BASS BARN banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Didn't fish on Saturday, but went to end of summer get together that Off the Hook Marina holds at the end of the season for slip holders. For me it was a good chance to meet many of the other boaters that normally don't see, as I rarely fish the times that most other people fish. Owners provided a lot of good food and drink and everyone had a good time.

Today was model boat racing in Mt. Laurel. Had a fun morning racing with friends with pizza for lunch. On the way back to Cape May late this afternoon I stopped at a cedar lake for about 3/4 of an hour and caught two small yellow perch and small pickerel. Finished up as one of the first rain showers hit.

Have to see what this week brings weather wise and hoping to get out in the salt again.
Water Sky Lake Fish Fisherman
Water Fin Watercourse Fisherman Fish

·
Registered
14,021 Posts
Picked up an RC power boat for the grandkids at a garage sale for $5. Just needed a new battery (to start)... I should have given it a bathtub test first but had it on one of our ponds... fun little boat but after a few minutes apparently there is a rudder shaft seal that was dry rotted from age and started leaking, managed to get the boat close enough to shore before it sank that I only had to wade out a few feet to reach it LOL. Also working on rocket building with the grandkids.... we had a very busy week and a half and no fishing. Did get out in yesterday's wind for clamming... hope to hit the salt later this week, as you said, will keep an eye on weather.

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Sounds like you had some fun. Sorry about sinking the boat. At least with a sailboat you blow to one side of the lake when you lose power. That is why we always have a boat ready. Rocket building sounds interesting but could be a little dangerous if you get a malfunction.

·
Registered
14,021 Posts
These rocket engines are extremely safe. Great hobby. I had a rod to retrieve the boat if it lost power but Indidnt count on the stern sinking… I was having them keep it close to shore though.
Got the grandson out today and he got his personal best, a two thumb fish ( no it wasn’t caught on the Spider-Man rod… that was brought for sunnies :D )
People in nature Shorts Grass Plant Smile

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Very Nice Fish. His smile says it all.

Buddy Larry and I went out at 5:30 pm. to see if we could beat a dead horse back to life. Wanted to work the back but the tide was not quite high enough where I wanted to fish, so I decided to hit the ocean until the tide came up a little more. We never got to fish. I was in the process of putting down my electric motor and the wind blew us a little too close to the inlet jetty rocks. Larry started the main engine to pull us away without any damage, except for my had. I was pushing off a large rock and my thumb got banged by the top overhang of the gunwale and the rock really ripping the skin off the bottom part of my thumb.

It really looked nasty and I was bleeding like a pig, it was trip over. Drove to the Emergency Room where I was treated. Bone was not broken but it took 22 stickies to re-attach the skin and didn't get out of ER till after 10:00 pm. Will probably have me on the fishing sidelines for awhile as it is going to take awhile to heal and hopefully the end damage will not be too severe. Right now it is still a bloody mess and I will have to do a lot of dressing changes. I will just have to tell everyone it is a case of severe striper thumb. (Wish it was.)

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
It might take a bite. Orthopaedic guy scheduled me for surgery on Friday to make sure tendons not damaged or bone. Had him look at it today and have to do the prep work to get ready . I am hoping to fish in about 3 weeks if all goes well.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts