BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets,BackBays & Bridges....
By Boat or By Land- It's All Good....
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

Pretty much time for a vacation from fishing for me.Less then 30 days to labor day. ;)

Everyone Have A Great Fishing Week...

[ 08-08-2005, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
540 Posts
Steve,
Same for me, Can't wait for the real season to begin and start using those suspending storms in the back. I will be counting the days, and am still waiting for our first real swell from a hurricane. I'll be seeing you in September. Come on fall!!!
Keith the bagman

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by striperaholic:
got alot of herring small weaks 10-13" 3 bass up to 27". All on fresh caught spearing.

All behind OC
Thanks for that report Roger,,
By the way,did you and Ronny Hook Up Yet ?
Everything a Go ????

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Striperaholic... how you rigging the sprearing?

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Tried to wait out the thunderstorms an rain this morning.Decided to try a shot near the brick pile for some weakies.I rounded up some peanuts and off I went.Once the tide started outgoing they bit like gangbusters,but there was alot of really small fish.Still managed to take a few home for the smoker.I hooked something really big out there,not really sure what it was,got cut off after fighting fish for about 5 minutes.
If the weather doesn't clear up by tom, I guess I'll go an try this again tom,probably a good idea since they raised the price of gas to 275.9 at the dock.time to get out those gas cans again.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Caught mostly bass with some blues mixed in from 10 pm until 2 am last night. For the first hour it was a fish on or a miss on every cast. All fish were caught on plastic finesse type lures similar to the spearing they were feeding on--tons & tons of bait in the water. Largest fish between 3 of us was about 20 inches with most being 15-17 inches. If it's any indication of the future striper population we should be in for a bonanza.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Went out last night hopeing to dodge the rain. Succeeded in that and boated 26 herring 3 keeper weaks 15" and threw back 10 shorts up down to 8". Also 2 bass 1-25" 1-17" and a few blues up to 5lb. All on fresh caught spearing. For one hour every cast was a fish.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Found Fluke on dead low tide this morning in 4 ft of water
26 total with 5 keepers
Once tide got moving bite dropped off

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Bucktails tipped with fishbites

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
fished tonight (after dark) and found blues and bass feeding along the sod banks. Lots of bait around...you could hear it bubbling against the weedlines.

Also caught a herring! Beautiful night to be outside!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Tried the back near Avalon. Had one hit on a pinkie- I think it was a small spike. Fish were feeding. Some stripes in the shadow line. Tried mostly spearing immitation- small blurple bombers-delta sword w teasers. I'll be back.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
tons of bait in the back and small striper feeding aggresively on them. Blues were also there top of the tide and early in the outgoing. Small bass in the 15-23 inch range all over the sodbanks. Used 3 inch tsunami lots of action nothing in the keeper range for bass, blues 1-3 lbs...Oh yea behind OC :D ...Jim

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.