BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets,BackBays & Bridges....
By Boat or By Land- It's All Good....
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------_
Ahh......
Summer Time Summer Time, All the Kids get out of School this week, those Blood Sucking Bugs are back and the Foxes are stealing Weakfish again.
All This Makes Up For Some Added Challenges as we do what we love to do over the next few months >FISH<...

I came across a beautiful morning and sunrise over on LBI the other day.

I picked up a few fresh bunker and caught a few bluefish that are still running in the surf.

I tried plugging for some Bass to no avail,but did hook up with a nice Striped One that tried to eat a Noggin,Tail Pinched 33"er..Back She Went.

Everyone Have A Great Fishing Week,,
"Get-R-Hooked"

[ 06-20-2005, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Fri. afternoon I found a nice rip in the Stone Harbor surf and quickly got 2 - 23" bass on a Smack-It. Tried experimenting w/ other lures.
Caught 1 more 23"er on a black bomber - fish only had one eye.
They did not touch a plain white bucktail, a Storm Wildeye or a Kastmaster - spoon type lure.
Saw a couple of fish swimming in shallow nosing clam shells.

Sat. AM took 3 surf clams to the beach. 1 - 20" bass, 1 - 3' sandshark and 1 - hard hit that bit through my line.

[ 06-20-2005, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Flynn-S. ]

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Fish are here, baitfish are here...south jerz area haha..outgoing tide...2 many stripers and blues to count..bloody mary fin-s...

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Sat nite into Sun morning, I treated myself to time to do some fishing. Since all the spots are well known, I think I can mention them. I arrived at ******* Channel at 3am and fished with a jig/white worm, nothing. When daylight came, I headed over to the new toll bridge, nothing. I then headed over to CISP, had a few worms bitten in half. I saw a bunch of turtles swimming around and a seal near the bridge. I then headed back towards ******* channel and tried the sod banks, nothing.

I'm on vacation next week and hope to hit the area with my yak a few days.

Al

[ 06-21-2005, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Went out in Tuckerton Bay yesterday.Too windy to drift right,got a few shorts,but cut the day short and went home to tackle Mt Washmore.Having some coffee now,will go out at 8 or so an fish the last of the incoming an outgoing,right now the wind seems to have layed down.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Mddletown:
its funny that akozols spots got deleted and he didnt even catch anything!
Mddletown,
Rules are the Rules,Whether You Catch Or Not Catch Posting Of Specific Spots Will Be Edited..
As I Explained To Him This Morning Via Email...

Thanks,,,

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
Originally posted by Mddletown:
It wouldn't be funny if you were fishing that area tonight and all of a sudden 30 guys show up and start catching all the fish that you had all to yourself.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Originally posted by TSStriper:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mddletown:
It wouldn't be funny if you were fishing that area tonight and all of a sudden 30 guys show up and start catching all the fish that you had all to yourself.
</font>[/QUOTE]I MADE THAT MISTAKE 2 YRS AGO...NOBODY WAS CATCHING FISH IN LATE DECEMBER AND I STARTED BRAGGIN ABOUT ALL THE FISH I WAS CATCHIN AND AWWWWW MAN THE REST IS SELF EXPLANATORY...BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU TYPE

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Went out today about 8am,beautiful morning,no wind not much of a dift.Finding keepers today was a challenge.I must have had about 30 shorts with only 6 keepers.About 1130 though the wind came up an made Tuckerton Bay look like mud,it was downhill after that.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
fished for the flatties on Monday am. 1st 3 hrs of the outgoing then wind with tide got to be too much. Even before that it sucked :( After all the heat the past week or so I woke up to 49 degrees. Hooded sweatshirt and long pants at the end of June :confused: You gotta be kidding! Today was much better(even though it was 46 degrees at 5:30 this morning) :eek: Decided to pass on the flat ones for the "clawed ones" :D
cooked up 19 crabs this afternoon

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Well I surfed this morning than got home around 2 and fished in the delaware bay with SPOOLED....report is flounder, a blue, and some nice size sharks....beats not doing anything..

·
Registered
477 Posts
Earlybird and I went out at high tide last night...tried some skinny water with this flood tide. Brent landed 3 slot sized bass in about ten minutes. After an hour and a half of fishing, the tally was: 4 him...2 me. We each lost a couple...all on the blurple bomber. Action stopped once the full moon was overhead. Nice night when you could get the wind to your back...it didn't lay down like I thought it would.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
This was taken from one of the Indian River Tackle shops:

"Congratulations to local angler, Glen Cave who landed a potentail state record tautog from the outer wall at Lewes. The massive blackfish tipped the scales at 21 pounds 4 ounces and measured 31 inches with a 23.5 inch girth. Nice Fish!!!"

I don't know much about Tog fishing but from what I've seen caught in the past, this is like a freak fish.

[ 06-22-2005, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: ReadyJettyGo ]

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Fish bite was much better today.The wind held up enough to get a decent drift.2 men,2 limits,not as many shorts.Tuckerton Bay still our hot spot.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Got chased to the north yesterday by thunderstorms and then chased back south again by another. While north we found schooly weakies. Would have left this spot anyway cause the stench from the bank can knock ya right outta the boat.
Anybody guess this spot....be my guest, there's fish there but ya may wanna wear a gas mask...peeeeeeeyewwwwwwww

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Fished outgoing last night.....10 short stripaz..all in the 18-23" range...Lost a couple that felt bigger..at leat...fun anyway...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts