BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

--------------------------------------------------
I took a trip down along the East Coast

and found the bite about the same everywhere...
Warm Water and Alot of LockJaw going on...
I did find some Huge Mullet in the Surf and
the Pelicans Gulping them up.

Other Then That Just Beautiful Sunrises....

Better Day's Are Coming Guys,,,
Have A Great Week Out There....................

Thx,

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Where did everybody go? Somebody has to be fishing! Looks like I'll have to give it a shot tonight just to livin up the board!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Daydreams,

You guys should load up on stinky fish and all the Crabs you can eat!!!!! LOL

Have fun Matt.........

Bruce I was out and got some Blues again in Ocean city area 12 to 16" went thru 4 bags of rubba...

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
5 short flatfish and a small blue from the CM surf this am. One of the fluke had an ALS tag in it. Pretty cool.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Circlehook,
Cool, Let Us Know The Tag Information When You
Get It...

Thanks,,,

I haven't heard of to many tagged fish being
caught this year, as in years past...

Anyone else catch a ALS or Fish&Game Tagged
Fish This Year ????

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Strikes,

not really cool. The fish was only 13.25" and hooked deep. I was careful, and its not out of the realm of possibility that it made it, but Im a realist if nothing else. If 8-10% die when released lip hooked.......well you know. Plus the tag was bright yellow in color, not much scum on it, and was easy to read. Im guessing it was tagged in the past few weeks. Not much data coming from this one but Ill send it anyway and let you know.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CircleHook,
I know what you mean,, hopefully it will
be ok....
Another Question For You Though...
How was the area on the fish around the ALS tag?
I have caught some in the past,were the entry
area was infected,bleeding,Sores etc. from
improper tagging....

Thanks,,

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Got out with a buddy last night. We picked up 6 bass in about an hour. 2 shorts each, and 1 slot each. Pearl 3" rubba shads with red led heads. Then it started to rain.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Strikes,

it wasnt swollen and didnt appear to be infected but it was very red and looked to be quite sore (if I could put myself inside a flukes mind). IMO, not that Im experienced with proper tagging procedures, the tagger appeared to have gotten too much meat so to speak. It was straight thru the body a good inch or so from any fin. The fish hit good, was quite lively, and appeared ok otherwise. So who knows. Im just hoping someone didnt tag it from the same jetty 2 days ago :( .

If it ends up that the tag was put in a month or moreago, and it was still that red, then I"ll surmise it was a poor tagging job. Otherwise it could have benn still healing.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Strikes,
We caught a ALS tagged flounder two weeks ago behind Strathmere. It was released in great shape. 16" and fat! TilleyHat's son caught it. He was going to send in the info. Get'em Wet! Pig

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Pigman,,,Nice Catch......
Make Sure You Post any Details about the
tagging when you's get the info..
Love hearing about when and where they were
tagged.....

·
Registered
920 Posts
Went out tonight with Hotshot and fished the top of the tide off the sod banks...Beautiful night, flat water, and with the approaching weather I thought the fish might have been on the feed...but NADA...Tried top water---got a few strikes from what were probably bluefish, but no hook-ups...nothing on plastics....Did not see as many peanuts in the usual spots.....Hopefully the bass bite will pick up soon!!!---Mike

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...HURRICANE LOCAL STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ 600 AM EDT SAT AUG 14 2004
... A TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR PARTS OF THE AREA... ... AN INLAND TROPICAL STORM WIND WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR TONIGHT FOR PARTS OF THE AREA... ... A FLOOD WATCH IS IN EFFECT THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING FOR THE ENTIRE REGION...

... HURRICANE CHARLEY IS MOVING UP THE EAST COAST...

... AREAS AFFECTED...

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES.

IN NORTHEASTERN MARYLAND, CECIL, KENT, QUEEN ANNE'S, TALBOT AND CAROLINE.

IN DELAWARE, KENT AND SUSSEX.

IN NEW JERSEY, CUMBERLAND, CAPE MAY, ATLANTIC, SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON, OCEAN, MONMOUTH AND MIDDLESEX.

THE WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE COASTAL WATERS OF DELAWARE AND NEW JERSEY, INCLUDING DELAWARE BAY.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

AN INLAND TROPICAL STORM WIND WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR TONIGHT FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES.

IN NEW JERSEY, SUSSEX, WARREN, MORRIS, HUNTERDON, SOMERSET, MERCER, NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON, CAMDEN, GLOUCESTER AND SALEM.

IN EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA, MONROE, CARBON, NORTHAMPTON, LEHIGH, BERKS, BUCKS, MONTGOMERY CHESTER, DELAWARE AND PHILADELPHIA.

IN DELAWARE, NEW CASTLE.

A FLOOD WATCH IS IN EFFECT THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES.

IN NORTHEASTERN MARYLAND, CECIL, KENT, QUEEN ANNE'S, TALBOT AND CAROLINE.

IN DELAWARE, NEW CASTLE, KENT AND SUSSEX.

IN NEW JERSEY, SUSSEX, WARREN, MORRIS, HUNTERDON, SOMERSET, MIDDLESEX, MERCER, MONMOUTH, OCEAN, BURLINGTON, CAMDEN, GLOUCESTER, SALEM, CUMBERLAND, ATLANTIC AND CAPE MAY.

IN EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA, MONROE, CARBON, NORTHAMPTON, LEHIGH, BERKS, BUCKS, MONTGOMERY, CHESTER, DELAWARE AND PHILADELPHIA.

AT 5:00 AM, THE CENTER OF HURRICANE CHARLEY WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 31.2 NORTH, LONGITUDE 80.5 WEST OR ABOUT 650 MILES SOUTHWEST OF ATLANTIC CITY, NEW JERSEY.

CHARLEY WAS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTH NORTHEAST NEAR 25 MPH. THAT MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE WITH AN INCREASE IN FORWARD SPEED DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS WERE NEAR 85 MPH.

... PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

IF YOU ARE LOCATED WITHIN THE TROPICAL STORM WARNING AREA YOU SHOULD PREPARE FOR HIGH WINDS, HEAVY RAIN AND SOME MINOR COASTAL FLOODING AGGRAVATED BY HEAVY WAVE ACTION. IF YOU ARE AT AN INLAND LOCATION YOU SHOULD PREPARE FOR STRONG WINDS, HEAVY RAIN AND THE POTENTIAL FOR SMALL STREAM AND RIVER FLOODING.

... RAINFALL AND INLAND FLOODING...

RAINFALL TOTALS FOR TODAY INTO EARLY SUNDAY MORNING ARE EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM 1 TO 4 INCHES OVER MUCH OF THE AREA, WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS, POSSIBLY UP TO 6 INCHES IN THE HEAVIER RAIN BANDS. A FLOOD WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR THE POTENTIAL OF FLOODING ALONG RIVERS AND STREAMS THROUGHOUT THE REGION. FLOODING IN AREAS OF POOR DRAINAGE IS ALSO LIKELY. PLEASE REFER TO THE LATEST FLOOD WATCH STATEMENT FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

... STORM SURGE... WAVES AND TIDAL FLOODING...

THE THREAT OF STORM SURGE WILL BE ON THE INCREASE THIS EVENING. ALONG THE OCEANFRONT, AS WELL AS ON DELAWARE BAY AND THE NORTHEAST SHORE OF CHESAPEAKE BAY, A TIDAL SURGE OF 2 TO 3 FEET IS POSSIBLE. IT APPEARS AS THOUGH THE SURGE WILL COINCIDE WITH LOW TIDE AT MOST LOCATIONS. AS A RESULT, MINOR TIDAL FLOODING IS ANTICIPATED.

... WIND INFORMATION...

RELATIVELY LIGHT NORTHWEST TO NORTHEAST WINDS ARE EXPECTED THROUGH MUCH OF TODAY. WIND SPEED WILL BE ON THE INCREASE LATE TODAY AND THIS EVENING. TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS ARE EXPECTED ARRIVE THIS EVENING AND THEY SHOULD LAST THROUGH MUCH OF THE NIGHT.

SUSTAINED WIND SPEEDS OF UP TO 35 MPH ARE EXPECTED INLAND WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH. OVER THE COASTAL WATERS, WIND SPEEDS ARE FORECAST TO RANGE FROM 35 TO 45 KNOTS WITH GUSTS UP TO 55 KNOTS. BEING THAT THE CENTER OF CHARLEY IS EXPECTED TO PASS OVER THE REGION THE WIND DIRECTION WILL VARY. MOST INLAND LOCATIONS SHOULD HAVE A NORTHEAST TO NORTH WIND AND THE COASTAL WATERS WILL LIKELY EXPERIENCE A SOUTHEAST TO SOUTH WIND.

WIND SPEEDS WILL GRADUALLY DIMINISH ON SUNDAY.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Fishe Stone Harbor & OC bridges hard last nite. Not much to show for the effort. After loosing plastic all night to snapper blues, getting frustrated on a nice size bass in the shadow line that wanted nothing to do with my offering (seen him there last Thursday too) and getting chewed up by bugs I finally foung my "Pot Of Gold" a 20" bass! Summer Sucks! With all the peanuts out back we may have a decent fall as long as we don't get into another storm pattern of N'easter after N'easter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.