BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------

Not Too Much For Me To Report From Over The
Weekend..I did spend some time in the Ocean Co.
Surf,Fishing That NorthEast Slop..Fish Were
Caught at Certin Times,Nice Ones.I rolled up
to a spot around 1AM the other Night and I
Found Green Glow Sticks All Along The Suds..
And A Big Girl Around 35lbs was Taken on
BunkerHead Shortly Before That...
I just wound up with a couple of Shorts for
My Efforts...
I did fine some Fish cruising some Shadowlines
around some bridges,looked to be some 24-28"
Bass,the wouldn't touch my offerings.During That
Time Also I Did See Some Huge BlueClaw Crabs
Swimming on top of the Water-Wish I Had My
CrabNet.....
Speaking of Bridges,, I had a real dose of
reality that night.Another Reminder that
the Summer is Here and The Crazy's Are Out...
I was finishing up and walking down off the
Bridge around 3:30AM ,when out of nowhere
a Car comes speeding over the bridge about
70-80mph,vears off the road hits the curb
then flips over 3 times and lands on the
roof about a 100yds away...I quickly call
911,and run over to see how the driver was...
At this time the workers at a local tavern
also rush over to help out..We Can't Find the
Driver,We assume they were ejected out of the
vehicle,still can't find anyone???,We shortly
then saw a Half emply gallon of Volka in the
BackSeat,and then it hit us,this person must
of dove out of the car and tried to get away
during the crash.The Local Police were on the
scene real fast,and good thing because they
caught the guy walking about a 1/4 mile down
the road.It happen so fast I didn't even notice
the guy leave the car..So Drunk and he Walked
Away from a Crash like That.. Unbeliveable....

So,Be Careful out there guys,, Summer has Begun..

Everyone Have A Great Week,,,.

Also, I would like to remind everyone if you
catch a Infected Striped Bass,Use Caution and
If You Are Able To Contact NJ Fish & Game
at (609)749-2020 to have them take a look at it.

Thanks,,,

·
Registered
540 Posts
Jeez Steve,
That is some story, what bridge was that, I want to avoid that one until after Labor Day. E-mail me the info. That is crazy. By the way I hit 8th street yesterday, chest high at best and kind of sloppy. Expected more after that blow. Oh weel hurricane swells should be here soon. I am praying for them. See you on the banks, Keith the bagman

·
Registered
908 Posts
Wow...glad you weren't hit Steve. It's always the
drunks who walk away and leave the innocent dead.
Luckily, no one else was hurt this time. I hope
this guy loses his license for a long time. Well,
good luck fishing fellows. I have only been out
once in the last 2 weeks, and that was for an hour
on Saturday around noon. Maybe this week with high
tide at night...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Fished sunday in the ICW behind Cape May. Went 6 for 10 on Stripers all in the 20-30lb range. Lost others due to line fray. 5 out of the six fish were nasty, there were big red sores and red scales all over the fish. Somebody has to get a definite answer on what is wrong with these fish. All fish were caught on eels.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by seeker2:
5 out of the six fish were nasty, there were big red sores and red scales all over the fish. Somebody has to get a definite answer on what is wrong with these fish.
Seeker2,
See My Featured Post About Infected Stripers
on top of this Forum..
We Can Maybe Get Some Answer's but we need
to send some of these infected Bass off for
research...

Thanks,,

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Started in Cape May Mon. night with Sebastian managing 2 small blues and one small striper. Lost a nice weakie at my feet and saw 2 large weaks caught.

Moved further north and hit the sod banks. Sebastian caught about 4 stripers near the slot size and missed a few. I caught 2 stripers about 24 and 30 inches in length also missed a few. First time I ever caught a striper, the 30"er, that jumped completely out of the water like a smallmouth--at least 2-3 feet in the air.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Fished the top of the incomming and had 1 5# blue chomp my tsunami in half. after that we walked the sod banks and immediately went 3 for five on the bass in about 10 minutes-what was looking to be a good night ended quickly when the tide topped out. After that it was DEAD on the outgoing.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Originally posted by bassvamp:
Fished the top of the incomming and had 1 5# blue chomp my tsunami in half. after that we walked the sod banks and immediately went 3 for five on the bass in about 10 minutes-what was looking to be a good night ended quickly when the tide topped out. After that it was DEAD on the outgoing.
Great Job vamp. Just want to say Hi! Ain't seen you in awhile!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Hey Bruce! Finally got to break in my new toy-Rogue/ambasaduer 7000 LOVE IT! Still yakking it these days?
I haven't been getting out much lately - working alot and my 4 month old has been keeping me BUSY! Shoot me an email next time your down I'd like to get out again with ya!

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Not a bad night.

41, 31 pounds.

[ 06-10-2004, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
540 Posts
Did some sod bank walking last night with my son and he went 0 for 3 in hook ups and I went 1 for 1. 26" fattie. Nice night,light winds and nice and dark until the moon came up. Bite shut off. Strikes I saw you on your way out and saw your jeep in the lot. How did you fare? Anyway if I had known that was you I would have said hello. You must have forgotten what my truck looks like. Anyway I hope you had some luck. I got mine down around the corner. Talk to you soon. Good luck everyone. Keith the bagman

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Originally posted by bassvamp:
Hey Bruce! Finally got to break in my new toy-Rogue/ambasaduer 7000 LOVE IT! Still yakking it these days?
I haven't been getting out much lately - working alot and my 4 month old has been keeping me BUSY! Shoot me an email next time your down I'd like to get out again with ya!
New Baby! Congrats!!!!!

Let's see 4 months old and a slow start to last spring. That figures!!! lol

I may be out Sat nite. I'll let you know!

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Dr bass, Nice fishes. Was that one of the 2? Did you scale weigh the fish ? It doesn't look that big? what were the lengths. congrats on the big girls.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Boga and tape measure. Fork length. In don't know what you mean by 1 of the 2?? Look in the bass forum at other pictures. That's what it was. That's an 44 inch cooler if that helps

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Nice fish Dr Bass, those big baits are paying off!
I've seen slot fish take down 15 inch herring, I am sure those fish can eat those large hickory shad with no problem. Their mouths are large for a reason. Anyone that tells you different just doesn't know.
Fork length? Come on buddy thats a 43 incher with the tail squeezed ;) (legal way to measure).
Hope you get your 50, seems like each year that passes our chances are a little better.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Forgot to Thank the Biggest for the kind words. With you in my corner who can worry.

Far, I agree man LOL. That's funny you say that. You obviously know your fish. I tried to under do it for obvious reasons.

I thought it was a 44incher actually because it took the whole cooler. I am about 5-10(with heels, LOL) and it was just under my rib cage. What a moron I nust have looked like dragging that thing to my car.

I don't know which photos you see but if you look closely the tail was broken at some time, that took some length too. Had a bulging disc, LOL, with some evidence of injury there when I cleaned it( I am actually seriuos). Heck hope it's not TB of the spine??

Forgot to add. I thought males don't get that big but everyone would be happy to know absolutely NO EGGS. Could have been a male for all I know. And, ironically, gullet EMPTY.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts