BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

--------------------------------------------------

I got out yesterday morning on LBI,and tryed
to Raise a Bass or two,but nothing was to be
found in the heavy/dirty/warm surf..But Plenty
of Croakers and a few Kingfish are feeding
hard before they vacate our waters,,

NorthEast Blow starting this afternoon,,,
Find the Bait and You Shoud Find Some Fish....

Good Luck,and Everyone have a great week,,,
Rockfishtober is here !!! :D

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I hit the N. WW surf yesterday, only one small bass to show. Took a schoolbus bomber, my first fish on that.
I saw the largest swarm of blues I have ever seen in the back bay at dusk. They were everywhere, mauling shiners, but the blues were small, about 12".

·
Registered
35 Posts
Fished the banks behind WWC Saturday at dusk. Throwing poppers only ... got slammed by a huge angry striper or blue started runnin then snapped the 15lb line . Hooked up a couple of blues, all on poppers, right at the banks. SO, anyone who pulls in a nice striper near the $1 bridge with a new lure in its mouth..send it to me.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Fished LBI, in and around the inlet on Fri 9/24. Fished the incoming tide, slack high tide and some of the outgoing. (4) short flounder with some small blues mixed in around the inlet. As the sun went down, drifted back in a bit and fished some sod banks, found some nice weaks. Brought (4) home to 22" lost about 5 or 6 more had another short flounder, no Bass though :mad: All were caught with tipped jigs, was nice to try out my new St.Croix Tidemasters.

Weather was absolutely perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fished right outside of Indian river inlet on Sat.and caught alot of small blue fish on the out going tide. We were casting small spoons. The young ones had a great time.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great Reports Guys,,, Thanks,,,,,

S.Bethany Jeff,
Welcome to the BassBarn.Com,
Glad To Have You Aboard...............
Thanks for the IRI Fishing Report.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Fished some bridges around OC/SI and found tons of blues. Could not find and weakies or stripers. Everywhere I went...more blues. Tons of Peanut Bunker. I live lined some PB's and had little taps but no run offs...."Fang Marks" so I'm guessing little weakies, that is if you were lucky enough to get under the blues.

I fished the surf as well this weekend. threw plugs at first light....NADA, Not much mullet in the surf. Conditions were tough to hold bottom, but managed a bunch of Kingies, then got into some .....yes you guessed it BLUES. Blues were 1 to 3 lb'ers....using mullet.

Hopefully October will bring some nice Striper Action this weekend.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Been a while since I posted a report, but after last night I needed to share a little.
We've been having steady action for about a month now and it seems to only be getting better each night. I took down a few friends that I haven't seen in a while for their first night trip. They have only dropped bucktails while flattie fishing from a boat and I was expecting to have a pretty slow night, jigging takes a little skill.
Got down and rigged them up, they all got into some decent weakfish. A fairly steady bite but nothing to write home about. Things slowed down, it was getting late and they were just about ready to call it a night. I told them we'll hit one more place on the way home to see if I could put them on some real action. We made the move and found bunker and mullet getting pounced on. I explained to them where and how to cast and the catching began. Most of the time I was landing and unhooking their stripers, most were between 23-25 inches and frisky. Needless to say the hooting and hollering began and they were smiling from ear to ear. After wanting to go home at 3am, I had to drag them out at 6! I got a few casts in and was rewarded with a 35 inch fatty, it was one of those trips I will remember forever.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tom & Frank, Thanks For Those Fishing Reports..

Good Stuff,,,,, :)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Frank, great job! I hope it's a sign of things to come! I haven't seen you out in a while. My fault I haven't been fishing that much until lately. I'm sure I'll see ya soon. I hope all is well! Tell Frank Hi!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fished SunSet beach in cape may thursday, small blues on mullet.
Fished little-egg inlet and back bay Monday, small blues in the inlet, robins,shark, sea-bass,sharks,skates, in the back. used mullet,minnows,some blue-fish strips.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all,

Fished out front of OC on Monday from 10am to 3pm, from the bell down to 50th street from 22 ft to 14 ft. All the croakers and spike weakfish you could catch. with four lines going the killer lurre was crippled herring with green markings. finesse went untouched, squid went untouched. Lots of fish....no size....
....still, a great day out.
stay well

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
fairly quiet last night in WW back bays...small blues and stripers and the occasional small seabass.

I suprised that the bite really hasn't started yet (for me...looks like Frank found a few!)
I thought there may be some movement before the storms today.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
out and about last nite CISP area ,, caught alot of blues ,, a few nice fish ,, interesting happening, after dark got into a school of 20" needlefish (I Think),, unbelievably voracious, and they bite

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Originally posted by FISHCOUNSELOR:
interesting happening, after dark got into a school of 20" needlefish (I Think),, unbelievably voracious, and they bite
I had a blast catching needlefish this past weekend on the flyrod. They would hit 2 or 3 times. I couldn't hook the small guys but the bigger ones inhaled the fly, serious set of teeth on them. Good jumpers and not a bad fight on a light rod.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service
Tornado Watch:

...IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY THIS WATCH INCLUDES 4 COUNTIES... ATLANTIC... CAPE MAY... CUMBERLAND... CAMDEN... GLOUCESTER... OCEAN... SALEM... AND BURLINGTON

A TORNADO WATCH MEANS CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE FOR TORNADOES IN AND CLOSE TO THE WATCH AREA. PERSONS IN THESE AREAS SHOULD BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THREATENING WEATHER CONDITIONS AND LISTEN FOR LATER STATEMENTS AND POSSIBLE WARNINGS....

[ 09-28-2004, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
No wonder they can't predict the weather. They can't even count!

"IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY THIS WATCH INCLUDES 4 COUNTIES... ATLANTIC... CAPE MAY... CUMBERLAND... CAMDEN... GLOUCESTER... OCEAN... SALEM... AND BURLINGTON "

That's seven counties!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Out and about last night between Sea Isle and Stone Harbor. Managed one Striper (16") on a pink worm, and a ton of Blues. Bait didn't seem real concentrated, flood tide screaming out, loads of grass. Found one flat with Stripers busting on it, but could't quite reach them. Most places were pretty quite.

·
Registered
483 Posts
tornado hit cherry hill! At least no fishing areas were touched. bad rain through out the region though. hope all were safe. bring on the cold .

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Hey FizzEd ,, how ya doing ,, down for another week,, catching blues ,, you know me thats all
i can catch ,, add in needlefish,,
snichols ,, i'll bet they would be fun on light flyrod,, left mine home monday ,, i'll bring it tomorrow,, good thing they don't get up to 30 pounds ,, the water wouldn't be safe :D

1 - 20 of 55 Posts