BASS BARN banner

Fishing Reports 7/10 - 7/24 2005

1K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  LilFisherman 
#1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets,BackBays & Bridges....
By Boat or By Land- It's All Good....
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

I mixed it up over the last couple of days...
Got out with my friend Ron (BassCharger) the other night for a little late night backbay yaking..We caught the end of the out-going tide and as soon as we launched down on the Southend of OC we found shorts to slots busting on spearing,it also seemed that herring were in the there as well..Black/Purple Bombers was the weapon...
I also did some plugging on the beaches of IBSP the last few days.. Nothing for me,but I did see some nice Bass caught on bait,and a keeper fluke in the surf on a 3" Storm Pearl Wildeye..

And the EyeCandy Index was a 10 :D
Ahh SummerTime,SummerTime...

Everyone Have A Great Fishing Week...

[ 07-21-2005, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

See less See more
#3 ·
Originally posted by BobLW:
I don't want to sound stupid but could you post a picture of a bomber type setup? I keep seeing this in various posts but have not a clue to what you are talking about. I assume its a jig of some sort.

Thanks,
Bob
BobLW,
First there are no stupid questions here,feel free to ask about anything on your mind..
And Welcome to the BassBarn.Com,
Glad To Have You Aboard...

Here is a PIC of the Bomber that I am talking about as are the others.

Its a hard plastic swimming lure..The Black/Purple is a All Time Favorite of Mine,the little one in the backbays and larger ones in the surf...

#5 ·
Ah, if I could just get the wife to move south! Wait, that means that she would be coming with me? Forget that, I'll leave her here and I'll be right down. :D

#7 ·
Thanks for the info!! And glad to be here..just started fishing for this year after finally getting my boat in the water. I fish out of the Mullica and Great Bay mostly.

I am hoping this is the year I can land that striper I've been hunting for the past 10 years. I know he's out there somewhere .... :rolleyes:

#12 ·
We're back!!! What a long week ;)

--The summer bass fishing has been impressive
for the middle of July. I've been out a couple
nights this week with Casting disaster. On both
trips we caught a good number of slots with an
occasional tweener. Last night was probably our
most productive outing this summer. We boated 13
bass...most of them were between 22-25". We
were using bass assasins and bombers. The water
cooled off nicely this week with temps in the
upper 60's near the top of the tide.

Here's Rich with his 28" tagged bass...

[ 07-21-2005, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: earlybird ]

#13 ·
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...ATLANTIC NJ-ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY NJ-CAPE MAY NJ-CAROLINE MD- COASTAL ATLANTIC NJ-COASTAL OCEAN NJ-CUMBERLAND NJ- DELAWARE BEACHES DE-EASTERN MONMOUTH NJ-INLAND SUSSEX DE-KENT DE- MIDDLESEX NJ-OCEAN NJ-QUEEN ANNE'S MD-SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON NJ- TALBOT MD-WESTERN MONMOUTH NJ- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ATLANTIC CITY...DOVER...NEW BRUNSWICK... PERTH AMBOY AND VINELAND 1011 AM EDT THU JUL 21 2005
...HIGHER THAN NORMAL ASTRONOMICAL TIDES WILL CONTINUE TO PRODUCE POCKETS OF MINOR TIDAL FLOODING THE NEXT TWO EVENINGS ALONG THE OCEAN FRONT AND OVERNIGHT IN DELAWARE AND CHESAPEAKE BAYS...

THE FULL PERIGEAN MOON WILL OCCUR TODAY. THE EVENING HIGH TIDE ALONG THE ATLANTIC OCEAN IN NEW JERSEY AND DELAWARE WILL REACH ABOVE 6 FT MEAN LOWER LOW WATER IN MANY LOCATIONS AND IN MORE SUSCEPTIBLE AREAS WILL EXCEED THE MINOR TIDAL FLOODING THRESHOLD. THE FRIDAY MORNING HIGH TIDE WILL BE ABOUT A FOOT TO A FOOT AND A HALF LOWER AND NO PROBLEMS ARE EXPECTED. BUT, ADDITIONAL MINOR TIDAL FLOODING IN VULNERABLE AREAS IS LIKELY AGAIN LATE FRIDAY EVENING AND MAY ALSO BE REPEATED LATE SATURDAY EVENING. IN DELAWARE AND CHESAPEAKE BAYS, HIGH TIDES WILL OCCUR LATER AT NIGHT.

SINCE THERE ARE NO STORMS, OR STRONG ONSHORE WINDS, THE TIDE WILL GENTLY RISE AND FALL, BUT IN SOME INSTANCES ADVANCE UP TO THE EDGE OF SOME ROADWAYS SINCE THERE ARE LOCATIONS ALONG THE COASTAL BACK BAYS THAT DO TAKE ON A LITTLE MORE WATER APPROACHING 5 AND A HALF FEET MEAN LOWER LOW WATER. IN THAT CASE, SOME AUTOMOBILES MAY HAVE TO BE MOVED.

THE ASTRONOMICAL SETUP THIS MONTH IS REFERRED TO AS THE PERIGEAN SPRING TIDE. WITH THE MOON A LITTLE CLOSER TO THE EARTH THE GRAVITATION EFFECT IS ALSO GREATER. THIS IS INCREASED EVEN FURTHER AS THE PERIGEE NEARLY COINCIDES WITH THE FULL MOON. AS A RESULT, THE TIDAL DEPARTURES ARE HIGHER THAN AT OTHER TIMES DURING THE LUNAR CYCLE THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.

WATER LEVELS ON LARGER RIVERS, AND BAYS WILL ALSO BE HIGHER THAN NORMAL, BUT NO FLOODING IS EXPECTED.

PERSONS ARE ADVISED NOT TO PARK THEIR VEHICLES IN LOCATIONS THAT ARE PRONE TO MINOR TIDAL FLOODING AND DO NOT TAKE ROADS THAT ARE PRONE TO MINOR TIDAL FLOODING DURING THE TIMES OF THE EVENING HIGH TIDE. PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE ON ROADS THAT HAVE BEEN BARRICADED. ...

#14 ·
Haven't posted in awhile. Past weekend did some flukin. 60 fish with 5 keepers.
Last night got out for some dock hoppin. Found some large peanuts with bass under them. They were really keyed in on them, so I moved a couple blocks down to another dock. No bait, hooked up. A fat 27 1/2"er. Threw him in the truck and left.
Just got done eatin some of him.
All said and done I've stayed consistant and figure I'm probably aproaching 300 bass for the season.

#15 ·
Just returned from a Fishing & Crabbibg Yak Trip.
We were scooping crabs under the bridge lights and catching weakfish.
Only problem was everything was small! 14" to 16" weakies and the crabs were numerous but small.
Not like the usually are.
I think I needed llast weeks tides.
Oh well! It was good to gt out.
Might try some sods Saturday Nite with the Yak!

#18 ·
Got out last night with Earlybird and Bucktailman in the back of OC and it was a nice night. Water was like glass. Brent went for about six bass, Bucktailman got a nice 27" and I took the ol skunkola. The only thing I got was three good strikes and spit hooks.Then to top it off we got rained on on the way in. Left around 1:30. Was good to get out though. I have a tuna trip next week I can't wait.Let's hope that Franklin doesn't ruin it for us. There are fish around, picky though. Good luck everyon. Keith the bagman

#20 ·
Went out last night 930pm behind OC. fished till just after the downpour (midnight) It rained so hard I couldn't see the front of my boat for 10 minutes. Felt good till it stopped then it got chilly. Anyhow we got into the slot size bass big time. 10 casts 10 hook ups . For the night 2 of us boated 6 bass and lost 8 more. Biggest was 35" smallest was 23". Kept 3 bass. H2O was 71-72 deg.

Eelball u know where we were. Head for the shallow end.It's worth the trip.

#21 ·
Ocean Fluking was on fire today.They really bit their heads off.When there was no drift,power drifting was the way to go,later on a slight breeze came up an they bit harder.Best day of season.Fish up to 6 lbs,alot of nicer 2-3 lb fish came over the side.Water was very clear,at one point I was reeling in a 2-3 fish and a turtle came up and left me a pair of lips on my hook,but was awesome sight.

#23 ·
After roasting in the sun-playing music at the street fest in OC I fished a little behind OC for an hour. Didn't catch anything. Saw a few in the shadow line. Couldn't fish long because I had the family with me. I left at 12:40. I was dyin' to be drenched with rain- where did it happen?
Not looking for spots- I was along the causeway. It was dead clear and I was still soaked with sweat. I would have really welcomed a good soaking.
Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.