BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------

Got a little BackBay Fishing In The Other Night
at My Favorite Weakfish Spot.Wore My Arm Out Casting into a Stiff Dixie Breeze and Only Found
A SLot Striper to Hit My NightStalker MirrOlure
during the In-Coming Tide...
-------------------------------------------------

Loaded Up With Some Big Fresh Clams and Hit the
LBI Surf to get some Practice In for the NJANGLER Surf Tour.at IBSP on Sat.and Found More Slot Stripers.Doing It Again Today. ;)Some Great Action Out There-Ocean Temp Is On The Rise....
-------------------------------------------------

EveryOne Have A Great Week...

·
Registered
723 Posts
steve good to see u got some practice in for saturday hopefully we can get some cows instead of the slot though.glad to see u got on the fish.
shawn

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Better get some bunker for the tourny.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Lookin good Steve. maybe I'll get some practice Friday in the suds.

I was out in the Yak with my son today doing a little sweetwater. The Fishing was great! The catching was a different story. I had a great time with my son. I even let him drive the Yak and lived to talk about it. I did beat the skunk with one pike.

NJ Fish & Game was supposed to stock trout at the Hammonton lake Thursday. They could of fooled me! I was there Thursday and today and didn't see one caught. What's up with that? I don't mean to rag on them but if they say they're gonna stock they should stock or refund the trout stamp!

Yeah Right!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Fished the sod banks from 3 am til 7 am last night managing 2 short stripers and a few blues at sunrise. Moved to the inlet for the top of the tide and outgoing and did nothing and saw nothing caught.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
PRETTY good morning,finally got a bass on a surface popper after trying for past week ,a 27" fish. Pick up 3 more on bucktails.
Got 13 fluke with 5 keepers in the 19-20" range
looks like things are about to heat up
Still searching for that first weakie,maybe tomorrow ??

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sandshark nice catch

I was also fishing behind OC tonight! Got a bunch of blues and a very nice size hering 15"

Got one 28 inch striper good night!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Fished plugs in the OC area tonight along the banks....

The water was very calm, almost like glass....

1 short bass... a 4 pound blue... lost another somethin'...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Fished the banks last night, no wind, plenty of fish busting, but as usual out of range, especialy since I didn't bring the yak. Weather was a little iffy for that chance. Saw one short bass caught, i got a couple of blues and there was some herring around. All in all a slow night, stopped at another spot on the way home and only caught one blue for my efforts. Skeeters are back too. Maybe again later this week but if not I'll be out again next week. Good luck everyone. I think the big boys are up in the rivers spawning and the bigger blues amy have cleared out back to the ocean. Keep us informed. Keith the bagman

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hooked4life nice to see some production! been dieing to get out in the back there. Ended up down there late sunday chased a group of slurpers but nothing i had they were taking. Gave up and took the boat back to tennesee ave! Another night another time the way i left it.

[ 05-18-2004, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: HarborNights ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FYI-
State DEP closes Peck Bay in Ocean City
By RICHARD DEGENER Staff Writer, (609) 463-6711, E-Mail/Press of Atlantic City

OCEAN CITY - The state Department of Environmental Protection on Friday closed Peck Bay to crabbing, fishing and shellfish harvesting after state workers taking routine water samples suffered symptoms of skin irritation.

DEP spokeswoman Elaine Makatura said the workers also noticed odors and discoloration of the water and sediments in the bay that spans part of Ocean City and Upper Township. The agency is conducting tests and also sent sediment samples to the federal Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, for further study.

"This is a precautionary closure due to a report of skin irritation by Department of Fish and Wildlife workers. The workers were doing routine sampling for shellfisheries purposes," Makatura said.

The waters collected by the DEP's Bureau of Marine Water Monitoring did not detect any toxic phytoplankton species. Makatura said Pfiesteria, a marine microbe that has been traced to fish kills in some East Coast states, "is not a concern." There are, however, other marine organisms that can cause algal blooms and be irritating to the skin. The waters will be closed "until further notice" pending the results of sediment samples taken from the bay floor.

The closure ordered by DEP Commissioner Bradley Campbell begins at the 34th Street Bridge and runs north to an imaginary line crossing the bay from Shooting Island in Ocean City to Golders Point in Upper Township. Campbell had the authority to order the closure to protect the public health from crabs, finfish and shellfish "that may be subject to pollution."

The shallow-bay includes shellfishing areas that are open year-round and some, closer to Ocean City, that are open to seasonal harvesting during the winter. All these areas are now closed to shellfish harvesting. The state does routine water testing partly to make sure shellfish beds are not polluted. It is too early to tell if this is a pollution incident. As of Friday evening, Makatura said the state has no idea what caused the symptoms the workers suffered.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Harbor im still intresting in fishing with you if you wanna go out sometime this week LMK! There is still action at night time!

·
Registered
483 Posts
hooked4life my kid has suffered a broken arm and needs surgery i dont think i can make it this week but if i do decide to get down i will drop u an email! drop me a line 856-629-1231

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
FINALLY

Yup got into the tidies tonight. Perfect tide , perfect night as the wind sat down nice. Had some repeat conditions same as last year and bingo.

NOAA got it wrong again, planned for that. Two slot bass, both back in and had a 9 and 11 pound tidie. Two more hickories for stripping as well, a couple of blues in between. No small weakies seen at all??

Certainly not the best spring however for me so far compard to others. The numbers of bass and weakies just seem way down to me at least. Nice to see those big trout again, man can they fight!!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
im sorry to hear that Harbor i think my buddy and I are going out around corson's tonight to try our luck. But ill give you a call sometime this week and see whats up!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by MakoBill:
NightStrikes,
Any update on Pecks Bay closure?
Thanks,
MakoBill
MakoBill,
Nothing Since the Weekend, As Soon As I
Hear Something I Will Pass It Along Here......

·
Registered
782 Posts
After seeing a bunch of birds working spearing I decided to try a cape may jetty around sunset beach last night at high tide. Dogfish, dogfish and more dogfish. The only thing safe were my plastics. Looks like it's time to break out the bobbers.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts