BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------

TideRunners???, Yeah Man We Got Our's ;)
Some Nice SouthJersey Weakfish Showed Up In
Our Spots Over The Last Few Day's....
Myself and Ronny had them in the 8-10lb Class.
Got To Love It On Light Action Rods/Reels..

Everyone Have A Great Week, The Un-Official Start
of Summer Has Started....

Take Care,,

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Over the weekend I found sporadic 2 lb. blues in the back bay and one short but heavy bass.
Late night surf clam chucking got my brother his first ever fish - a 40" sandshark. It was funny to see him fight it and beach it...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I fishes the back bay of Brigantine and had a solid catch. We caught 15 fluke 5 keepers (largest 20")and 8 blues to 3 lbs. Should get better soon. I may make a Mako run soon.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Steve,

That weakie you are holding looks about 12 lbs very nice fish. I heard Ron's voice Sunday night but was fishing down from him, were you with him. Very Slow incoming tide, no action, very quite. Was throwing mirror lures, NADA.

Got into some nice Tog 6.5 and 5 lber off the beach over the weekend and scored some nice kingies as well. Stripers seemed to turn off with the NW winds.

Tog on clam and kingies on blood's outgoing tides

Steve,

I heard Ron's voice Sunday night but was fishing down from him, were you with him.

No, I took Sunday Night Off....
Ronny ended up that night with just a
32"Bass on MirrOlure,No Runner's.He
had a Very Good Night with them on Friday Ngt..

[ 06-01-2004, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Nice fish Steve! I'm heading down tonight
around 1 am to catch the incoming. We'll be hitting the back in my boat.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Great fish pic's,congrats can"t wait to catch my first pretty fish of the season.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
out in the CISP area tonite ,, had to wait out those thunderstorms ,, then went after them ,, all we found were blues and it took some doing to find them ,, or they found us ,, great nite ,, nice rainbow ,, nice moon ,, nice fox,,

·
Registered
186 Posts
ditto what ^^^ he said....

did see a bass smack my plug on the surface under the light of the moon... but no hookup...

great night out.... tide was real high... slight breeze...no bugs..

ah well.. will be busy 'till next week...no fish for me.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Never got out Tues. night had to take mother-in-law to hospital. Seems like not much was going on.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Got out last night after the rain. Put in the back with the yak around 12AM and wandered along some banks. Only got one blue for that effort. Wandered down to CISP for the tide change and got another blue and then on my next to last cast, a 25" slot hit my black mirror lure. Thank god, had to work hard for that one. Light was starting in then east and the moon had just set. Fellow I was fishing with said fish would hit after the moon had set. Man he was right and now I have a good dinner tonight. Thanks man whoever you are. Nice Dagger yak. Rich it was good to see you last night hope you fared better later. See you all soon. Keith the bagman

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Got out for about an hour or so yesterday just before dark. Top water(yozuri mag popper) Got1 @26" just before dark. Tide was super high and loaded with horny horseshoe crabs that were humpin on my boots the whole time. they give me the creeps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Steve,
What was the length of that weakfish you were
holding in the picture? I fished behind O.C.
early Saturday morning and picked up a 32" weak
that weighed 12.25 lbs. and it looked shorter
than yours.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Bagman:
I was "that guy" you were talking to last night.
I'm glad you hooked up with the bass. If you didn't believe me about the fish and the moon, just follow the behavior of your wife or girlfriend as the moon gets near full. When the moon is up (day or nite) they will become quiet and sulk. Once that moon sets they will become more like themselves opening their mouths and ready to feed.

"THE CAPT"

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
FISHCOUNSELOR:
Sorry for the double post (brain cramp)
You are correct it is me. Hope to hook up with you and the judge A.S.A.P.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Originally posted by CAPTKIRK:
Once that moon sets they will become more like themselves opening their mouths and ready to feed.

"THE CAPT"
:D :D :D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Captkirk,
Keep in touch and send me an e-mail when you get ready to go out again, would like to hook up with you in the yak. Again, nice to meet you. Keith the bagman

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
OK CaptKirk ,, we've been doing ok ,, but the judge says its yakkin time ,, heading to vermont for a week or so then back for a couple ,, we will hook up ,, but i'll have to rest up for one of your all-niters,, :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
I put in a lot of fishing time the last few nights and nothing more than 2 small bass and a bunch of blues...no tiderunners. Keith, both the bass I caught were on the night I ran into you, got them in the last 10 minutes of the night while walking back to my truck. Wanted to stay longer but couldn't. Glad you landed dinner.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Started out behind WWC looking for some flatties last night but nadda. Moved out to the CM inlet and ran into bird play and a ton of blues busting on top around 6:30 which provided us with some steady action for a while. Then moved down the beach throwing plastic into the jetties looking for some weakies, but the full moon incoming tide was ripping and not in our favor. Anyway, we ended the night with an icy cold corona watching an awesome sunset at the point with only the bluefish to account for our trip. High tide was unbelievable back at BZL. Saw a lot of boats with their bow lines looking like a tight rope. :eek: ....striper13

1 - 20 of 31 Posts