTHAMPTON PA-OCEAN NJ-SOMERSET NJ-SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON NJ- SUSSEX NJ-WARREN NJ- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... READING... BETHLEHEM... ALLENTOWN AND VINELAND 325 PM EDT MON MAY 2 2005
... A FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TUESDAY TO 8 AM EDT TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ CONTINUES THE FROST ADVISORY.

SKIES ARE EXPECTED TO BECOME MAINLY CLEAR TONIGHT AS A COLD FRONT MOVES EAST OF THE REGION THIS EVENING. BEHIND THIS COLD FRONT, A REINFORCING SHOT OF CHILLY AIR WILL OVERSPREAD THE AREA DURING THE OVERNIGHT AND EARLY MORNING HOURS ON TUESDAY.

AS THE WINDS DIMINISH TONIGHT, TEMPERATURES ARE FORECAST TO DROP INTO THE MID 30S IN THE SUBURBS AND RURAL AREAS. ISOLATED LOCATIONS, SUCH AS THE PINE BARRENS IN NEW JERSEY, COULD HAVE TEMPERATURES AROUND 32 DEGREES EARLY TUESDAY MORNING. AS A RESULT, AREAS OF FROST ARE ANTICIPATED TO DEVELOP EARLY TUESDAY MORNING.

THOSE WITH AGRICULTURAL INTERESTS IN THE ADVISED AREA SHOULD PROTECT TENDER VEGETATION. ALSO, POTTED PLANTS NORMALLY LEFT OUTDOORS SHOULD BE COVERED OR BROUGHT INSIDE AWAY FROM THE COLD....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Awesome man looking to some of that action when Dr. Bass and I get up there.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am totally so ready for this adventure to kick off I am packing now..

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
out and about this evening ,, caught 16 blues between 25 and 32 inches ,, several over 30 ,, absolutely amazing action ,, called my buddy it took him an hour to get there but he still managed 10 in same range ,, it was absolutely incredible action ,, lasted three hours ,, we lost as many as we caught ,, also had two short stripers,, great nite ,, W#$% was howling ,, left when lightning started

·
Registered
908 Posts
Went on a two part trip last night with Rockdoc.
First we took the boat out for the last of the
outgoing. We only caught one bass because the
blues were out in full force :mad: I got broken
off three or four times. We finally decided to
bag the boat and walk the sods. The tide turned
by the time we got out there, and Mike quickly
hooked up with a slot and a short. I couldn't
seem to hook up though, missing three strikes. I
did catch a 30" blue before we left, but it was a
frustrating night for me...

I don't remember seeing this many larger blues
caught in the backwater? I'd rather not catch