BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------

I picked up another nice Weakie the other night
on Pink Zoom...
Saw a few more bigger caught.Also found some under
the lights that wouldn't touch my offering,then
as soon as the water turned to mud during the
out-going tide they dissapeared into the depths.
Bass action was non-existent along my favorite
Sodbanks...

Everyone Have A Great Week...

[ 05-13-2004, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Killed the blues in the last 2hrs of outgoing on the GB today. They hit plastic and metal in 3-6ft. Caught a 10 lb 4oz weakie in the same area on a plug and 1 keeper fluke off a bucktail. The tide change slowed the fishing a lot. Also blew my tilt gear, so blame that little oil slick on me :mad: Will try again tomorrow or tues.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Nothing but blues for me today. Great conditions along the sods at dusk, only a decent sunset was in the cards. Had one really good run-off on a bellie but got caught with my pants down fishing too many rods. Oh well. Tiderunners will be here this week.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Would love some one to get out with in the back i am ready! Just looking for that eager fishing buddy to join me! Would love to put in at OC with ya steve and do some cruiseing to some spots. Drop me a line when your avalable. Baseball coaching has been killing me. Nights look good. Was hopeing to get down during the week this week. anyone?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You have to work really hard for weakies, they are not a lot around and hopefully they are on their way. We fished Frid- Sun night, only Blues kept us busy and Herring will hit on teaser very well. Couple of the guys fished Sun in the rip and came back with major case of wind burn.
Over all is was not a very good fishing weekend, but hopefully the best is on its way.
Good luck Guys S.D

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...ATLANTIC NJ-ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY NJ-- CAPE MAY NJ-- COASTAL ATLANTIC NJ-COASTAL OCEAN NJ-DELAWARE PA- DELAWARE BEACHES DE-EASTERN MONMOUTH NJ-OCEAN 1136 AM EDT MON MAY 10 2004
... SOME SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING...

THE STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS PLACED THE AREA IN A SLIGHT RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS FOR THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

A WARM FRONT OVER THE MIDDLE ATLANTIC REGION WILL CONTINUE TO DRIFT NORTH TODAY, ALLOWING WARMER AND INCREASINGLY MORE HUMID AIR TO OVERSPREAD THE AREA. AS A RESULT, THE ATMOSPHERE WILL BECOME MORE UNSTABLE... ALLOWING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS TO BEGIN DEVELOPING THIS AFTERNOON. THE THREAT OF THESE THUNDERSTORMS WILL CONTINUE INTO THE EVENING HOURS.

SOME OF THE THUNDERSTORMS COULD TURN SEVERE AND PRODUCE LARGE HAIL, AND STRONG GUSTY WINDS. ANY THUNDERSTORM WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING FREQUENT CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING AND LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL. REMAIN ALERT IF THUNDERSTORMS APPROACH YOUR AREA, AND BE PREPARED TO TAKE SHELTER IMMEDIATELY IF A WARNING IS ISSUED FOR YOUR LOCATION....

·
Registered
233 Posts
fished sunday night low tide, no bites but lots of bird action for about an hour in ge inlet.
To windy and rough to get out side. Saw some blue action around the jetty. Headed back to the bay and water was a mud slick. Will be out and about in the afternoon the rest of the week in ocean city area.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Harbor im always down for fishing behind OC its my home bay. LMK

Here is a picture from sunday night in the DE BAy using surf clam!

[ 05-10-2004, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Hooked4Life ]

·
Registered
483 Posts
sweet fish! Well drop me a line and we can do some plugging from my cobia 18 footer some time soon mostly at night i go. [email protected] drop me an email we can hook up and slam some fish i love to get down some time this week.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Behind OC in boat.
One 26" bass in the daytime on a pink zoom. Some blues mixed in.
No fluke.
Beautiful weather, not so very many fish.
It's gotta start soon.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Out and about tonite,, cape may area,, we were looking for weakies,, none found ,, none seen,,ended the nite with 5 stripers 28" to 22",,
and a bunch of blues,, but not a weakie in sight for us,,great nite though,, water seems to be a little cold on the incoming

·
Registered
186 Posts
fished OC area.... usually catch the top of outgoing, but caught the end of it tonight...

saw about a dozen others fishing tonight...

caught 1 blue on a teaser above a Hopkins spoon and then later a small bass on the spoon itself..... lol.. I got all the usual bass plugs and I catch it on this..

anyways..good fun on light tackle..

·
Registered
908 Posts
Went out behind O.C. last night with a couple
friends. We had a bunch of blues and a 29"
striper. No weakies though...still waiting for my
first. The blues sure know how to destroy a bomber.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Fished the incomming at CISP last night water was really off for an incoming tide-very cold and not so much weedy but more of a scum floating through and not really muddy but more like cloudy. Got a few blues but nothing else.
OH BTW the sharks are in (BIG :eek: !) Watch your stringers!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Fished thursday and friday. Snapper blues behind Ocean City , hit them trolling 5" inch rapalas in the back waters. A blast on light tackle. Also hooked some nice flounder behind OC between 34 and 52. Drifted about 1.5 knots using 5/16 shad darts with white tail, big fat minnow and a small strip of mackerel. They were hitting hard, ended with 3 nice keepers.

[ 05-12-2004, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Harbor im going out today for flatties but the rest of the week is free for me you can call me at 609-513-2027 or ill try and drop you and e-mail looks like everyone is having decent reports behind OC i might even go out tonight in the whaler and test my luck even though the tide isn't working with me!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...ATLANTIC NJ-BUCKS PA-CAMDEN NJ-CAPE MAY NJ-CAROLINE MD-CECIL MD- CHESTER PA-CUMBERLAND NJ-DELAWARE PA-GLOUCESTER NJ-HUNTERDON NJ- INLAND SUSSEX DE-KENT MD-KENT DE-MERCER NJ-MIDDLESEX NJ- MONTGOMERY PA-NEW CASTLE DE-NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON NJ-OCEAN NJ- PHILADELPHIA PA-QUEEN ANNE'S MD-SALEM NJ-SOMERSET NJ- SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON NJ-WESTERN MONMOUTH NJ- 1110 AM EDT WED MAY 12 2004
... UNSEASONABLY HOT AND HUMID CONDITIONS THIS AFTERNOON...

HIGH PRESSURE ACROSS THE WESTERN ATLANTIC WILL CONTINUE TO CIRCULATE A VERY WARM AND HUMID AIR MASS ACROSS THE REGION. TEMPERATURES WILL TOP OUT NEAR 90 DEGREES IN MANY AREAS, AND THIS COUPLED WITH HIGH HUMIDITY WILL CAUSE IT TO FEEL UNSEASONABLY HOT AND HUMID THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

IF SPENDING TIME OUTDOORS THIS AFTERNOON, KEEP HYDRATED BY DRINKING PLENTY OF WATER AND DRESS IS LIGHT WEIGHT LIGHT COLORED CLOTHES. TAKE FREQUENT BREAKS IN THE SHADE AND IF POSSIBLE, SEEK A BUILDING WHICH IS AIR CONDITIONED. ALSO, MAKE SURE PETS ARE KEPT INDOORS AND ARE PROVIDED WITH PLENTY OF WATER.

WITH THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY IN PLACE, LITTLE RELIEF CAN BE EXPECTED AS ANY THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY SHOULD BE ISOLATED THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

IF TEMPERATURES HIT 90 DEGREES THIS AFTERNOON AT THE PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, IT WOULD BE THE FIRST TIME THIS SEASON....

·
Registered
912 Posts
Went and fished at barnaget light house area and hit one blue about 2-3 lbs on a pink fin-S fish. I only fished for about 15 minutes then the storms hit and I left. I will try again tomorrow and see.

Brian

·
Registered
126 Posts
Went out tonight fished the in the GB! Caught 1 20" bass and 2 blues within an hour then the tide just slacked off and it sucked went in and called it a night! Be out there once the high tide gets a litte later!

Also i went into dolfin dock today and saw a guy with a weakfish nothing big but still a good sign that they are in the bay. I think it was like 15-16 inches just bearly a keeper.

[ 05-13-2004, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

1 - 20 of 41 Posts