BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------

Dog Day's of Summer Already-Nah-Can't Be.....
But with daytime air temps in the 90's and
backbay water temps reaching 70 and to now
have to break out the Deet after dark-I don't
Know..-Did We Have Spring Fishery ?
NaDa for me over the weekend in the back,
a little Surf Tour.kept me busy...But I
am Looking To Get Back into it this week
before the onslaught of crowds onto the
Islands this coming weekend.....

Everyone Have A Great Week and Hopefully Enjoy
A Day off on Memorial Day..
Cateh'Em Up.....

Townsends Inlet

[ 05-24-2004, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Went behind SIC markers 344 to 350 on Saturday noon to 4PM. Not a thing, saw two short flaties caught.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by coboled:
Went behind SIC markers 344 to 350 on Saturday noon to 4PM. Not a thing, saw two short flaties caught.
Coboled,
Thanks For That Fishing Report...
A Blated Welcome to the BassBarn.Com,
Glad To Have You Aboard...................

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
caught some fluke in GB by the fishfactory on 5/23 on the last 2 hours of high tide, 1 hour of low. I love em fried fluke sandwich w/tomato and mayo.

·
Registered
723 Posts
johnny d glad to see u got on some fish did u get them from shore or boat? fished capemay area last night caught blues and herring all night no weakies at all.i think it might be time to find so new spots further north.

[ 05-25-2004, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: CLAMCHUNKER ]

·
Registered
186 Posts
Fished OC area last night for a little more than an hour...

1 small hit... nothing else... quiet..

Weighed that 36"er from the other night...20 lbs.. fat

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by snapper4:

Weighed that 36"er from the other night...20 lbs.. fat
Very Nice Fish There Snapper4,Thanks for
the Report............

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Congradulations to Bob Sales(fellow distance caster) 12 year grandson, Charlie, for catching and landing a 50 inch, 45lb striped bass right in the South Jersey surf!!! It was wieghed in at one of the local tackle shops so I'll have a picture as soon as I get one. Way to go Charlie - you caught a fish of a life time!!!

Take a kid fishin!!!

[ 05-25-2004, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Ardmore Bill ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great To Hear That Bill,,,,
Can't Wait For The Pictures,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks,,,

·
Registered
376 Posts
To all the barn members that know me just stopping in to say hello. The fishing down here has been phenomenol ?? I have consistently mauling the trout and snook down here. For instance this past Sunday I went 5 for 8 with snook and 3 for 3 with trout. The biggest being 31in and 27in respectively. I also have picked up a considerable amount of flatties, yet I never target them they just happen just like they did for me back in Jersey. Fiahing the salt down here is nothing like up there main thing is I were shorts and a sleeveless shirt,(neoprenes are not an issue) stay warm all day and night, and the bugs have been pretty light so far. Oh yeah it is only 8 miles to the gulf stream if you choose to pursue your big game species. Have a safe holiday weekend I know your shore towns are about to pick-up down here all the winter birds are on there way up north so things are looking to get better. Well I gotta go cause the computer is acting up again so until next time.

FLORIDA RULES

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Adam, What's Up Buddy,
Glad To Hear From You....
I am so jealous,FLA is the Bomb...
Its Great To Hear You Are Taking It To Them...
Keep Checking Back In With Us,.
I always love to hear about what's happening
elsewhere.....

Take Care and Have A Great Holiday ..

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Clamchucker,
I was fishing from my boat. I dock at Rands on 7 bridges. It felt good to catch some fish after catching the skunk on Saturday. The fluke action is starting to heat up in GB. I wish I could fish capemay/wildwood area more often. I used to fish that area when I was at Rowan U. in Glassboro. I used to go on the Miss capemay and Miss chris all the time for bass and to the fort for weakies. If you ever want to go fishing up my way shoot me a email. How about I'll trade you a fluke trip for some fresh herring? Fluke love them herring strips. :D

Johnny d

[ 05-25-2004, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: johnny d ]

·
Registered
723 Posts
johnny not a bad idea except for the herring thing i havent fished for them in a few years now . but maybe we can work something out .

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Adam,

I'm glad to hear you are doing well & everything worked out for you...We destroyed the drum on the Down Deep and Capt. Greg was asking about you and told the story of your mongo drum. Thanks for checking in.

Best wishes,
Mike

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yesterday the tiderunners finally turned up. They started biting after the turn of the tide around noon (so much for the early bird catching the worm). I landed two (29" & 31") lost a couple and saw numerous others caught. White leadhead with pink Fin'S did the trick. The pesky blues were also around (only pesky when big weaks are around). General location was the bay behind Barngat inlet.

BTW, generally speaking does anyone know how much a 31" weakie weighs? <p>

·
Registered
912 Posts
I caught one that was 30 inches but had a I think a 15- 16 inch girth so that would help with the weight but I would guess around 9 lbs.

Nice catch

Brian

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Go Gordon:

BTW, generally speaking does anyone know how much a 31" weakie weighs? <p>
Here is a Great Little Cyber Tool,Especially
For Catch&Release,Just Remember to Get The
Girth Size along with the Length of the Fish.
Check It Out:
Fish Weight Calculator

·
Registered
276 Posts
We landed a 31-1/2" about three weeks ago and weighted it in at The Hodge Podge--11.11 lbs. It was as fat as the stripers we had.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts