BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets,BackBays & Bridges....
By Boat or By Land- It's All Good....
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------
Interesting to see what Trop.Storm Irene does to the beaches this week as far as changing any good fishing holes to do long period swells...
Waves are expected to be between 3-5' and the Rip Current Risk is Moderate to High...
Be Careful...
Surf Water Temps Took A Dive Lately,
Upper 60's out front and 70's in the back..
Last Full Moon of Summer later this week ;)

Everyone Have A Great Fishing Week...

[ 08-15-2005, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
got out last night. I have a bad case of shingles, and have been stuck in the house in massive pain. I was able to sneak out last night. I fished for 1/2 hour and got 4 bass(shorties) and a blue.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
striperaholic... at least there wasn't any fog to get lost in as you made your way back to the ramp. I've got a question for you... since your the man in OC. I'll be down on vacation for 2 weeks starting this Saturday, I have a small 12'Vhull w/7.5hp & trolling motor. Would I be wise to stick to the back side of Corson's or should I venture out to rainbow - considering boat size and fishing conditions? If you would rather email me, that is cool.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I fished that area alot with the same size boat,Your biggest problem will be the big boats,give them plenty of room.Fishing very early will avoid traffic.Good Luck.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I'll only go out in the 12'er in calm conditions and from dusk to dawn. Once the big boat are out, I'm out of there.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I was on vacation last week at OC and have a 14' with two kids aboard. During the week, Corsons is quiet till about 10am. We launched at 6am and fished till about that time with no problems.

Al

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Thanks for the reports! Can't wait to hit some spots on vacation. Just found out that my wife and son have off from school for a week in med-October. Wife want to rent a place at the shore for the week. Heeeeeha! Any suggestion on what beaches we should look at, considering that I want to surf fish the whole week.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I would rent on LBI...there's good fishing on the north end...surf & jetty. Barnegat Light is where I would head.

Another thought is to charter Capt. Alex for a day or two...he reports in the BBB thread and he fishes out of B Light.

have fun...October is very nice on LBI.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another suggestion Rhino would be Seaside Park..
Those motels down there just outside of IBSP are very reasonable that time of the year and most of the quests staying there are fishermen..

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. Both good ideas and I can put the IBSP list to good use!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by RhinoScores:
I can put the IBSP list to good use!
Yeah Man !! ;)

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Fished behind Sea Isle this morning,incoming tide,slight easterly wind,absolutely perfect conditions,caught 5 short bass on a shrimp popper,and caught 2 flounder both 17".Also had 3 short flounder.Seems to be more flatties around then earlier in the summer.Almost felt like a autumn morning except for the humidity.GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
trd... nice report. Hopefully behind OC is seeing the same action, since I'm heading down this morning for 2 weeks. GO EAGLES & FLYERS & PHILLIES!!!!!! On week 11, the Giants will be dialing 911, because the Eagles will have killed Eli!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Barnegat Light/ Meyers Hole
in between Christmas Tree on dike and BL Coast guard station radio antennae...
Weak Fish. 13-22" about 50
Pick up grass shrimp at Bobbies or Kelly's next to coast guard station. We anchored on the edge of the 16' hole (12') and started to chum. Sml fingerful at a time wait 3-5 minutes repeat.
In coming tide (5-8 pm)
Small hook 2 shrimp with a split shot about 30-36" up. Let out 50'-75' of line letting it float out by hand with line slightly taughnt... s l o w l y reel it back and repeat...

23' Parker WA "Eternal Vigilance"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.