BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

----------------------------------------------

A mixed bag over the last few days for me...
Some Surf Caught Fish and SodBank Stripers..

Fluke on LBI Beach

LBI KingFish

Flooded OC SodBank Striper

Everyone Have A Great Week...

·
Registered
723 Posts
strikes glad to see you got some fish has there been any better fishing up north?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Fished behing Avalon today for a couple of hours with my dad. Two 17" fluke and a handful of throwbacks with some sharks and sea robbins mixed in. Tiny killies doubled up on the hook and squid and mackeral strips. Ton of people out and saw some hooking up but not many goin into the cooler. Wasnt able to stick around and try my luck at night. Good to get out though havent been on the water much.

RyanF

·
Registered
186 Posts
Nightstrikes, you've really being going to town with that digicam!
Great pics! I've been trying to do the same, too ... but with a regular pocket camera...

I find taking pictures helps me practice catch & release...

Used up a roll already but haven't developed anything--have done that sodbank at night picture many times--is regular flash enough or are you using a headlamp to supplement? From the reflection I only see one light source..

I had a large bass a few weekends ago, my cousin was with me--he took pictures in the darkness amongst the swirling/biting gnats--I hope it comes out.

I want to make sure I have proof :rolleyes:

·
Registered
250 Posts
After trolling up some small, and I mean small blues on bunker spoons, my 16 year old son and I came across a school of bunker. The first two snagged bunker resulted in one bit in half, and a runoff, then nothin. So we put a half dozen other bunker in the box for bait. <p>

On the way back in, we settled under a couple of high flying birds on the outgoing tide at Barnegat Inlet and chunk the bunker. Next thing you know it was big blue after big blue (26"-34"). Top prize was a 34" 18.1 pounder. Not only did this monster have two full bunker in its belly, but also had a sea Robin head. With all the bunker to be had, to find a robin head was a shock.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Fished Saturday night without a bite, fished Sunday night without a bite, fished monday night and found some BIG fish. Only fished for 1.5 hours and caught 3 fish. Smallest was 36" and the largest was 43 inches. These fish were healthy and fat. I had to leave the fish while they were biting to head home, that sucks!

[ 07-06-2004, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: seeker2 ]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Took the wife out tonight to catch the last two hours incomming before that big round fish spoiler popped up in the sky. I try to do this every couple of years. The only reel I had without braid was loaded with 10# Magnathin. I hooked up a chartreuse/red paddle tail for her and let her cast away. I jigged up a real nice twelve+lb. (boga) "weak" on a dark piece of rubber. The "bait line" was very close to shore and I hooked him right at my feet. The fish went nuts in that shallow water, you could probably have heard him for 100yd's. Within minutes I noticed someone had moved next to my wife and had waded out to his waist. I was just ready to tell my wife to move on the other side of me when her drag starts screaming, the fish runs straight out and then in typical weakfish fashion makes a up current run and gets wrapped around the angler's legs to her left. I don't think he knew what hit him, but between him and the fish it was some commosion. When I got to him he had magnathin wrapped around both legs and of course the fish and jig were gone. Great nite.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by CLAMCHUNKER:
strikes glad to see you got some fish has there been any better fishing up north?
Shawn,
Its been about the same for me both North
and South..That time of the year,some good
action but nothing all that great.....
I am already looking forward to the Fall Run...
Can't Wait....

Take Care,,,

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by snapper4:
Nightstrikes, you've really being going to town with that digicam!
Great pics! I've been trying to do the same, too ... but with a regular pocket camera...

Snapper4,
Yep, I really wanted to bring my Reports
to Life this year.So I bring the Camera
everywhere with me these days....
When you get your pictures developed make
sure you get them on a disk also,that way
you can download them to a Host Website and
post them on here. I would like to see the Large
you caught in the darknest,hope it came out
for you.....
My Sony Dig.has the flash built in and I
take the Night shots without any additional
ligthing..And Yes It Does Seem I release alot
more,the PICS of the Fluke and Kingfish Swam
Away the other day...

Take Care Bud,,

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Seeker2, YEAH BABY nice fish

Fished last night. A lot of weed, one Palm Beach release on a small blue and that's it. No weaks, no stripers. No PB's in the back. I think the tide was just too strong

So far this year I think the weakfish fishing is worst than last year. I have had a decent big bass year, but I think without question my number of shorts caught is WAY DOWN. Just my experience

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Seeker2, did I go buy you Sat night? There was a boat on the south side that looked like yours. I caught one 31" on the fly rod and had one half way to the boat and fish made a good steady run and fly pulled out. Caught some small fish in the back. Nice fish!

·
Registered
189 Posts
That was me Bill, next time stop and say hello. It sure was tough with all that tide/wind Saturday and Sunday. We had a couple short hits on plugs but that was it. I caught these fish right at the top of the tide, I think that might have made the difference. I hate those southerly winds!!! Anything but southerly and it makes for a good night.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Headed out last night pounding sod. Not much happening. Went to the new pier between Longport and O.C., again not much happenin. So went to old faithful. When we got there we saw 2 balls of bait about 5' in diameter. These baitfish had a pinkish color to them. (Guess what I put on :D ) There were all kinds of fish slashing thru the bait, including a couple nice bass and nice weakies. We fished it for an hour and 15 min. Our totals 2 bass (shorts), 2 weakies (small) 2 herring(nice), about 20 blues (small). We couldn't get the bigger fish to hit. they would just slash thru the bait and disappear for a bit. I tried working my pinkie outside of the bait, under the bait, in front, behind. You name it. Blues were ruthless. Went thru 2 packs of fin-s and about 5 heads. It was pretty cool just watching the bait get attacked from all angles. My buddy, who only has one striper ever, got his second last night. I almost had to physically carry him from this place so I could go home.

·
Registered
723 Posts
thanks steve my gilrfriends parents just got a place up in ocean city for the rest of the summer maybe one night we can hook up and you can show me the ropes up there.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
CaptKirk ,, glad to hear you did good on some nice weakies ,, they don't have any in vermont :D ,,,but the golfing is pretty good ,, played yesterday ,, had flashes of brilliance ,, real nice day ,, you coulda worn a windbreaker,, pretty cool day ,, felt like fall ,, too bad about your wifes' fish ,, a whole sod bank and this guy has to fish on top of you,, but a great nite none the less

·
Registered
189 Posts
Fished friday night at the top of the tide, caught one slot fish and one that again was infected, I will post pics when I get home. Both fish caught on eels, only 2 bites I had. Tried plugging with no success. Going again tonight.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Put in on fri. night at 8:30 pulled the boat at 12:30. Boated 5 striper kept 4. Released 1-26"
The largest was 33". Found a nest of bass for the last week. Avg. 5 bass a 3 hr. trip. 1 at least 30"+. each trip. There here just have to keep searching. Look for the coldest water u can find.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts