BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets,BackBays & Bridges....
By Boat or By Land- It's All Good....
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------_

This week takes us to Memorial Day, What !!
Memorial Day Already,Where Did Spring Go ?
Did We Have A Spring ?, I hav'nt caught nearly
enough fish yet, I will blame the weather :D
Oh-Bye the way this weeks weather - Rain & Wind.

Good Luck To Everyone Wetting A Line This Week.

Thanks,,,

·
Registered
277 Posts
Was out behind LBI for a few hours Saturday afternoon, but didn't do any good. Talked to a few people who got the skunk as well. Have to give it a try again this weekend.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Fished both days this past weekend had good days. Caught 6 short bass and 7 blues up to 8lbs on plastics and plugs. Sun my son caught 5 bass and 3 blues and I caught 4 blues. Out going tide from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm both days. Bill

·
Registered
789 Posts
Tried for fluke for the first time this season, up north in the Shark River. Slow start as we boated a total of 7, with one 18" keeper. Tried a 1 oz. bucktail with no luck. All fish were caught on hi-lo rigs with killies, in 10-14 feet of water.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
out and about this evening ,, caught all the big blues we could handle on white bucktails and pink zooms ,, fish were between 6 and 8 # each ,, what a pretty nite , didn't see much else caught ,, still amazes me the way some people feel about bluefish,, they wouldn't walk ten feet to catch a blue ,, but these were really nice fish,, had a great time

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Fished from 9-1230 tonight...had a ride n everything!...Anyway bluefish is the word again 4 tonight...Their were some stripers but I couldnt get away from the blues...all on yozuri crystal minnow...bboy when the tide started goin out it was RIPPIN'....

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Had a fishing marathon yesterday, went drumfishing with Captain John sowerby of Caveman sportfishing, from 3pm till 11pm, this was the trip that we raffled off to raise money for my son Jacob for his medical needs, the trip was won by shakey from the barn, the trip was Ok we had 3 drum hooked and boated 2 of them. they were both pups that lived to fight another day, it was nice to meet those guys, 2 of which lost their Drumfish cherry yesterday, the captain and mate worked very hard to provide a good trip for the winners of the trip, the fish just didnt cooperate to well for us, after the trip i headed to a spot in south jersey where i have been getting some nice weakfish at the bottom of the tide, and they didnt dissapoint me, i landed 2 weakfish, 1 female about 30inches, and i kept 1 male 31 inches, 9.25lbs, i also caught 3 stripers, one short, one 26inch slot was released, and i kept a 36 inch fish, approximately 15lbs, all fish were caught in the last hour of the outgoing tide, and the first half hour of the incoming, this bite has been pretty consistent for me the last 3 times down, not alot of fish, but some really nice ones, all fish were caught on 1/8 oz jig heads with 5 3/4 inch ice shad finesse.

·
Registered
311 Posts
behind OC, monday AM

Lookin' for trout and bass in the am, flukin' a bit when the sun got up too high.

Flukin Dave schooled me.

I got 2 short stripers,
Dave got a really fat slot.

I got god knows how many microfluke and 1 keeper.
Dave got 5 keepers (one pretty nice one)

Fin-s for the bass, bucktails for the fluke. The electric motor got a workout.

Good thing I brought Dave, I seem to have lost the ability to fish!

·
Registered
351 Posts
~Fished CISP yesterday. I got six short flounder, four blues up to "23, and a fat starfish :confused: . All were caught on mackerel and one blue on white fin-s. I had alot of big blues hit and had one that was taking me all over the place. Turned out to be a nice day. No wind! :D My dad also had a small striper on and got a 20in. herring on white fin-s.~

:cool:

[ 05-25-2005, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Fin-S Fisherman ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...ATLANTIC NJ-ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY NJ-CAPE MAY NJ- COASTAL ATLANTIC NJ-COASTAL OCEAN NJ-EASTERN MONMOUTH NJ-OCEAN NJ- SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON NJ-WESTERN MONMOUTH NJ-
... A COASTAL FLOOD WARNING IS IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING ALONG THE NEW JERSEY COAST...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY HAS ISSUED A COASTAL FLOOD WARNING FOR THE NEW JERSEY COAST THROUGH THIS EVENING.

A PESKY AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL CONTINUE TO MEANDER OFF THE MIDDLE ATLANTIC COAST TONIGHT. THIS STORM WILL KEEP A PERSISTENT NORTH TO NORTHEAST WIND ALONG THE NEW JERSEY COAST, RESULTING IN HIGHER THAN NORMAL TIDE LEVELS. IN ADDITION, HIGH SEAS WILL LIKELY CAUSE SOME ADDITIONAL BEACH EROSION.

THE COMBINATION OF THE PERSISTENT ONSHORE WIND, AND THIS EVENINGS ASTRONOMICAL HIGH TIDE ASSOCIATED WITH THE FULL MOON, WILL RESULT IN AREAS OF MINOR TO MODERATE TIDAL FLOODING TONIGHT. THIS EVENINGS HIGH TIDE WILL BE A LITTLE HIGHER THAN LAST EVENINGS HIGH TIDE, THEREFORE MORE AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE MODERATE TIDAL FLOODING. FOR THIS REASON, A COASTAL FLOOD WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED. REPORTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED OF SOME ROADS BEING CLOSED DUE TO FLOODING WITH LEVELS BEING THE HIGHEST IN A YEAR, ESPECIALLY IN EASTERN MONMOUTH AND CAPE MAY COUNTIES.

FOR SANDY HOOK, THIS EVENINGS HIGH TIDE OCCURS AT 9:59 PM. THE TIDE LEVEL IS FORECAST TO BE AROUND 8.0 FEET ABOVE MEAN LOWER LOW WATER DURING THIS TIME.

FOR THE SEASIDE HEIGHTS OCEANFRONT, THIS EVENINGS HIGH TIDE OCCURS AT 9:29 PM. THE TIDE LEVEL IS FORECAST TO BE 7.5 TO 8.0 FEET ABOVE MEAN LOWER LOW WATER DURING THIS TIME.

FOR THE ATLANTIC CITY OCEANFRONT, THIS EVENINGS HIGH TIDE OCCURS AT 9:38 PM. THE TIDE LEVEL IS FORECAST TO BE AROUND 7.5 FEET ABOVE MEAN LOWER LOW WATER DURING THIS TIME.

FOR THE CAPE MAY OCEANFRONT, THIS EVENINGS HIGH TIDE OCCURS AT 10:06 PM. THE TIDE LEVEL IS FORECAST TO BE AROUND 8.0 FEET ABOVE MEAN LOWER LOW WATER DURING THIS TIME.

HIGH TIDE OCCURS LATER ON THE BACK BAYS THAN ON THE OCEANFRONT.

AS THE TIDE APPROACHES MODERATE, THE LIKELIHOOD OF MORE WIDESPREAD ROADWAY FLOODING TYPICALLY OCCURS. AS A RESULT OF THIS, SOME ACCESS ROADS ALONG THE NEW JERSEY COAST MAY BE CLOSED FOR A TIME TONIGHT. AN IMPORTANT REMINDER, DO NOT DRIVE AROUND BARRICADES, THE WATER MAY BE DEEPER THAN YOU THINK IT IS. BE SURE NOT TO LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE AT A LOCATION THAT IS PRONE TO TIDAL FLOODING....

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Tried for weakies the past few days and came up empty handed, But the blues are saving the day.Got some of the biggest blues I've ever caught from the rocks this past weekend,several pushing 10 lbs but most around 3 lbs.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Wow youve quite an arsenal a wood strikes

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
out and about last nite ,, found some real nice blues again ,, had one 35" fish over 10 #, it was a great nite ,, and those tides have been incredible ,, the rest of the blues were 24 to 28 " fish,, all on pink and white bucktail,,

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Decided to test waters last evening after all the tide, wind and rain. Lots of flotsom and jetsom but clarity was good. Got a 22in.flattie and a bunch of blues.

Had the whole place to ourselves last night. No wind and a beautiful sunset. Fitting way to begin tourist season.

BEAUTIFUL DAY OUT THERE RIGHT NOW...C'MON DOWN!!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Went out at 9 last night, I figure it was worth the shot after all the crappy weather. Guess what? It was worth it! pulled up to the firs bridge one cast 1-34" next cast 23". This kept up for 1 hour. One bass for every 2-3 casts. Largest was 36" all FAT and very clean looking. These fish felt like they came right out of a cooler full of ice. H2O was 54-55 deg. as the tide started to go out the grass came with it so we packed up. No blues No weaks.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Originally posted by candyman:

Had the whole place to ourselves last night.

BEAUTIFUL DAY OUT THERE RIGHT NOW...C'MON DOWN!!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY
might be the last time you can say that for a few months :rolleyes:
Gonna give it a shot early Sat. am then stay away from the crowds.
Have a good weekend guys.Be safe> Let's hope the flatties pick up

ps wish I could come on down right now. Work sucks

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...ATLANTIC NJ-ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY NJ-BERKS PA-BUCKS PA-CAMDEN NJ- CAPE MAY NJ-CARBON PA-CAROLINE MD-CECIL MD-CHESTER PA- COASTAL ATLANTIC NJ-COASTAL OCEAN NJ-CUMBERLAND NJ-DELAWARE PA- DELAWARE BEACHES DE-EASTERN MONMOUTH NJ-GLOUCESTER NJ-HUNTERDON NJ- INLAND SUSSEX DE-KENT MD-KENT DE-LEHIGH PA-MERCER NJ-MIDDLESEX NJ- MONROE PA-MONTGOMERY PA-MORRIS NJ-NEW CASTLE DE-NORTHAMPTON PA- NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON NJ-OCEAN NJ-PHILADELPHIA PA-QUEEN ANNE'S MD- SALEM NJ-SOMERSET NJ-SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON NJ-SUSSEX NJ-TALBOT MD- WARREN NJ-WESTERN MONMOUTH NJ- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... ALLENTOWN... ATLANTIC CITY... BETHLEHEM... CAMDEN... DOVER... NEW BRUNSWICK... NEWARK... PERTH AMBOY... PHILADELPHIA... READING... TRENTON... VINELAND AND WILMINGTON 413 AM EDT FRI MAY 27 2005
... SLIGHT RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING...

THE COMBINATION OF THE RETURN OF THE SUN... AN APPROACHING COLD FRONT AND JET STREAM AND COLDER THAN NORMAL TEMPERATURES ALOFT WILL HELP PRODUCE SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS LATER TODAY. A COUPLE OF THE STRONGER THUNDERSTORMS WILL HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO PRODUCE DAMAGING WIND GUSTS AND SOME SMALL HAIL. THAT IS THE REASON THAT THE STORM PREDICTION CENTER IN NORMAN OKLAHOMA HAS PLACED EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA... WESTERN NEW JERSEY AND NORTHERN PARTS OF THE DELMARVA PENINSULA IN A SLIGHT RISK FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS.

THUNDERSTORMS WILL NEED THE DAYTIME HEATING TO FORM AND THIS SHOULD NOT OCCUR UNTIL THE AFTERNOON. MOISTURE IS EXPECTED TO BE LIMITED AND THUS THE STORMS ARE NOT EXPECTED TO BE WIDESPREAD. ALSO THE STORMS SHOULD BE MOVING QUICKLY AND FLOODING IS NOT LIKELY.

SINCE THE STORMS TODAY NEED THE SUN TO START... THEY SHOULD DISSIPATE QUICKLY THIS EVENING....

-----------------------------------------------
Other Then A Pop-Up T-Storm,It Looks Like It Will Be A Decent Memorial Day Weekend...
Light W to SW Winds..Time To Go Fishing

[ 05-27-2005, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
792 Posts
Worked the dock lights the last two nights with Striperboy16. One BIG Blue on Thursday and the first striped one of the summer on Friday night.

Here is Striperboy16 with the Blue.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts