BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------
Typicial Mid-Summer Pattern Here,,Some Nice Fish
To Be Found-But Hooking Into One of Them Is Just
Not That Easy...But If You Put Your Time In and
Stick To Your Game Plan Good Things Will Happen..
I was a little suprised there wasn't more happening over the last few days..With The On-
Shore Flow I would of thought there would of been
a little bit more action.I was able wet a line
just as it started to Blow out of the NorthEast
at Sunrise Sat.Morning..I took out the Trash
(SeaRobbins & Skates) :D and was entertained by
Flipper swimming North then South.. Also found
Some Herring in the Wash...I hope These Minnie
Nor'Easters over the last couple of weekends
show up in the Fall.... ;) Will See..

Last Week of July !!! :D

Everyone Have A Great Week.....

[ 07-27-2004, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
This reports a little late, but just got back from the beach. Fished Wed night the 21st and caught 5 small bass up to 23"s. Four on plugs and one on a cinderworm pattern. Great fun on an 8wt rod. Had electrical problems with running lights and did not get back out until Fri the 23rd. Fished late in the back had fish slurping for the last hour of incoming in about four feet of water and caught one 21"s on a swaltwater wooley booger. Fish stopped until water started moving again and caught 2 more bass and 3 blues. Threw plugs for about an hour and could not get a bite, switched back to flys and then I caught my fish.
There were fish crashing the banks but could only catch the ones slurping off of the bank. Bill

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Fished north of IBSP in the back last night picking up around 12 bass, all short, and about 15 blues from 1-3 lbs. All fish caught on plastics.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
BJ

Without question!!!

Already starting to get a bit, dare I say sentimental. I will miss the Jersey Shore. Hopefully I can get back for a week in the fall and week in May/June

[ 07-27-2004, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...ATLANTIC NJ-ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY NJ-CAMDEN NJ-CAPE MAY NJ- CAROLINE MD-CECIL MD-CHESTER PA-CUMBERLAND NJ-DELAWARE PA- DELAWARE BEACHES DE-GLOUCESTER NJ-INLAND SUSSEX DE-KENT MD-KENT DE- MONTGOMERY PA-NEW CASTLE DE-NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON NJ- PHILADELPHIA PA-QUEEN ANNE'S MD-SALEM NJ-SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON NJ- TALBOT MD- 142 PM EDT TUE JUL 27 2004
... SCATTERED HEAVY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL MOVE THROUGH THE AREA THROUGH MID-AFTERNOON... .

AT 140 PM HEAVY THUNDERSTORMS MOVING OUT OF NEW CASTLE COUNTY IN NORTHERN DELAWARE WERE MOVING NORTHEAST AT 20 MILES AN HOUR INTO SALEM COUNTY NEW JERSEY AND DELAWARE COUNTY PENNSYLVANIA... AND WILL LIKELY MOVE OVER PHILADELPHIA BETWEEN 200 AND 230 PM.

OTHER THUNDERSTORMS WERE FORMING TOWARD THE NORTHERN MARYLAND EASTERN SHORE. ANY OF THESE STORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING VERY HEAVY RAIN IN A SHORT TIME... POSSIBLY AS MUCH AS 2 INCHES OF RAIN IN 45 MINUTES TO AN HOUR. WHERE THUNDERSTORMS MOVED OVER NORTHERN NEW CASTLE COUNTY DELAWARE BETWEEN 1230 AND 115 PM, RADAR ESTIMATED BETWEEN 1 AND 2 INCHES OF RAIN.

ALSO... DANGEROUS LIGHTNING IS OCCURRING WITH SOME OF THE THUNDERSTORMS. MOVE INSIDE AT THE FIRST SIGN OF APPROACHING THUNDERSTORMS.

A FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR PARTS OF THE AREA... INCLUDING NORTHERN DELAWARE SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA AND SOUTHWESTERN NEW JERSEY. IF DRIVING... WATCH FOR FLOODED ROADS. DO NOT DRIVE THROUGH ROADS COVERED WITH WATER.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Had a great night on the sods tonight from 5:30-8:30...The storm managed to hold off, and the bass were on the feed! It was the best action in the back bay that I've seen in a while...and to top it off, everything was caught on topwater...Bass were feeding on small schools of peanuts, and they weren't interested in anything else but my Storm Chug bug...Ended the trip with 8 bass to 27", and some blues...Had at least 3 times that in the number of strikes...Hotshot got some bass as well.....tight lines----Mike

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
1 blue tonight, the back. Got caught in a downpour, tried some bridges that were glass still,NO FISH. Sucks.

P.S. Water clarity was horrible!!!

Capt. Harvey is my Guru

·
Registered
908 Posts
The bunker and bass were active again last night
in back. Walked the banks with a chug bug and
landed 4 bass. 2-22", 1-25", and 1-30". The
highlight of the night was a 29" weakfish. I've
never caught one on top before, so I was stunned.
The fish became active after the rain, just before
sundown. Once it got dark, the action stopped.

·
Registered
738 Posts
We fished Absecon bay on Tuesday afternoon. We had the bay to ourselves but we soon found out why, lots of grass and gusty winds. I did manage to pull in two keeper flounder up to 19 inches.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Fished in back with Young Guns and his friend Dave last night. We only had about a 1 1/2 of outgoing left. We found a few Bass still feeding. Matt had a 28", his friend had a short and I lost a fish that most likely was a short. We hit a few bridges after the tide changed to incoming and found some Bass. After a couple shorts Matt hooked a nice bass that ran him under the bridge. Just as I went to gaff it his line broke from getting bridge rash. The fish looked to be in the mid 30's. 34"-36" was my guess. Before we had another chance to cast the PD was on us and that was it fot the evening. All were caught on Bombers & Pinkies

·
Registered
186 Posts
Finally got out after about 2 weeks...

Fished OC area, top of out going.... bright moon out... several small hits, landed one-22"er on a zoom..

Nice breeze kept bugs away... good active water & current...

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Frustrating night. Peanuts are really really thick this year. Could be an all time record. Had one spike and that's it. Live-lined and plastics. Biggies were there again.

Striperaholic, that's pretty impressive. You forgot to mention the 3 40's :D

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I thought of going tonight but South Winds and Full Moon make for a frustrating night. I'm sleeping!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Plugged and fly fished behind OC 7pm til midnight.No hits,had a couple good splashes near a sod bank but wouldn"t take our offerings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fished the banks behind O.C. last night between
8:00 and 10:00. Landed a 20" bass on a mambo and
one small blue. Beautiful moon in the east with
an electrical storm in the west.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts