BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

--------------------------------------------------
Last Week was a Slow One,thats for Sure....
DogDays,,,But Last Night Had that Nip In The
Air and This Morning Water Temps were Cool..
Ocean 69 Degree's and the BackBay Behind A.C.
was 70 Degree's...With Fair Weather and Winds
Forcasted For This UpComing Week it just might
kick Start some Action .....I might Even
Break Out of The Summer Doldrums and Wet
A Line.....

EveryOne Have A Great Week,,

Anybody Spot Some Schools of Mullet In The
BackBays Yet ? Word Is That The Peanut Bunker
is Still Very Thick,Is This True?

Thanks,,,,

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I'll be headin down this weekend lookin for mullet in the wash. these cool(at night) temps may start a spark in some baitfish movement and put some predatory fish on the move as well. If anybody see's mullet in the wash let us know!! no street names just city's. thanx.

Nick/SurfRat

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Strikes,

We have mullet by the hundreds coming out of the tidal creeks. Small blues and stripers have been pinning the bait against the shore in a foot of water. With so much bait, it's been difficult to get them to pick your lure but we have been getting a few each tide.

The only thing that bothers me is that they are schooling earlier than usual, hopefully they won't leave early too. If they do, I hope the peanuts show up to take their place.

Is this a sign of an early winter?????

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nick,Joe & Steve,

Thanks Good Stuff,,,,,,
It will be interesting to see how the Bait Run
starts and plays out this year....

I hope it does'nt start too early and things
cool off too quick for us.......
I was really suprised to see how cool the
water was this morning...
Will just have to keep track of the situation.

Thanks Again Guys....

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Went again yesterday morning to the SPOT. Managed to hook a couple shorties and a short fluke. Saw some nice size stripers again in the shallows. Left there to go meet candyman at his boat at 5:30
(***TO BE CONTINUED IN BOTTOM DWELLAR REPORTS***)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Walked the banks this morning with Casting Disaster.
The peanuts were thick, and much larger than a
couple weeks ago! We caught a few shorts and
some blues on topwater and plastics.
The backbays appear to be alive and well...

[ 08-24-2004, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: earlybird ]

·
Registered
303 Posts
Lots of mullet in our marina on Rehobeth Bay, Del. Everything from fingers to corncobs. Tons of peanuts every where.Good numbers of spot also. Livelined mullet for fluke Sat. and Sun. Caught about 15 fluke total but not a keeper. Dirty water,lots of wind, tough fishing. Had some small weakies and drum in the cast net while targeting mullet. Also had a lot of small white perch in the net. Usually don't get them while netting before late Sept. Don't know if thats a sign of anything or not. Large numbers of small blues in the back bays did a number on our live bait also. Amazing how they can bite the bait off just behind the hook so consistantly.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Did really well on some nice-sized weakies the other night. All slow retrieve 3/8 ounce jig head w/paddle tail. Hit them on the incoming, slack and outgoing.
Never saw a cow-nosed ray blitz but witnessed six of them the other night with probably 30-40 rays in the group. One blitz was right near our feet and we were able to see the weakies jumping out of the water.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fished the back of Sea Isle last evening,had 4 Bass in less than 1 hour, biggest was 31" 2 at 23" and had the last one break off.If any one catches a bass with a blue and silver chug bug in its lip let me know, it seemed like a nice size fish.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Left the BZL dock last night right at the top of the flood and the bait fish were thick all around the marina. Managed 4 short stripers in about an hour biggest being 24" and lost 3 more. Headed in about 9PM and the blues were literaly jumping out of the water under 2 mile bridge with baitfish everywhere. Had a half hour of non stop fun, all in all a descent night out...13

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Was out in the skiff for a short run last night. $ shortie bass was all.
On the way in to seaview ave. ramp, had mullet ALL OVER, jumping like crazy. They were jumping into the boat. Nice size too.

Striperaholic,
I didn't get a single weakie. I saw you guys, but didn't see you guys doin much. Was it after I left, or before I got there?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Hey guys pretty sure I saw you out there. 3 of us out on a 17ft Grady. Lots of weakies to 23 inches and a few stripers. Last few trips have seen numbers of weakfish on the first and last 2 hours of the tide. We got out at 9 and fished until morning, steady action all night.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Far,
O.k. I saw you guys. You were anchored on the other side of the bridge when I pulled up. I saw you guys thru the bridge. How did I manage to get no weakies? Guess I'll have to go again.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Originally posted by Far26:
Hey guys pretty sure I saw you out there. 3 of us out on a 17ft Grady. Lots of weakies to 23 inches and a few stripers. Last few trips have seen numbers of weakfish on the first and last 2 hours of the tide. We got out at 9 and fished until morning, steady action all night.

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Originally posted by striper13:
Left the BZL dock last night right at the top of the flood and the bait fish were thick all around the marina. Managed 4 short stripers in about an hour biggest being 24" and lost 3 more. Headed in about 9PM and the blues were literaly jumping out of the water under 2 mile bridge with baitfish everywhere. Had a half hour of non stop fun, all in all a descent night out...13
Hey,

Get out of myt spot! :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey guys...Was out with a couple freinds and managed a cooler full of weakies and blues...Fish were taken on the outgoing tide on bucktail worm tipped with shedder...Good to see ya guys ....Eel drop me a e-mail...Later Pazman

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.