Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
BUT PLEASE NO EXACT SPOTS ;) ,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------
Plenty of bait and warm water still,something has got to happen to get things going in the back.Some cold air from Canada would help,but I don't see any this week....

I stuck to the beach on my only trip of the weekend..With the Mullet Running now and Bluefish Chasing them...
Didn't find any Mullet/Bluefish myself yesterday morning,but I was a good ways from any inlet were most of that action seems to be happening..
Instead I found a secluded beach and did some plugging but the only action was on my Bait Rod.
I found a few Surf Clams and picked up a Slot and lost another before Dawn...

The Sun came up and I worked some new plugs but had No Takers...

EveryOne Have A Great Fishing Week,,,

Later,,,

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Went to the flats today and had 3 rockfish on the first three cast. Ended with 6 and 1 keeper. It was hits on just about every cast until the sun came up. My dad had 3 and uncle had 2.All the fish were on top water plugs.

[ 09-19-2005, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: billc ]

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Fished Sunday off LBI. No fluke or seabass but did jig a small bonita on a hopkins on the LE Reef. Headed closer to Beach Haven about one mile off and jigged 50+- spike weakies on metal (tug 15 for the ALS). All were between 10-14 inches. These spikes are here every year this time. It's hard to imagine there are population problems but I guess there is for the bigger one's. Where are all these spikes going when they reach 15-25 inches??????

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by TimC2520:
It's hard to imagine there are population problems but I guess there is for the bigger one's. Where are all these spikes going when they reach 15-25 inches??????
Into the nearest can of Fancy Feast cat food... :mad:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Got back from my honeymoon in Mexico and rented a skiff behind Sea Isle last Thursday. We caught small seabass, kingfish, and blues but it was pretty slow. Saw a lot of small bunker around.

I'll be down every weekend until the end of the year. Just waiting for the fishing to pick up.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Seems the bass are all still hanging out in the back bay. Had a slot Fri pm on a crystal minnow, then a blue.
Sun pm had a short on same lure then another GD bluefish. These were all in the first few casts, until they got spooked.Fish were keyed into 3 inch croaker.Both nights at the top of a very high tide.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
fished last nite ,, it was amazingly slow considering how much bait was around ,, did manage a blue and a nice fat weakie around 16 inches,, he was released,, it was my first weakie of the year ,

·
Registered
123 Posts
Originally posted by TimC2520:
Fished Sunday off LBI. No fluke or seabass but did jig a small bonita on a hopkins on the LE Reef. Headed closer to Beach Haven about one mile off and jigged 50+- spike weakies on metal (tug 15 for the ALS). All were between 10-14 inches. These spikes are here every year this time. It's hard to imagine there are population problems but I guess there is for the bigger one's. Where are all these spikes going when they reach 15-25 inches??????
In a commercial net!

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Yea. My first In-Shore grand slam of the year last night. Stripers, weakies, fluke and of course, blues. Home by 10:30. All on pinks.

[ 09-21-2005, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: eelball ]

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Was out and about last night behind OC to Stone Harbor. Beginning of the Incoming was slow for weaks so I moved around and found a school of Bass crashing peanut bunker. Fished from the bridge and landed 4 Bass (to 22 inches) and a few blues. Changed tactics and started fishing some local dock lights and the bass were thick. Caught 8 more in an hr to 26inches. Headed north for the outgoing in my kayak and boated around 20 weaks to 20inches. Alot of bait and alot of activity on the bait. With this weeks upcoming cool temps wouldn't be surprised if the weaks move out and the bass take over.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Got a couple weaks and a couple bass last night. Nice night, especially on the rocks for the last of the incoming. One of the bass was from out front, the others in the back. No size to speak of.

Fished the beach today and it was just flat out silly fishing for kingfish. Had fish every cast for 3 hours. Many double headers - actually have no idea how many fish I caught. Incoming, slack, outgoing didn't matter. All caught on Fishbites. I don't baitfish often, but enjoy fishing for kingies a few times a year. When it's a nice day it makes for a fun time. Would highly recommend this for introducing kids to surffishing.

By the way they taste great and are probably the easiest fish to clean that swims in the Ocean.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Out and about in the back bays the other night with a buddy of mine. Sod banks were quite productive, gotta love those holes near the shallows. We ended up with 7 short Stripers (23" and less), 3 Weakies (22" and under), 1 Flounder (short), and all the Blues you'd ever want to see. Everything on green worms with 1/4 oz jigs and various top water plugs. Loads of bait everywhere. I can't imagine how much better the fishing will get once the water cools off - it was 82 on the surface that night!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Went out last night behind OC. Mother load of grass. Couldn't make turns of the reel without loading up with the stuff. Still managed 6 flounder and a few short weaks two striper 15-18".
Things seem to be slowing up on the weakfish front. There was one nice fish crashing the mullet cruiseing around but no takers on peanut bunker or plugs.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
A little late but a report for Wednesday. Went on the Capt. Robbins for sea bass. Had a number of bass that were just short and 11 keepers.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Fished with Mikey and Todd B on the skiff in Cape May County area.

Netted some of the biggest peanuts I have ever seen in 15 years or so. Also netted a few mullet. Hit the bridges and the sod banks. At the bridges there were plenty of small and medium bluefish taking live baits from the top to the bottom of the water column. Also caugt two herring and a small flattie. Mikey got his 1st striper of the Fall season as did Todd B on live peanuts and black bombers.

Pretty windy last night. Come on Fall weather!!!

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Went out from 5 - 8 a.m. I have a bad chest cold, but I needed to get out. Fished the Avalon area. Caught 4 small blues. Plenty of mullet running around the banks. Was using mirro lures and fin-s.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Longdrive and fizzed --sounds like you guys are doing ok,, frank the water will cool off just as i get ready to go back to VT., down here for a little as my mom just fell and broke her leg,, not good ,, fishing on hold for awhile ,,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts