BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets,BackBays & Bridges....
By Boat or By Land- It's All Good....
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

Wow, this weeks reports take us already to the end of July,only 6 more weeks of summer left.
Backbay water temps are in the 80's,I wonder if it will go any higher as we head into August.
I would guess that the bait in the bays must be loving it along with the summer resident fish.
I took the weekend off from any backbay fishing but was pleasantly suprised on a un-expected trip to IBSP on Saturday and found a all out Big Bluefish Blitz going on..

Blues running in the 6-10lb class were pushing bait up onto the beach...

Here are also some candid shots from the scene down at the Barnegat Dock/Barnegat Bay yesterday...

The dock was line up with crabbers and fishermen,I saw alot of small crabs but there was a few keepers in the mix. No fish other then a few kids using super small hooks catching baby bluefish..

Plenty of tall ships were in the bay....

Everyone have a great fishing week,
Git-R-Hooked....

later,,,

[ 08-01-2005, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
820 Posts
"Still plenty of 20" bass near the sod banks on 7MI.
Top water poppers did the trick at dawn/dusk.
Oddly, still no blues."

You forgot to add plenty of BIG bloodsucking greenheads. Bastards!!! I look like I have Chicken Pocks!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey Guys.....Been awhile since i've been able to drop a report...Anyway good to see everybody and hope everyone is well ;) ...I went out 3 times this summer do to some travel and buisy with family...Caught fish all 3 times but nothing but croakers and a weakie the first time out and the 2nd was all croakers...Got to tell ya the croaker action isn't bad considering how slow it has been fishing for other species...Last trip was the other night with a freind and we were in to the croakers again but was able to pick up a nice bass at 36" in about 25' of water on a bucktail rigged with the new GULP penny shrimp baits tipped with shedder crab...My buddy got a slot bass also using a pink ice finnesse...Croakers were all caught on shedder and all at night including the bass...Water temps were in low 80's which is the hottest i have seen the water in the last few yrs....We'll its nice to be back and i will see ya guys soon...Pazman....C'mon September :D

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
went out last night after 930 got home at 1230. Boated 19 striper all but one hanging around 26".
Behind OC. There was one other boat there and he was doing good on eel. I was useing jigs. H2O was 78 at low and as the tide came in it dropped to 68.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Went out last night, 9-130. Behind OC. Got into striper for about 1 hour. Boated only 5 all around 25-34". Actually all on eels. A little early for this but it worked. All for the first hour of the incomeing tide. Went to another bridge on the way home and actually boated a 12" weakfish. There was spearing all over also. The weakfish neasr future is klooking good. FINALLY
H2O was 78 in bay and 71-72 in the inlet.
sicyakker they didn't bite till the water hit 71 and under.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Me & Nightstrikes fished some docks and bridge lights last night in the Yak. Steady action all night on spike weakfish. We didn't count them but we probally had between 40 & 50. They were willing to take any offering white Fin-S, Pink Zooms, white & pink Bass Assin and Gulp shrimp in New Penny.

Those New Penny color Gulp Shrimp look just like Mantis Shrimp!

·
Registered
351 Posts
~Fished CISP Friday night. First fish was a 28" Striper on Mackerel. The rest of the fish were small sharks, small flounder, small blues, and an eel. It was a very calm night out & not that many people were out fishing.~

:cool:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
WEnt out last night,Boated 11 bass 24-341/2" all first hour incomeing tide. Last night they wouldn't hit eels, the night before it wass all eels. Go figure.

There was some idiot gaffing every fish he caught out there sharks,rays,small stripers, and blues. Talking about waste of a good resource.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Striperaholic - I've watch charters in Raritan bay gaff bass after bass, slam them down on a cooler to measure, then throw most back in. You'd think they would care about their own future ????

Also; Lets hope we don't see all those little weakfish in the fish market display window early next spring. I see them every year around april in the Reading terminal market. Most come from Va and MD netters.

Sorry to sound so negative. But; Is there really anyone policing it ?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yes there is a few visits by the local CO. He has checked me a few times this year. Also those guys never know who the man is next to him.
At aprox. 125$+ court per fish plus wanton destruction of a game fish it could cost a few $ for ignorance.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Fished a CMC jetty tonight....Water looked great with the offshore wind....Saw a few peanut bunker scattered by the waves, but nada on plugs/poppers....Worked the same jetty last night at sunset and had shad/herring balled up at the tip for a good while....Got a bunch on a teaser, but no bass were interested....Wish I brought a hook big enough for live lining!----Mike

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Hit the suds last evening to give it a go at dusk. Was pleasantly surprised to take a few short bass in some holes in the wash on a small swimming plug. Some good looking structure on the beach these days, looks promising. Won't be long now!

·
Registered
141 Posts
5 bass yesterday morning to 36 in in some close backwaters to me. all were on live p. bunker and the water was only about 3-4 feet deep. this is my favorite way to fish for bass and proves that those bass are here all summer. last year it was over 100 degrees and i still managed 5+ nice fish in some realy skinny water. now all i have to do is get my lazy butt out at night and get that weakfish everyone keeps missing. good luck all and btw i do use a bobber when livelining the peanuts.
;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.