BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding South Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish & Bluefish etc...
As Much or As Little Information as you like
Even Skunk Reports are Ok...
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

--------------------------------------------------

I am still finding Keeper Weakfish on both ends
of the tide,although the bite has been tougher
during the incoming...Water is still Warm in
the BackBays and with plenty of bait too....

I am keeping a eye on the Surf situation also..
Tried to find some mullet but couldn't see threw
the foam yesterday.. :D

Surf Was Up in Surf City Monday

Everyone Have A Great Week,,

Thanks,,,

[ 09-13-2004, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
93 Posts
North Wildwood. Stripers on mullet at all different times. Top of the tide is producing well. They started really catching on Saturday up to 36". Live lining peanut bunker one of our regulars caught a 22" weakfish and a 36" striper. They are catching porgies, kingfish, and I'm watching kids as I write this from the tackle shop catching 2 snappers at a time having a blast. Bloodworms are doing well. Not bad for the last day before school starts!

[ 09-10-2004, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Spent weekend in Strathmere and picked up small blues and some stripers in the surf on plugs. I didn't see any mullet in the surf and the blow on Sunday and Monday made it difficult to see anything. Surfing and boogie boarding was awesome on Saturday with 6ft waves.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Fished behind Strathmere this morning for an hour. Drfted down down along the bank,casting poppers, with only a few strikes from blues. Trolled my way back to the dock with a Rattle Trap, going against the tide. Caught a 22" bass and an 8" sea bass.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Got out at about 9 and slow picked 5weakies and a shortie striper. Off the water when the rain started around 11.
Stripaholic,
You fish every night, or every night that I fish. I see you everytime I go. I ran by you on my way in last night.
BTW,
No mullet last night in the creek that I have been getting them real good, but the peanuts are really schoolin up back there.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Out and about tuesday nite , lots of blues, a nice school of 2# fish feeding on peanuts and mullet , real good nite ,, also flounder and a sea robin on a pink ,,

·
Registered
105 Posts
Worked the sodbanks near gravling point on sunday from the boat produced ten small bass and loss one nice one net tangled in some rod tips sorry mike also A bunch of small blues bass on the top of the out going tide lures bucktails finness topwater plugs

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Out and about tonite ,, small blues had bait pinned against the bank ,, caught and released over 50 in less than two hours ,, great fun ,, had someone ask me what kinda dog i had ,, i asked why ,, he said --cause hes on the beach behind you ,it was a fox,, hes looking healthier

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by eelball:
Got out at about 9 and slow picked 5weakies and a shortie striper. Off the water when the rain started around 11.
Stripaholic,
You fish every night, or every night that I fish. I see you everytime I go. I ran by you on my way in last night.
BTW,
No mullet last night in the creek that I have been getting them real good, but the peanuts are really schoolin up back there.
eel,

i saw peanuts a couple weeks ago by a creek i fish - then huge schools of mullet - and now peanuts again... more bass seemed to be on the mullet so i hope they return.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I think we are on the same page when it comes to knowing or assumeing when the bite is on. Stop next time and say hi.There isn't alot of night fishermen out there and a few friends never hurt.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Missed you the other night. You were pulling out and I was pulling up. It was about 2:30-3am
A couple weakies, but really slow morning. Had hoped to go offshore for fluke with sun up, but the wind made an unexpected guest appearance. Went home early.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
WEnt out last night a few weaks a small bass 18" and some herring. Live lined a herring aprox. 12" something ripped it in half and went on it's way. Behind OC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts