BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets,BackBays & Bridges....
By Boat or By Land- It's All Good....
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------_

Middle of June already and the fishing is getting pretty good for all species...Big Fish Too,Reports of almost a 15Lb Fluke and 51lb Bass
around our area really gets the juices flowing.
Don't forget this coming Sunday is Father's Day,
Take Dad Fishing............

With reports of Big Bass starting to be caught along and off the beaches,now is the time to target a Large if you want a chance at one.These
Big Girls are migrating now out of the skinny water and Northward toward their Summer grounds
up in cooler water off New England...
Odds will drop as the days go by into Summer,then
the next chance will not be until the Fall Run
when they pass by again heading south for winter.

These fish are hungry so break out the Big Baits
and Plugs and go for a fish of a lifetime....

I didn't get a chance to do any surf fishing over the weekend,work kept me busy.But I did mangage a little backbay action the other night
with my friend Ron aboard our Ocean Amubush Kayak.Last time out with had almost perfect conditions with No Wind, well this time we battled a stiff SW Wind and with a little later
start to fish the out-going water then expected we didn't fair as well.. If was tuff to hold our
spots and work them properly..We beached it once
and walked some banks.We also put our trolling motor to test with these conditions and were very pleased with the results...
We caught some short Bass and did some exploring.
Every time out we learn something new and are getting the hang of this new way of fishing for us...
Till The Next Time.,,,

Everyone have a great fishing week,

later,,

[ 06-13-2005, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
908 Posts
I got back out for the first of the outgoing last
night from 1-2:30am. The bass weren't as active
on the surface as my last trip, but they still
couldn't resist the slow swim of the bomber. I
landed 4 bass...21", 2-24", and a 26". Not much
size, but a relaxing trip. The water temp was a
few degrees cooler, running between 56-58 degrees.

·
Registered
114 Posts
late report, but wanted to let all know that there are no flounder to be had in the ICW behind NWW. Myself and numerous other boats had a real slow pick on the flounder. Maybe it was the w#$d, the boat traffic, me, who knows. Fished Turtle Creek, the ICW, Grassy Sound, Dad's Place for 4 hours w/ 1 throwback. Anyone w/ similar "success"?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
JohnnieM...same for me on Friday...same areas...too windy for many places...won't have much time to fish for awhile...sniff sniff

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
SIC REPORT

Fished the entire flood tide and caught about 8 blues,four keeper fluke 16 3/4",17 1/2",20",and a 21".Got about 6 short fluke,all on 3/8-1/2 oz jigs tipped with minnies.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Fished North Wildwood this afternoon
where the drainpipe is on the beach..
Their were somelittte birds workin the bait
in knee deep water...took a couple casts..
nothing then my lil bro who was with me
gets slammed....fought for about 10 solid mins
while their was a crowd watching him.....
I was thinking...why isnt his line moving anywhere???...followed his line out and
he was snagged on the pipe......
almost drowned laughing so hard

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
Sounds like a bridge Kid fish

[ 06-13-2005, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Spooled ]

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Tough pickings today with all that wind.Fished dead-low an the incoming in Tuckerton Bay.Only 5 keepers but must have had 30 shorts.Never seen so many tiny fish,had many that only went about 6",hard to believe they can swallow a jighead with large minnie on it.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
It was a bridge kid junior fish :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Steve,

I was around and saw your jeep. Sorry I missed you only had blues couldnt even get under them and fish slowly. They were on everything. So I saw your trailer. Is that specifically for the yak? If so, were can you pick one of those up and how much do they run. Kinda tough putting a rack on the jeep, especially with the top on and off.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm new to the barn, but I'm sure I've met a lot of your guys before. Went out back Sat night with casting disaster. He got two nice bass (24" and 28"), I caught one decent blue.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Went out early today for another shot at Tuckerton Bay fluke.Fished the last 3 hours of outgoing,got 7 keepers,still tons of shorts.Tried to go back out on the change,but the wind kicked up to a steady 20 knots,and made it impossible to fish.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by fishwrangler:
Steve,

I was around and saw your jeep. Sorry I missed you only had blues couldnt even get under them and fish slowly. They were on everything. So I saw your trailer. Is that specifically for the yak? If so, were can you pick one of those up and how much do they run. Kinda tough putting a rack on the jeep, especially with the top on and off.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
Tom, Yeah I Am Sorry I Miss You As Well Buddy...
No, we were looking for a kayak trailer a used one but to no avail..So I decided to buy a brand new Load-Rite Trailer,its really for a WaveRunner or small boat,but with a little adjustment with the bunks it fits the yak of ours perfectly..

But you are right,the problem with our JEEPS are
putting a strong enough rack on top and then dealing with the hassle of taking it on and off.Plus for the Price of the racks we were able to get a New Trailer ($500.00)which was alot less
in the end even after tax and registration...

Take Care,

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks Bgsdad and Steve for the info.

I have been really looking into a yak and just want to be ready for all the cost's and accessories I will need to lug it around.

Does anyone know, if at all, how benificial the foot paddle system is? I saw one and it looks pretty easy to manuver while fishing.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Fish either had lock-jaw,took a powder, or the wind wasn't to their liking,tough day only 4 keepers for 2 guys.Maybe time to search for new fish in the am.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Originally posted by fishwrangler:
Thanks Bgsdad and Steve for the info.

I have been really looking into a yak and just want to be ready for all the cost's and accessories I will need to lug it around.

Does anyone know, if at all, how benificial the foot paddle system is? I saw one and it looks pretty easy to manuver while fishing.
Check with Barrell! He's the Yak guru! Rootbeer Barrell Surf & Sport in Brigatine.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts