BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

--------------------------------------------------

First Day of Fall in this Wednesday 9/22,and
Mother Nature the last few mornings has given
us a sneak peak...Ocean Surf Temps Have Now
Dipped Below 70 and the Mullet Are on the Move..

Now I didn't Find any Mullet in the Roughed Up
Surf Yesterday on a Beach in Ocean County,
Strong North Winds Sure Did Make It Feel Like
Autumm Was Just Days Away,But I Was There and
It Felt Like It Was Time To Start Throwing
Plugs and I Did,, I Got Down The Beach About
a Hour befor First Light and Put On The Waders.
Casting Into The Darkest For A Hour WithOut A
Bite,But After A Short Break and Right Around
First Light on my next Cast my Gibbs Blk/Pur
Darter got hit Hard and The Fight was On....
It caught me by surprise, at that point based on
the conditions I really wasn't expecting anything
other then getting in some practice for more
Fall days to come..Felt like a Decent Bass,it
started taking some line,my 9'Lami bent nicely
then after a few minutes I lost her....Yeah
I was Disappointed I Dropped the First One of
The Fall Run on Plug,But Really I Was Happy,,
Knowing That Better Days and Bass Are Waiting
For Me in the Months To Come.....

Surf Conditions Where I Was Fishing Yesterday

EveryOne Have A Great Week,,,,,

[ 09-20-2004, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
fished Longport Sat. morning from 5am to about 9am and got very wet.
Went home and ate then back over at 11am. Nothin happening so ran to A.C.(finger jetty's) Not much,small blues.
Yesterday afternoon around 2pm, at Longport. Loads of mullet, but no action with them. Stuck it out there for 2 hrs before runing over to O.C. (Northend) Moderate bird play, all over blues. Still kinda fun.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I fished mullet strips from the OC sod banks yesterday late morning and was surprised by a 27" bass, landed on a #4 hook. Felt great to land something half decent after this current dry spell (for me at least). Just goes to show as long as you have a line in the water, you never know what will happen.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
WA Mike, congrats! How where you presenting that mullet strip? Just wondering if you were working it with a jighead or typical bait?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Went behind OC area and inlet boated a bonus 6.7 lb. flounder while messing around with my fly rod trying to get the bass to hit. Boy what surprise. No bass just one run off. water temp was 68-69 deg. and very dirty water.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Went out with Casting Disaster in the boat this evening behind OC for the last of the outgoing....Caught some small blues; CD landed a 21" bass on a topwater plug, in the ICW....Pretty slow, but we did hear some bass busting...We then decided to hit up some lights, and found mostly snapper blues feeding in the shallows...Did getv one weakie on a Fin-S....Need this water to drop a few more degrees and we're set!----tight lines------Mike

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Fished behind Strathmere 9/21 7:30-9:30 am. Kept 1-29" and 1-24 1/2" striper. Released 9 others.Drifting down the banks with a popper and trolling a Rattle-trap back up current. Awesome morning! I didn't expect much, fishing bottom of the tide. Most fish were in the 18-21" range.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahh, I love the Fall.,,,,

Surf Reports Are really starting to come in
now......

I just got a call from my good friend Greg,
who was out early this morning on the beach
in OC,he picked up a couple of shorts then
a beautiful 31" Bass slammed his Gibbs
Popper......

Thanks Greg !

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Hi Nightstrikes! How far out is he casting that Gibbs? In the wash? Just wondering if I should throw it with my 10' or 8'.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by RhinoScores:
Hi Nightstrikes! How far out is he casting that Gibbs? In the wash? Just wondering if I should throw it with my 10' or 8'.
RhinoScores,
Not Too Far,Just Enough To Reach the Inner Bar
and bringing it back thru the troth...
They have been using the Smaller Sticks ;)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Took a ride down to CISP yesterday & fished the end of the upcomming. Saw a few birds working & bait being scattered by small blues. Worked a small popper & had a ball for a few hrs. Plenty of spearing & some finger mullet along the sod. Nothing to write home about but, it was fun! ;)

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
WENT OUT BACK OF WILDWOOD WITH THE EMPEROR OF CLAMBELLIES FRED CHUNKING. WE SET UP AT THE CREEK PAST SHAWCRESTABOU 5:30 AT THE TOP OF THE TIDE AND BELLIED FOR A COUPLE HOURS.SHARKS WERE WILD NOW THERE IS NO MORE,FRED GOT A 22"THAT WAS BLEEDING LIKE A STUFFED PIG.WE THREW HIM BACK AND HE FLOATED AWAY,WHAT A WASTE.HAD WE THINK TWO MORE STRIPER BITES BUT NEITHER TOOK HAD 4 BLUE FISH AND A SM SEABASS.I GRABED AN OLD ROD OUT OF THE HOUSE THAT WAS A PIECE OF JUNK.WHEN WE CAME IN I MADE IT A 2 PIECE ROD AND GAVE THE OLD SPINNER TO THE RIP MONSTER.NICE NIGHT AND A FUN NIGHT ON THE WATER,ANY DAY NOW.TOMORROW NIGHT I FISH WITH THE PIECE OF CRAP--THE NO1 LURKER RUT-ROW.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
NS, as always, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Fished a private party boat charter with my brother out of Point Pleasant Wednesday. Roughly a 20 mile ride north. We were sitting in about 110 ft of water just within sight of land. Started chumming at first light and started catching bluefish - roughly 8 to 12lbers. After a few hours of that tried my luck at bottom fishing - Capt. said we were anchored over rocks. Large numbers of Sea Bass and other bottom fish, One big Tog that I released.

I caught my first ever Cod - about 5 in all. I started catching them when I switched to chopped up mullet that I had brought with me. I thought they were a cooler water fish. I guess Fall is right around the corner.

Later in the day headed back to SeaIsle with time left to fish ? hit an inshore wreck and had a blast with the Sea Bass and Blues. Some of the Bass were big, (someday I will have to bring a scale with me on the boat). The Blues were chasing whatever we pulled off the bottom right to the surface ? very aggressive ? more so than usual if that is possible.

Notable catch was a 4 ft brown eel - this thing was Huge.

Also fished Thursday but was a waste of fuel ? NE wind was chopping up the surface and held the bite down. One short flounder in TI inlet. Better than work though.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.